The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

40 minutes ago, sophia said:

Such good news and there is now the very real possibility that I shall be within clear earshot from 19:45 tonight. 

Would any P&Ber like to share a witty rejoinder that could be directed his way?

'More flip-flops than a branch of Sports Direct ya chubby *'

* Add suitable insult here

23 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
39 minutes ago, sophia said:
Such good news and there is now the very real possibility that I shall be within clear earshot from 19:45 tonight. 
Would any P&Ber like to share a witty rejoinder that could be directed his way?

Tell him he's a c**t

18 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

He's there to help the referee

Tell him he's a c**t from me.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What about “You’re a bigger c**t than Boris Johnson”?  That should be appropriately hurtful.

I'm not at all sure that the denizens of ICTs main stand are prepared for such coarseness and I fear I wouldn't be long for the game if I resorted to such.

Would "you always favour the right winger" or "make up you mind" be acceptable? 

1 minute ago, sophia said:

I'm not at all sure that the denizens of ICTs main stand are prepared for such coarseness and I fear I wouldn't be long for the game if I resorted to such.

Would "you always favour the right winger" or "make up you mind" be acceptable? 

If you go for something as tame as that then you’re a bigger c**t than Boris Johnson I would disown you.

On 19/07/2022 at 16:35, Clown Job said:

Still wild he doesn’t get hammered by this from other parties and the media 

The guy is already an MSP and a MP, how does he have the time for this on top of all that?

He could legitimately claim bias if the press picked him out for having a second/third/fourth job, and there are certain subjects that politicians tend to keep schtum over, lest they all go down in flames.

"We don't want to go back to the days when we're were called 'the nasty party"

Got news for you mate, your latest incarnation have stooped way lower than any of their predecessors and would have to embark of a colossal program of reparations just to reach the highs of merely being 'nasty'.

8000 members. Officially a turbo-minter.

Edited by Boo Khaki

The Tories never stopped being called The Nasty Party, did they?

People just stopped caring so long as they were being nasty to somebody else.

Edit: maybe they just prefer The Leopards Eating People's Faces Party. It does have a bit more verve.

Edited by BFTD

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Looks like the Scottish Tories can’t afford to be independent with only 8,000 members 

Many congratulations to Aberdeen FC, whose average home gate last season was higher than the entire reported membership of the Tory Party in Scotland. 

Now, process the fact that the Scottish section of the electorate that will determine our next Prime Minister is only marginally higher than those who drag their weary backsides to Tannadice, and fewer than those who go to Pittodrie. 

What a joke of a country. 

Some of the "Scottish members" have additional memberships elsewhere. Like one for the Kensington shag pad and one for the shooting lodge in Moray. Can't have them choosing the wrong sort of council for when I'm blatting defenceless dumb animals now can we?

So the number of individuals will be less than 8000. Its one of the reasons they tend to keep the number a secret. That and it's a pitifully small number of c***s to decide who gets pretty much absolute power over a population of 5.6 million. 

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Many congratulations to Aberdeen FC, whose average home gate last season was higher than the entire reported membership of the Tory Party in Scotland. 

Now, process the fact that the Scottish section of the electorate that will determine our next Prime Minister is only marginally higher than those who drag their weary backsides to Tannadice, and fewer than those who go to Pittodrie. 

What a joke of a country. 

There are many legitimate things to complain about.  This isn’t one of them.

We have a Parliamentary democracy in the U.K. and in Scotland; we do not have a Presidential government.  It is therefore quite legitimate for the ruling political party to change their leader and to choose that leader by their approved method.

I have far more concerns about the Tories ruling the U.K. with an 80 seat majority on 43.5% of the vote than I have about how they replace their leader and the country’s Prime Minister.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I have far more concerns about the Tories ruling the U.K. with an 80 seat majority on 43.5% of the vote than I have about how they replace their leader and the country’s Prime Minister.

Not helped by the media and politicians’ propensity to use terms like “stonking majority”, “massive majority”, etc. to perpetuate the myth that somehow the ruling party is massively supported by the electorate (rather than achieving its majority via a minority of votes in a shit, archaic system).

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There are many legitimate things to complain about.  This isn’t one of them.

We have a Parliamentary democracy in the U.K. and in Scotland; we do not have a Presidential government.  It is therefore quite legitimate for the ruling political party to change their leader and to choose that leader by their approved method.

I can't disagree with the accuracy of what you say. I also agree with you that our system is, to say the least a bit weird. For periods of their office, the past few Prime Ministers have been initially selected by their membership entirely separately from a general election. Selected by the party faithful as being the best the party can offer, then booted out on their backsides and replaced with another best thing the party can offer, then booted out on their backsides and replaced with another best thing the party can offer.  

Either Sunak or Truss will be the latest version of the best thing the party can offer, until they look as if they will lose the next election, then the caretaker PM will be booted out and a voter-friendly PM appointed to give them a chance of winning.  Cue the men in grey suits ensuring that only one nomination is lodged - in the interests of party unity, you understand - then Mordaunt's smiling coupon and a 40 seat majority.