The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Funnily enough in my Borders area the shameless former Lib Dem candidate who has joined the SNP has sent out election flyers with zero mention of Independence on it.

Very tactile. 

Are they that behind in the Borders that punters there still need to be told the SNP think independence would be a good idea?

3 hours ago, sophia said:

I've taken the time to read an election flyer from D Ross and it pains me to report that15% of the words are SNP, referendum or independence. There was no room for any day job ideas.

Make no mistake, the upcoming election is a single issue election, their Trumpian messaging makes it so.

Any naive Corbyn brexit style nuance will get lost in the noise of their "only the Scottish Conservatives can prevent the snp winning a majority" schtick, no matter how ludicrous that statement is.

I was pondering this as after the election the Tories are likely to be the second biggest party. Unionism apart, if they stood on their policies on their own would they still be the second biggest party?

For example I notice that their manifesto of 2016 mentions empowering school "leaders" and talks of autonomous schools. This seems to be akin to England's system of "free schools" outwith local authority control. Also "leaders" are not just heidies and dominies but likely to include bampots like "us for them". It may be that this is a popular policy with the public but I have my doubts.

Edited by tamthebam
Missed a word

11 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I was pondering this as after the election the Tories are likely to be the second biggest party. Unionism apart, if they stood on their policies on their own would they still be the second biggest party?

For example I notice that their manifesto of 2016 mentions empowering school "leaders" and talks of autonomous schools. This seems to be akin to England's system of "free schools" outwith local authority control. Also "leaders" are not just heidies and dominies but likely to include bampots like "us for them". It may be that this is a popular policy with the public but I have my doubts.

Michael Forsyth certainly thought that this was a good idea but somehow our democratic process failed to agree.

As far as I recall, this issue helped usher our need for our own parliament.

We've a lot to thank Michael Forsyth for and it seems to me that all these years down the line with every indentikit know it all lecturing us, we get closer.

Come to think of it, does The Douglas have any specific day job policies that he would feel comfortable to share?

53 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I can see the appeal, I know enough to say that I wouldn't let West Lothian and Fife run tuck shops, never mind schools. But I know that going down the free schools route is even worse. It draws in people with very questionable motives and it creates local power games. Most of the parents I've encountered on parent councils are silent, cheerleaders, morons or show-offs. I'd like to get back to the time when headteachers were captains of their ships, and weren't ladder-climbers and suck-ups looking for a better-paid and easier job as an Education Officer in the council.

27 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Douglas Ross the cooncil hoose boy from Elgin must have a lot in common with that other tory Jacob Rees Mogg, I bet they get on like a house on fire talking about their childhoods and their beloved Nannies.

Leave him alone Sandy.

For a boy that didn't excel at school and whose primary ambition in life was to milk cows (he liked to be alone with them early in the morning), he's actually done quite well for himself. Quite well, that is, if you ignore theToly activities and assistant refereeing practices he indulges in.

yes, he really is as dim witted as you would suppose

1 minute ago, peternapper said:

Makes you wonder he can carry on in fitba, got plenty stick in the past but after his latest antics would imagine him quite rightly getting even more abuse to the point of being a distraction.

Even if he gets distracted his performances wouldn’t suffer.

I see Forres Gump has called for a unionist alliance with Labour and The Lib Dems to oust the SNP. Wee Willie is open to it. Labour won’t touch it with a barge pole. It’s for Scotland’s own good you know!
Dross would become FM because that’s what the people want![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]🤪[emoji23]

10 hours ago, CambieBud said:

I see Forres Gump has called for a unionist alliance with Labour and The Lib Dems to oust the SNP. Wee Willie is open to it. Labour won’t touch it with a barge pole. It’s for Scotland’s own good you know!
Dross would become FM because that’s what the people want!emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png🤪emoji23.png

They could combine with Voltron and it still wouldn't give them a majority.