The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

My dilemma is, since this Tory government have raised my income by about 90 quid a month, should I be voting Tory at the next election.

I'm long-term unemployed, you see, and the extra money they added to Universal Credit in April has given me some kind of life back.

I've never put anything next to any of their candidates' names on a ballot paper before, other than the highest number on local election ballots (to ensure there couldn't be any doubt that they were my least favourite party).

Maybe I'll just sit the next election out, like last time.

On 18/09/2020 at 21:05, sophia said:

The BBC's Drivetime radio programme had a curious piece on the Dross v farmer thingwy at 22 minutes.

At first it seemed like half a story but in retrospect, the farmer's no (on the record) comment sounds awfully like an off the record denial of Dross' account.

If I'm reading this correctly, Fiona Stalker called DRoss an out and out liar live on air!

That story came up twice on BBC Scotland, Gary Robertson fecked him over on GMS when Dross quoted Jonnie Hall, the NFU Director, as backing him that MP's had never voted on cutting UK food standards, GR said that was not what Jonnie Hall agreed with but Dross insisted him it was.

That afternoon John Beattie had Dross on and raised the question of food quality standards and Dross fell into the trap by insisting that Jonnie Hall backed him, so John Beattie say's 'Lets listen to Jonnie Hall then', at that a very angry JH came on rubbishing Dross................................................................................................

Dross =Liar, surprised?

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

That story came up twice on BBC Scotland, Gary Robertson fecked him over on GMS when Dross quoted Jonnie Hall, the NFU Director, as backing him that MP's had never voted on cutting UK food standards, GR said that was not what Jonnie Hall agreed with but Dross insisted him it was.

That afternoon John Beattie had Dross on and raised the question of food quality standards and Dross fell into the trap by insisting that Jonnie Hall backed him, so John Beattie say's 'Lets listen to Jonnie Hall then', at that a very angry JH came on rubbishing Dross................................................................................................

Dross =Liar, surprised?

Yes, I know all that but my observation pertains to DRoss doubling down by claiming further dialogue with Andrew MacCornick.

NFUS refused the opportunity to corroborate.

19 hours ago, St-ow! said:

My dilemma is, since this Tory government have raised my income by about 90 quid a month, should I be voting Tory at the next election.

I'm long-term unemployed, you see, and the extra money they added to Universal Credit in April has given me some kind of life back.

I've never put anything next to any of their candidates' names on a ballot paper before, other than the highest number on local election ballots (to ensure there couldn't be any doubt that they were my least favourite party).

19 hours ago, St-ow! said:

The most infuriating thing my partner does is, whenever I'm Zooming some important meeting with senior colleagues, she parades around just out of picture just in one of her sheer bodystockings, sometimes red or fishnet. I wish she would not do that.

On 20/09/2020 at 15:33, St-ow! said:

Judas : 30 pieces of silver

St-ow!: £22.50 a week

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/scottish-conservatives-appoint-investigative-journalist-22722237?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar
Russell Findlay, known for his hard-hitting investigations into organised crime, will steer the Tories' press operation as the party steps up its planning for next year's Holyrood election.
The former Sunday Mail reporter will lead an expanded communications and policy team that also includes former MP Kirstene Hair, who lost her Angus seat at last year's election.

Judging by last night's Panorama, Russell Findlay would be better advised to investigate the corruption in Conservative Central Office, and how this Government pointedly turns a blind eye as the City of London cements it's place as the world centre of money laundering. Russian donations, dear boy, donations.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/scottish-conservatives-appoint-investigative-journalist-22722237?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar
Russell Findlay, known for his hard-hitting investigations into organised crime, will steer the Tories' press operation as the party steps up its planning for next year's Holyrood election.
The former Sunday Mail reporter will lead an expanded communications and policy team that also includes former MP Kirstene Hair, who lost her Angus seat at last year's election.

How's he going to shoehorn Paul Ferris or Arthur Thompson into that campaign?

It's truly bizarre. You can only conclude that one of two things must be true about the folk claiming they are totally bamboozled by this all. Either -

1. They are thick as fucking pigshit. Incapable of grasping the simplest of instruction, and incapable of opening a paper, performing a quick google, or actually just reading, in order to clear up any confusion they might have.

or

2. They get it damned fine, and they're simply at it in an attempt to score cheap political points with their followers.

Edited by Boo Khaki

15 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Option 2 obviously. They need to drive a wedge somewhere in SNP support and have decided pushing UnCeRtAiNtY is the way to do it. Worked well in 2014 I guess, however I guess No2Indyref2 messaging with this is an implicit admission of sorts.

The tories know full well that the Brexit vote to remain by the Scottish people drove a huge hole in any argument that they can come up with to denigrate the SNP, Nicola and her team are doing a good job with this crisis, far better than  bumbling Boris, and she has the support of the majority of the Scottish people in this.

To add further to tory woes there is this ongoing Deal/No Deal bickering with the EU, again these brexiteers fail to see how insignificant they are with regards to world trade and they are hell bent on isolating the country thinking they are a major player when by going down the path they have chosen they will be a footnote.

Consider for example say New Zealand lamb, would they want to trade with england with a population of 55 million or the 27 countries of the EU with a population of 750 million?

I read a wee bit of this and he says a Championship manager, during a game, said he was a Tory voter and Ross should help him out. I wonder which games he was a lino in the Championship? As he never came to the seaside leagues I had no chance to pass on any pleasant comments.  Red car/red card is the best one.