Musselburgh Athletic FC 2020-21

3 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

The slope at Wick is miles worse than Penicuik. Similar to Ballingry but possibly a bit worse.

The games I've seen performances don't change much 1st half to 2nd half, it's more of a mindfuck for away teams who aren't used to it. It's a weird one though, sloping in 2 directions and a row of cars looking down on you from the high end.

24 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Level 2 to Level 1, and seen as only travelling through Level 3/4 without stopping presumably. Frowned upon but not ruled out. I would of thought host clubs would be trying to minimise travelling supports though.

image.png.23029d842914e44a24c2d5cf83b11d0c.png

It is the travel bit I don't get! It certainly isn't essential to travel 274 miles to watch a football match; though that ludicrous announcement that Scottish Cup matches wouldn't be allowed to be screened could have led more fans to go up. If it is a midweek match - think any away fans attending will be sparse!

The issue I would have though is being stopped by police if I was to go up.

Wick Tier 1 v Musselburgh Tier 2 - so you can travel between these two tiers. If that is East and Midlothian teams; there would be no issue. Therefore, why would it be an issue between East Lothian and the top of Scotland, if the car drove straight there without stopping in tier 3 towns/cities.  You could certainly make a noise about it, but I cannot see any wrong doing there.

There appeared to be a bit of a kafuffle, in the Musselburgh ‘players’ bubble, when a Penicuik committee member went in and lots of shouts for him to remove himself from the area.

What actually happened was a bottle was thrown onto the pitch from the Musselburgh technical area while Penicuik were celebrating their third (you can see it in the footage of the goal) which led to the Musselburgh manager being booked.

The Penicuik committee member you refer to approached the Musselburgh area to try and diffuse the situation as some shouts were exchanged between the Musselburgh technical area and Penicuik committee.

2 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

It is the travel bit I don't get! It certainly isn't essential to travel 274 miles to watch a football match; though that ludicrous announcement that Scottish Cup matches wouldn't be allowed to be screened could have led more fans to go up. If it is a midweek match - think any away fans attending will be sparse!

The issue I would have though is being stopped by police if I was to go up.

Wick Tier 1 v Musselburgh Tier 2 - so you can travel between these two tiers. If that is East and Midlothian teams; there would be no issue. Therefore, why would it be an issue between East Lothian and the top of Scotland, if the car drove straight there without stopping in tier 3 towns/cities.  You could certainly make a noise about it, but I cannot see any wrong doing there.

Opticians going to be busy the day of the game.? 

34 minutes ago, Blue White Dynamite said:

What actually happened was a bottle was thrown onto the pitch from the Musselburgh technical area while Penicuik were celebrating their third (you can see it in the footage of the goal) which led to the Musselburgh manager being booked.

The Penicuik committee member you refer to approached the Musselburgh area to try and diffuse the situation as some shouts were exchanged between the Musselburgh technical area and Penicuik committee.

The committee member will know perfectly well that you do not go into any bubble you are not assigned to, whether t was the home team’s bubble or the away team’s bubble. 

The committee member was shouted at a number of times, then proceeded to walk through the players are and approach the Musselburgh committee area, again a silly  move!

Edinburgh City played Wick about a decade ago and we actually splashed out on a hotel in Tain (a young fan wrecked a bed thinking it was a trampoline and the team bus got stuck in a ditch and had to be towed out)

I didn't make the trip but I heard the Wick hospitality was excellent and the Old Pultney flowed like water! 

Tue 15th - Musselburgh Match Postponed
Written on 14 December 2020.

Our Scottish Cup match against Musselburgh Athletic on Tuesday night the 15th December has been postponed. As per SFA protocol there was a pitch inspection this morning which failed the inspection.

The game has been re-scheduled for Saturday the 19th December.

Match day tickets that have been purchased will remain valid. If you have a ticket and cannot make the re-scheduled date please contact the club and a refund will be organised.

We were scheduled to play Clachnacuddin on Saturday so tickets which have been purchased for that game will also be valid for the re-scheduled date. Again please contact the club if you cannot manage to attend the re-scheduled match for a refund.

Weather watch looks much more promising now than at start of the week, so hopefully Saturday’s cup match between Wick and Musselburgh should go ahead. 

Another away tie, if Burgh win this match, but at least Cowdenbeath would be much closer this time. 

montheburgh 🔵⚪

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm sure a similar thing happened a few years ago with Wick, I think with Linlithgow Rose?

Correct... 2015-16.

Unplayable at Wick on Saturday 28th November, Saturday 5th December, Monday 7th, Wednesday 9th, Monday 14th.

Finally played on Wednesday 16th finished 2-2.

Replay at Linlithgow played on Tuesday 22nd (in lieu of Monday 21st) where hosts won 5-1.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Actually much worse. The first postponement was 20 minutes before kick off....the team and a good many supporters had travelled up on the Friday having been reassured by a local referee the game was under no threat. That postponement wasn’t down to the weather on the Friday night / Saturday morning.  The game was postponed a further four times I think....including one when the team bus was pretty near the Broxden roundabout. Of course when it eventually got played it ended in the inevitable draw resulting in a replay on a Tuesday .....either 22nd or 23rd December.  Wick scored in the first minute but Linlithgow won 6 1. The Wick bus left for home around 10.30pm......goodness knows what time they got back.