The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

3 hours ago, Mr Heliums said:

Nonsense. You've got to stand for what's right. If you're going to cheat just because the other side to I don't think the battle's worth winning.

Ordinarily I'd agree but I have to admit that the policy of when they go low, you go high might be one that is out of time and if we go too polite, we may well be trumped by roguery.

On 17/11/2020 at 13:14, Paco said:

Oh Douglas. There’s no problem with devolution, just the way people vote.

Always makes me laugh when they mention the Justice System because they forget it needs people to help run it and over the last decade the Tories have cut wages in real terms and attacked civil service pensions. p***ks.

21 hours ago, Mr Heliums said:

Nonsense. You've got to stand for what's right. If you're going to cheat just because the other side to I don't think the battle's worth winning.

Nonsense. 

If the SNP aren't willing to play those games then they might as well not turn up. If they do the same as last time, No wins.

The other thing to remember is how big a weapon fear is. It's why I never used the term shitebag. It's just not that simple, and there needs to be a way to combat it.

EDIT: Fear of the unknown is another thing that needs to be countered. I wish we lived in a world where a Yes campaign wouldn't need to stoop to certain levels. We don't live in that world though.

Edited by Andre Drazen

21 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Grand coalition baybee.

Hoping for an absolutely on brand Slab response like 'we're not ruling anything out'.

I read that as "Tories would step over their own dying children for even the smallest semblance of power".

Same thing tbh.

9 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I don't  understand, they're  the poster child for forming alliances purely to block the SNP

ah yes, see what you mean.  Then again the 9 Labour cooncillors have been suspended from the party so that it doesnt look like a Tory British Labour coalition.

Disgraceful coalition pretty much summed up by their fast-tracking PB Devco's Draft Project, ignoring all licencing procedures purely to satisy a major Tory donor (Stuartie Clarkson)   Marie Boulton (Labour (as was) endured they got their licence in unprecendented timescale. Hunners of cones at the beach forcing cars to park in the middle of the road...another great scheme from this coalition.

55 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:
Grand coalition baybee.

Hoping for an absolutely on brand Slab response like 'we're not ruling anything out'.

Or my personal favourite. "Vote Labour..... although keep in mind that there are some places where other parties are best placed to beat the SNP.... just saying likes."

7 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

ah yes, see what you mean.  Then again the 9 Labour cooncillors have been suspended from the party so that it doesnt look like a Tory British Labour coalition.

it does if Labour lack the conviction to follow up on a what, 2 year suspension (?).  the fact that they are not expelled and are apparently indefinitely suspended merely confirms SLAB/Labour are actually content with the coalition internally but compelled to make a token gesture of displeasure publicly. 

6 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

it does if Labour lack the conviction to follow up on a what, 2 year suspension (?).  the fact that they are not expelled and are apparently indefinitely suspended merely confirms SLAB/Labour are actually content with the coalition internally but compelled to make a token gesture of displeasure publicly. 

Jackie Baillie ran as Deputy Leader partially on reinstating them if I can recall and she won quite convincingly in the end.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Grand coalition baybee.

Labour haven't really campaigned in my constituency (Ayr, Cumnock & Carrick) over the last few elections, don't recall anyone knocking on the door or seeing any party representatives other than the SNP either at the polling station. Changed days - I remember Donald Dewar chapping my door during the 2000 by-election for Holyrood back when it was just Ayr. You can just about understand non-campaigning but a formal alliance would surely be too much for Labour, although I'm not 100% sure about the Lib-Dems.

30 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

An odd choice of words given the relative popularity of his predecessor's predecessor

That is disgusting but I'm happy to report that only an approximate 19.7% of our fellow denizens will be taken with this base bigotry and that won't be enough for DRoss to maintain his veneer with even a shred of credibility