Hamilton vs Rangers, 29/08

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve no idea why nobody on Sky or Sportscene has picked up that Hagi was offside at the point where Roffe headed the ball against the bar. Stop the picture at the very point the ball is headed and he is a few feet off. First goal should have been disallowed.

^^^THIS^^^

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Hagi looked well onside from the angle I saw

Watch the side on replay and freeze the picture when Roffe heads it. Two players clearly offside one of whom is Hagi. Totally ignored by all of the TV coverage.

Edited by kingjoey

17 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Was going to edit my post accordingly. The correct idea would be my post. Rice’s idea/instruction from the higher ups will be to play Munro because ‘yoof = good’

Very worrying if a boy playing at Clydebank last season walks into our first 11 after the break.

He played a full season at Clydebank as a 17 year old which would 'toughen' him up and has been outstanding in the reserves/under 21's so nothing to lose playing him when the game was lost.

on the same vein, young Tunde should have been given a run out instead of Moyo -the worst of all our strikers.

The game was lost and we would have learned more giving him some minutes under his belt than watching Moyo run around like a headless chicken and miss a chance Tunde may have scored.

None of our strikers have scored this season and the least the boy deserves is a chance from the bench.The boy  will be losing confidence not getting even a sniff of a chance-especially after scoring a good goal against Motherwell reserves.

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

He played a full season at Clydebank as a 17 year old which would 'toughen' him up and has been outstanding in the reserves/under 21's so nothing to lose playing him when the game was lost.

on the same vein, young Tunde should have been given a run out instead of Moyo -the worst of all our strikers.

The game was lost and we would have learned more giving him some minutes under his belt than watching Moyo run around like a headless chicken and miss a chance Tunde may have scored.

None of our strikers have scored this season and the least the boy deserves is a chance from the bench.The boy  will be losing confidence not getting even a sniff of a chance-especially after scoring a good goal against Motherwell reserves.

I wasn't expecting much, considering the massive gap in finances available to both teams, it seemed to me however Rice was determined to put out a REALLY inexperienced team so he would have the "learning experience" excuse. Some really unimpressive performances from Callachan and Trafford. Mcmann as captain picking up a silly yellow with ten minutes gone shows he's maybe not possessing the football intelligence yet to lead this team. Why we didn't play a 5-4-1- or 4-5-1 befuddled me. Winter on the left was absolutely pointless, with Mimmnaugh also running around like a headless chicken. 
Both Oggy and Moyo seem to not be able to create chances from nothing either, why Tunde isn't given the chance yesterday I don't know.

Rangers high line provides good attackng football, they also swarm when they lose possession, which Accies weren't able to cope with. 

Just catching up with things and a few thoughts on the match:

Kent is starting to show why we paid a considerable fee for him. A few moments of real class against Hamilton and he was unlucky not to grab a couple of assists. His attitude is also excellent despite transfer gossip (take note Alfie!) and his performances have continued to be strong.

I’ll be happier when Aribo returns to fitness but we never looked in any real danger of not taking maximum points yesterday.

The defence have been perfect thus far, conceding next to no chances and giving us the perfect foundation to win games.

If I had one criticism, I’d like us to be more clinical with our chances but I feel (hope) that will come as we settle our new forward options.

Edited by AJF