The SPFL Premiership 2020/2021 sack race

2020/2021 sack race  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Would rule out McInnes, Mellon, Ross, Gerrard, Davidson and Goodwin, all for a variety of reasons. Mostly I suspect they'll either perform well enough to keep their job (McInnes/Ross/Gerrard), have just been hired (Mellon), or their board will show enough faith in them that they'll see out most of the season (Davidson).

Lennon probably unlikely to leave aswell, somehow. 

Dyer or Rice for me, unless we reach halfway at which point County, if theyre struggling, might chuck Kettlewell and fire millions at a new boss and squad.

Hard to really know when there's not one side who's looking much worse than the rest.

Was originally thinking of Alex Dyer but Killie usually start off poor and start climbing.
Gary Holt is my choice, then he'll be free to pick up his guitar again. 

Since when did Kilmarnock start poor and pick up? 18 months of SSC and everyone forgets they were in the bottom six and battling the drop for years.

4 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Davidson seems out of his depth.

Based on one month in charge with 12 fit senior players.

Wild.

Gerrard, Goodwin, Ross, Kettlewell and Mellon are safe as houses.

Davidson could well be gash but St Johnstone will give him at least the January window.

Dyer, Holt, McInnes, Robinson and Rice are all under pressure and underperforming right now, but I think most of them will turn it round.

I voted Lennon, not just because of the European result, but because Rangers look genuinely strong this year and if Celtic don't twist now, the 10IAR dream could be under serious threat.

Really don't get why people are saying Gerrard is safe, not just you CS but a few others too. He's spent a fortune during his time at Ibrox and won nothing. Sure, they had a decent run in Europe, but if he starts to drift behind Celtic - especially the way Celtic were fairly easily papped out of the CL -  then I can see the Govan club's supporters getting quite antsy and we all know what a feeding frenzy that lot can turn into.

I think Covid saved Gerrard his job, it prevented it being an absolute romp for Celtic and it gave the Rangers fans a good excuse even though they all admitted the title was long gone before the shutdown.

It was always going to be the case that the only thing preventing 10 in a row for Celtic was themselves. Be interesting to see how they react from this wobble and rumours circulating of half the team wanting to leave.

I reckon Celtic are 2 bad results away from sweating bullets and binning Lennon. They will be twitchy as f**k this season and will pull the trigger at the very first sign of this season not panning out how they planned it.

Lennon has benefited massively - maybe more so than any other manager in living memory in Scottish football - from having absolute clown shoes opposition as his nearest rivals and sauntered his way to 5 league championships on the back of that with very little managerial talent.

Now, for the first time in his Celtic career, he's going against a rival that finally looks like they might just have their house in some semblance of order. He may come up trumps and rally his side but he's certainly not shown that he's up to it in my opinion.

14 hours ago, Ric said:

Really don't get why people are saying Gerrard is safe, not just you CS but a few others too. He's spent a fortune during his time at Ibrox and won nothing. Sure, they had a decent run in Europe, but if he starts to drift behind Celtic - especially the way Celtic were fairly easily papped out of the CL -  then I can see the Govan club's supporters getting quite antsy and we all know what a feeding frenzy that lot can turn into.

All that's true, but I just think, based on what I've seen of them, that they're going to really push Celtic this year. Lennon's position being shaky reinforces the importance of a bit of stability for Rangers. I think Rangers will stick, and Celtic will twist.

21 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

That's photoshopped, M8. Brian Rice's boobs are bigger in real life. 

I've spent most of the past 24 hours studying the photograph and I can't see any evidence of this "Photoshop" thing being used.

I guess Brian was simply working out more over lockdown.