The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

I'll say one thing for Boris, he has absolutely ruined the Linesman. The squashed-nosed little tart debasing himself every single day in the run up to the elections on this is really quite entertaining. 

Scottish Tory leader Douglas Ross says Johnson 'fit for office'

Douglas Ross, the Scottish Conservative leader, has said Boris Johnson is “fit for office”. In January, as the Partygate revelations escalated, Ross said that he thought Johnson’s position was “no longer tenable”, and he said he was joining colleagues writing letters demanding a no confidence vote in Johnson as party leader. But Ross withdrew his letter after the invasion of Ukraine, on the grounds that the war required Johnson to remain in office.

Asked by the Scotsman if Johnson was “fit for office”, Ross replied:

"Yes"

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I'll say one thing for Boris, he has absolutely ruined the Linesman. The squashed-nosed little tart debasing himself every single day in the run up to the elections on this is really quite entertaining. 

He's spent the past week digging for gold in Boris' backside and it is only going to get even more embarrassing as further fines get revealed. So much sleaze and corruption.

Could not happen to a more deserving bloke tho :)

9 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

No one has ever looked more Tory. What an utter fucking dweeb.

952836f9da4a4b4e104708f95b2123ec.jpg

But but but he was steely! Steeeellyyy! I wonder how auld Torcuil is feeling about his golden boy now.

That lesson might have been lost on a succession of Scottish Labour leaders, but not on Ross. And his moves in the last 24 hours look like a masterstroke of political plotting that lends him more than an air of integrity.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/douglas-ross-pole-position-lead-22451275.amp

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I abstained in disgust at the poor quality of leaflets delivered by the green wifie who turned up in my street on a tandem.

So you did f**k all to help achieve the outcome you’re now lauding.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So you did f**k all to help achieve the outcome you’re now lauding.

I couldn’t give a flying f**k about the cooncil elections tbh.

I just revel seeing Tories getting a pasting whatever the weather.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkay

• 3 weeks later...

Something I find interesting that the media hasn't really focused on is how the low IQ brexit Tory intakes and Douglas Ross keep on citing Ukraine as a reason why Bojo shouldn't resign whereas the Tories that are either spooks/credible Tories that have actually served in the military on some level like Tobias Elwood and Thomas Tugendhat are actually vocally against him. The only people in the Tories that have some level of understanding over Ukraine and UK military capacity are happy for him to go which makes it funnier when the dribblers cite it as an apparant credible reason. They also like to forget that we've switched leaders during wars we were actually troops on the ground involved in...

16 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Something I find interesting that the media hasn't really focused on is how the low IQ brexit Tory intakes and Douglas Ross keep on citing Ukraine as a reason why Bojo shouldn't resign whereas the Tories that are either spooks/credible Tories that have actually served in the military on some level like Tobias Elwood and Thomas Tugendhat are actually vocally against him. The only people in the Tories that have some level of understanding over Ukraine and UK military capacity are happy for him to go which makes it funnier when the dribblers cite it as an apparant credible reason. They also like to forget that we've switched leaders during wars we were actually troops on the ground involved in...

The low IQ Tory Brexit intake of 2019 really are something else. I heard that same nonsense being parroted out by the Tory MP for Darlington so they must all have got the memo to defend Bozo regardless of the outcome of the Sue Grey report. But it was the worst kind of vacuous, bootlicking nonsense that he spouted out.

Staggering that Darlington has a Tory MP but I suspect he'll be one of the first to get his jotters at the next election.

Edited by AndyM