The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

No - the last one I had even had conservative branding on it, which caused an eyebrow to raise en route from the letterbox to the recycling.

Might be talking out my arse, but I think they only adopted the Conservative name (and WM whip) relatively recently? Before that they were called the Scottish Unionist Party and often differentiated themselves from the English Tories.

Surprised they haven't reverted to it.

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

pff black and white times don't count

Looking it up it seems quite a few Scottish Unionists joined the SNP rather than merge with the English Conservatives. Apparently the Unionist label was to do with Ireland rather than our relations with England.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Looking it up it seems quite a few Scottish Unionists joined the SNP rather than merge with the English Conservatives. Apparently the Unionist label was to do with Ireland rather than our relations with England.

This is true. The term “unionist” has historically referred to the union between GB and Ireland, not the 1707 Treaty of Union. It’s only really since the lead-up to the independence referendum that opponents of independence took it on themselves (one might imagine cynically, in a bid to link Scottish independence with Irish republicanism and thereby to Irish-up Scottish politics and stir up sectarianism).

“Unionist” is therefore a deliberately loaded descriptor of the party and supporters of the union between Scotland and England in general. A more accurate term for conservative backers of the UK state in Scotland would be “c***s”.

Edited by Antlion

Man who voted to end freedom of movement despite being told of the effect it would have on seasonal works and farmers writes to PM to voice concerns farmers face due to shortage of seasonal workers caused by the ending of freedom of movement.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/politics/uk-politics/2610892/in-a-jam-pm-told-local-labour-will-not-work-in-soft-fruit-jobs/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

The guy is an utter c**t. It's mind boggling how brazenly two faced he is.

14 hours ago, RiG said:

Man who voted to end freedom of movement despite being told of the effect it would have on seasonal works and farmers writes to PM to voice concerns farmers face due to shortage of seasonal workers caused by the ending of freedom of movement.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/politics/uk-politics/2610892/in-a-jam-pm-told-local-labour-will-not-work-in-soft-fruit-jobs/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

A tory two faced??

NEVER.

14 hours ago, RiG said:

What Tories like Ross want is to be able to bring in migrant workers for a defined period each year.  They would have minimal protection or rights and be shipped back home when not needed.

Certainly not slavery, but a serious form of legalised exploration.  Just a horrible way of protecting our economy at the expense of other human beings.

What Tories like Ross want is to be able to bring in migrant workers for a defined period each year.  They would have minimal protection or rights and be shipped back home when not needed.
Certainly not slavery, but a serious form of legalised exploration.  Just a horrible way of protecting our economy at the expense of other human beings.

Tories would be absolutely delighted with slavery tbh

On 30/10/2020 at 09:42, SandyCromarty said:

And a pathetic tear stained sobbing TV news interview last night.

TBF...i was pissing myself watching this.....forget the 'westminster incident'....plenty of other stories about him...#amgettingtheword

18 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
1 hour ago, tbsouth said:
TBF...i was pissing myself watching this.....forget the 'westminster incident'....plenty of other stories about him...#amgettingtheword

Aye? First I've heard of any rumours like that.

Really.....you need to start paying attention

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/tory-mp-ross-thomsons-ex-20804743

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14784224.tory-msp-repays-expenses-after-aides-hotel-stay/

Not forgetting all the complaints from his Tory 'helpers' in his constituency.....they all look the same too.