Musselburgh Athletic FC 2020-21

10 hours ago, RedLichty said:

@Casey Jones are you guys excited about life under Joe Hammil?  Has he registered as a player as well?  Wouldn’t be surprised to see a few Haddington players follow… he was doing a fine job there.

I am excited that we have got a new manager in place now after the initial hiccup; though fully understand the reason for this. Think Joe is already setting his stall with tweaks to the starting line up since he came in. Very early days, but I think Joe was highly regarded with his tenure at Haddington so hope this continues now at Musselburgh. He knows our captain from earlier time at Hearts, so that is a great benefit between players and the coaching team.

A difficulty may be his late start at Burgh and if this causes issues with him trying to get up to 3 new players, i think we need; a goalkeeper, a holding midfielder and a forward.

We currently have our under 20s keeping in goals, who is a great prospect, but i think we need another keeper to compete and challenge the no.1 position.

We have good bunch of lads in midfield but if we had someone like Darren Smith; an experienced guy who can hold on to the ball and control the midfield, that would make us stronger.

Lastly I think we need a strong forward who can hustle bustle up front. In our captain, Mathu King, we have one of the best forwards to grace our level of football in many a year. not the tallest of guys, but percentage wise, for getting up for headers, I dont think anyone can touch him in our league. The other 3 forwards we have are all good players, but I want more competition for players up there, 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, philpy said:

Nathan Evans off to Bonnyrigg.. 

Great move for Nathan

Definitely established himself as our no.1 forward this season which was really good to see.

If one of our players wants to better themselves by going to a club in a higher division - I wish him all the best. Great guy to speak to and to have around the club