The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

8 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Quite right. It would be awful if folk kept on reposting that clip. 

I understand that he was booked for swearing at the ref who claimed he dived trying to get a penalty. 

RED CARD! RED CARD!!!!

On 14/05/2021 at 15:02, Salt n Vinegar said:

To put a different spin on it, Ross is the best the Scottish Tories have. Folk can take that any way they like. 

Is he though?  Jackson Carlaw is hardly some political titan but he often came across better than Douglas Ross does.  If/when Indyref2 ramps up, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them try and bring Davidson back into the fold in a big way again.

I think Tories and people who hate the SNP above all else will enjoy Ross at FMQs. He’ll just shout and bawl and whine, and it’ll be all ‘FINALLY SOMEONE STANDS UP TO KRANKIE [emoji1376][emoji1376][emoji636]’.

I don’t see it winning anybody new over though.

39 minutes ago, Paco said:

I think Tories and people who hate the SNP above all else will enjoy Ross at FMQs. He’ll just shout and bawl and whine, and it’ll be all ‘FINALLY SOMEONE STANDS UP TO KRANKIE emoji1376.pngemoji1376.pngemoji636.png’.

I don’t see it winning anybody new over though.

He is obviously unprepared for the reality of how much your average punter will love to see a lassie wiping the floor with an assistant referee. 

It will be hysterical if he claims that there's no mandate for another referendum because the Greens were only elected on the list - which I've heard some unionist pals try to use - when over 83% of Tory seats came from the lists as well. If it wasn't for the list system, Dross would have one more MSP than that political colossus, Willie Rennie. 

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Dross sounded exactly, and I mean EXACTLY, like Davidson today - he's either been coached by her or by whoever prepared FMQs for her.

Bit wishy-washy it has to be said - he'd have wanted to hit the ground running but simply didn't.

Davidson at least sound convincing on occasion this clown exudes nothing.

1 hour ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Dross sounded exactly, and I mean EXACTLY, like Davidson today - he's either been coached by her or by whoever prepared FMQs for her.

Bit wishy-washy it has to be said - he'd have wanted to hit the ground running but simply didn't.

Do he do the fist thing (no, that *that*)? I’ve searched it and apparently it’s called the “Clinton Thumb”. It was a favourite of Colonel Blimp. Every syllable would be punctuated by a thrust of it.

7EB47DDB-9F36-410D-BF3A-08660FA5611C.jpeg

16 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Dross sounded exactly, and I mean EXACTLY, like Davidson today - he's either been coached by her or by whoever prepared FMQs for her.Bit wishy-washy it has to be said - he'd have wanted to hit the ground running but simply didn't.

The bulk of his questions were regarding to businesses and basically demanding the FM do more to help them, this from the tories who have just shat on the farmers nd fishermen big time.

Unfuckinbelievable.

He then went for urging the FM to help Glasgow out of Level 3, total hypocrisy, as since when did the tories care about Glasgow? considering tory presence in Glasgow over the years has been negligible.

Anas Sarwar was by far the better, he absolutely had the FM on the back foot over the children dying in hospital.

I’d probably lock myself away for a fortnight if I stood up in the national parliament and complained about a ‘one size fits all’ Covid system when the country is split into three levels, and suggested different areas of towns are placed into different levels.

15 hours ago, Paco said:

I’d probably lock myself away for a fortnight if I stood up in the national parliament and complained about a ‘one size fits all’ Covid system when the country is split into three levels, and suggested different areas of towns are placed into different levels.

In fairness certain areas have been locked up for over a year now even when they've had zero cases or a handful of cases due to places like Aberdeen and Glasgow having high volumes. 

First their branch leader self-isolates and now one of their repugnant MSP's gets the BBC to kid on he is not a Tory

The SNP's Craig Hoy asks about "deeply disturbing" waiting times for children's mental health services.

He says one in five children are still being turned away from referrals and asks what is being done to improve the situation.

Ms Sturgeon says there is ongoing work on "rejected referrals" and more investment into Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), as well as plans to redesign the service to make it more available within the community.

Article share tools