The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

9 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

he called an openly bisexual politician a "freak". His bravery extended to implying it but not to confirm it and every post he has made since he has sought to try and save face. And yet you deem his comment acceptable but the outrage of posters who call out his homophobia as unacceptable.  

That seems quite apt. 

Calling Patrick Harvie a freak when you don't know his sexuality should not illicit the response that is has by some of the posters that live in a bubble and have fantasies about the good guys versus the baddies and they think they're fighting a good fight by getting morally outraged by a non offensive comment. The fact the two that are doing it are complete and utter weapons themselves makes it even funnier. 

It's interesting that he could be called a freak and some peoples minds instantly jump to sexuality, I can't say I thought that when I read the initial comments and I cant say I was aware of the little freaks sexuality. 

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

😂

This place is unrivalled. Bingo for cyber nat roasters, as pointed out, devoid of any humour or personality.

Do you see the irony of this being part of your 764th "*laughing emoji* This place, man" post of 2021?

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Do you see the irony of this being part of your 764th "*laughing emoji* This place, man" post of 2021?

Only if you have a shit sense of humour. 

The lack of self awareness and the blind spot some of you guys have for the crazies on your side of the fence will always amuse me. 

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

Only if you have a shit sense of humour. 

The lack of self awareness and the blind spot some of you guys have for the crazies on your side of the fence will always amuse me. 

You must be pretty easily amused.

2 minutes ago, Pato said:

Do you not think if that was the case, the simplest thing to do would be say 'gosh I didn't think that is how it could come across. To be clear I don't think he's a freak because of his sexuality, it's because of policy blah'

But instead we get all this finger steepling 'Moi? Homophobic?' stuff of the type I described above.

If you're dealing with a jury that's already convicted you then I don't think you need to dance along to their tune to disprove their wild allegations. 

You would do that in real life if you accidentally gave of the impression you were homophobic but I don't think you need to when it's bad faith losers on this forum. 

One of those posters tried to make a point over me calling someone "mental" they said I was making fun of people with mental illness and they failed to notice the numerous examples of the same language being used by all of the other posters in the thread so I'm well aware of their false grievances. The initial jibe definitely aligns itself to the posters previous thoughts and politics, seems a bad faith stretch to try and make it an issue about sexuality. 

8 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

You must be pretty easily amused.

Or you don't have a sense of humour...

It's a spectrum. Different strokes for different folks and all of that. 

Edited by Stormzy

31 minutes ago, Pato said:

At the risk of being whooshed it's from the original House of Cards.

I just thought it was a Jacksgranda selfie. 

4 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Or you don't have a sense of humour...

It's a spectrum. Different strokes for different folks and all of that. 

I'm not sure being in a constant state of amusement at mundane and predictable things counts as having a sense of humour.

For anyone that's interested, have a look back and check out who actually and after the fact mentioned sexuality.

With that he admitted his original intent and that in and of itself is hilarious.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

I'm not sure being in a constant state of amusement at mundane and predictable things counts as having a sense of humour.

Yeah you're right, neither would I. If you can find someone that does that would be handy. 

It's actually amusing how unhappy my amusement seems to make some people. We certainly have a lot of miserable joyless posters on here. 

7 minutes ago, sophia said:

For anyone that's interested, have a look back and check out who actually and after the fact mentioned sexuality.

With that he admitted his original intent and that in and of itself is hilarious.

12 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

In real life, Patrick is not very tall. I said hello to him when passing his stall by Oban Tesco car-park at a previous election.

I'm going to be charitable and assume that Glen Minter is referring to Patrick's lack of height rather than his sexual orientation.

^For anyone who was curious as to who mentioned it first. 

Steady on with the hilarious patter. You're not allowed to find things funny on this part of the forum. 

Edited by Stormzy

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Fair play to Stormzy for keeping in the spirit of Dougie Ross, by constantly chipping in his pence despite not really knowing what to say but will just ramble on anyway. 

It's pretty wild move for the most aggressively boring personality on this forum to be attacking folk for lacking humour and personality.

45 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Calling Patrick Harvie a freak when you don't know his sexuality should not illicit the response that is has by some of the posters that live in a bubble and have fantasies about the good guys versus the baddies and they think they're fighting a good fight by getting morally outraged by a non offensive comment. The fact the two that are doing it are complete and utter weapons themselves makes it even funnier. 

It's interesting that he could be called a freak and some peoples minds instantly jump to sexuality, I can't say I thought that when I read the initial comments and I cant say I was aware of the little freaks sexuality. 

Flying the flag for homophobia and bigotry as long as it is in line with your political leanings. Shameful. 

2 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Flying the flag for homophobia and bigotry as long as it is in line with your political leanings. Shameful. 

Point me to any part where I've done that? 

To summarise. Someone called Patrick Harvie a freak, someone else then mentioned his sexuality and accused the initial poster of being homophobic, I pointed out how ridiculous this was. 

What a scandal. 

1 hour ago, Pato said:

On the topic of the last few pages, I am more and more interested in this as I think it's probably applicable to homophobes too.

They always let slip in the end. It's like when people keep "randomly" calling Owen Jones squealer like it's not incredibly obvious what they're doing.