Hamilton vs Rangers, 29/08

5 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I think we could drop one of Jack and Kamara and have Aribo playing centre mid slightly in front.

Kamara if I had to choose.

Aribo not making it this weekend according to Gerrards press conference this morning, so we won't have the option anyways

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Davis is done in my opinion. He came in against Kilmarnock and I felt he was way off it and I honestly cannot fathom how he ended up in Kris Boyd's team of the week as I felt he was the worst player in a Rangers jersey. Even Jack regressed with Davis playing beside him and there were gaps all over the place.

Until we bring in another midfielder, I've reluctantly accepted that Jack and Kamara are the best pairing we have for the two holders.

Hagi needed dropped against Kilmarnock as his form has been poor and I think reinstating him to the starting line up straight away after one game would be the wrong decision. It's not perfect but I think it is the best we've got for the time being.

I don’t think two holding midfielders are required. I agree with you with regards to Davis being past his best but I don’t think two holding midfielders are required and until such time a proper box-to-box cm is signed, Davis or Arfield are the obvious options. Hagi for me has been posted on the right of the front three mostly, and unlike Kent he doesn’t have the change of pace to play the role effectively. For me, to get the best out of Hagi he needs to play as a no10 behind the central striker. 

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

We shouldn't be playing with two holding midfielders against sides that are sitting on their own 18 yard line.

Exactly this and hence why a more forward-minded midfielder such as Davis or Arfield would be beneficial in the current set up to bolster the numbers of players going forward when Rangers are attacking. With none of the central strikers being that ‘false 9’ type player who draws opposition players out and brings his wide players in, too often there’s a big gap between the central striker and midfield. This makes it easy for teams to sit deep in their own half forcing Kent/Hagi/Aribo out to the touchline to find space leaving Rangers reliant mainly on the full backs putting crosses into the usually outnumbered  and out-jumped lone striker in the box.

10 hours ago, G51 said:

Accies fans don't even believe in their own voodoo magic anymore, sad.

There was no 'voodoo magic' ever. Despite Ranjurz da's moaning about the plastic pitch I don't think they've failed to beat us at NDP since they came back up. 

4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

There was no 'voodoo magic' ever. Despite Ranjurz da's moaning about the plastic pitch I don't think they've failed to beat us at NDP since they came back up. 

do accies fans genuinely believe that they stayed up the last few seasons because of the quality of their football team and not because of witchcraft

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

do accies fans genuinely believe that they stayed up the last few seasons because of the quality of their football team and not because of witchcraft

Yes.  Because, unlike some, Accies fans aren't stuck in the 17th Century

1 hour ago, G51 said:

not surprised, after all that was the century of the salem witch trials

It was also the century of the Battle of the Boyne, which for reasons unfathomable to anyone else in the world seems to be extremely important to Rangers fans and to which Helpma was referring

But I suspect you already knew this, you rascal

32 minutes ago, bennett said:

Morelos on the bench and Itten fails to get into the team, pretty much as expected. 

EgmPxC8XsAMvG2X?format=jpg&name=medium

Itten has a calf injury, apparently.  

Happy to see a change from the Jackamara axis of evil.  Hopefully Davis is allowed to push forward a bit and hopefully create something for the forwards.