Hamilton vs Rangers, 29/08

17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m not sure what he offers either - doesn’t look great but the lad Roofe puts in some shift, what a grafter. Rangers also appear to have 2 very good keepers.

Not Hagi’s best game but a run of games in that 10 position will do him and Rangers good. A lot sharper and better movement from those around him just from Hagi occupying that position. 

19 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

He’s been awful anyway, might not be a bad thing him missing a game. Hodson goes to left back and Odoffin back to right back. Let’s us go back to Want and Hamilton in a game that isn’t Celtic at park head.

Either that or a straight swap with Kyle Munro playing left back.

We decided to play the second half without a midfield and it was dreadful from us - was like watching a dobber Premiership teams like A'deen or St Mirren.

Aribo was sorely missed as no one in the middle of the park was looking like taking responsibility.

Either that or a straight swap with Kyle Munro playing left back.

Was going to edit my post accordingly. The correct idea would be my post. Rice’s idea/instruction from the higher ups will be to play Munro because ‘yoof = good’

Very worrying if a boy playing at Clydebank last season walks into our first 11 after the break.

I thought some of Rangers' play was really excellent, tbh, although they were helped by a rabble of a performance by us. You'll also struggle to find a better example of a team unable to get used to a new formation than us just after half-time - gaps everywhere.

Just get players uninjured and fit over the international break.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Was going to edit my post accordingly. The correct idea would be my post. Rice’s idea/instruction from the higher ups will be to play Munro because ‘yoof = good’

Very worrying if a boy playing at Clydebank last season walks into our first 11 after the break.

Ronan Hughes last game before starting at Celtic on the first game of the season was a 7-1 defeat in the bottom division so you never know. In fairness to Munro he did well when he came on and looked better than McMann who has looked hopelessly out of sorts since being made captain. A lot of the usual complaints about Rice playing the "yoof" but some of the senior players like Templeton, Moyo and Oggy have been so poor they can't have too many complaints if not started. 

On the positive side the centre of our defence was decent, Shaun Want continues to improve to a level above where I ever thought he would reach and although it's early days Odoffin is laying claim to the honour of being Brian Rice's first successful signing since replacing Canning.

Negatives remain the same and mostly involve our midfield. In Scott Martin we have talent wise one of the most limited players I've seen play for Accies but yet he remains our first choice in the centre of the park while Trafford was beyond poor with the only plus being he won't have the inconvenience of washing his shirt tonight. A signing is badly needed as to believe that the perma injured Will Collar is the answer would be optimistic in the extreme.

Rangers? Hard to judge as they were on cruise control from the moment their 1st goal went in (offside surely!!). Kent was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch and their striking options are significantly poorer when Morelos isn't playing.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Barker is a competition winner. Man City and now Rangers? He must be fucking unreal in training! 

He makes me wonder what Jordan Jones has done wrong (other than get a bad injury) to not be getting game time. Fit again I think. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Barker is a competition winner. Man City and now Rangers? He must be fucking unreal in training! 

The story is that he is absolutely brilliant in training, but he has issues with nerves that he has to overcome. Hence why the BCD games are a big opportunity for him - it'll be easier to sort the mental side of things out during this period.

For what it's worth, he was very good vs Killie. He's just inconsistent. Will come good some day.

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

The story is that he is absolutely brilliant in training, but he has issues with nerves that he has to overcome. Hence why the BCD 

Should try him on CBD. Nerves will go but there's a risk his workrate will too. 

The story is that he is absolutely brilliant in training, but he has issues with nerves that he has to overcome. Hence why the BCD games are a big opportunity for him - it'll be easier to sort the mental side of things out during this period.
For what it's worth, he was very good vs Killie. He's just inconsistent. Will come good some day.
"issues with nerves"

"Some day"

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Should try him on CBD. Nerves will go but there's a risk his workrate will too. 

I know you're joking, but I do wonder how seriously that kind of stuff is taken by management teams. Like, if that story is true, would we give him any kind of medication to combat that?

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

I know you're joking, but I do wonder how seriously that kind of stuff is taken by management teams. Like, if that story is true, would we give him any kind of medication to combat that?

It's perfectly legal I think. The difficulty would be the dosage and how often you'd reckon. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It's perfectly legal I think. The difficulty would be the dosage and how often you'd reckon. 

Aye. Sports medical teams these days are obviously very good at working out and treating physical issues, but I do wonder if there are gains to be had by smart teams who can see when a player has a mental issue like that and work out how to treat it properly.

Edited by G51