Celtic V Motherwell (David Turnbull Testimonial Game)

I think folk have went a bit OTT after last night. We were matched, and even bettered at times, by fucking Glentoran for an hour.  Only when they went down to 10 and got clearly knackered did we use our superior fitness to rack the goals up. 

I've got the fear about this game and think we'll suffer a bit of a backlash. 5-0 Celtic. 

1 hour ago, Desp said:

I think folk have went a bit OTT after last night. We were matched, and even bettered at times, by fucking Glentoran for an hour.  Only when they went down to 10 and got clearly knackered did we use our superior fitness to rack the goals up. 

I've got the fear about this game and think we'll suffer a bit of a backlash. 5-0 Celtic. 

Yep - I thought we looked really fragile last night and some players looked drained of confidence and the last period of the game, entertaining as it was, doesn't tell us very much. If Glentoran had scored first, I think we were fucked.  

That said, there were a few bright spots (Long was decent, as was Polworth I thought) and there is at least something to build on - it's just a pity we have Celtic straight after...

As others have said, until Glentoran went a man down and tired last night we were unconvincing to say the least. If Carson didn't pull off that save in the first half it could have been a very different outcome. Robinson in his post match, and some of the players on the socials saying it was a good performance are being a bit generous to themselves, barring the last 20 minutes obviously. We still seem well away from performing to the level the squad has the potential to. 

Glen's were an average Championship level team at best and gave us problems, with our back line shaky on more than one occasion and Grimshaw having a bit of a 'mare again, so it's going to be a very tough afternoon as usual on Sunday. Can't see us taking anything from the game, and just hope it's not a trouncing. 

Will still stick my usual tenner on us in hope rather than expectation though, and pray that DT has some compassion and doesn't do us too much damage if he plays. 

Comfortable home win imo. 

What is the reason for the TV blackout, is there some marketing issue that I am missing? Do Celtic fans have a route to watch it? Or do Celtic just not have the infrastructure to broadcast domestically?
Like (I think) every other team in the premier, Celtic will broadcast to Celtic season ticket holders and those overseas with a Celtic TV subscription. The sky game today is Hibs v The sheep.

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:
8 minutes ago, ropy said:
What is the reason for the TV blackout, is there some marketing issue that I am missing? Do Celtic fans have a route to watch it? Or do Celtic just not have the infrastructure to broadcast domestically?

Like (I think) every other team in the premier, Celtic will broadcast to Celtic season ticket holders and those overseas with a Celtic TV subscription. The sky game today is Hibs v The sheep.

But clubs that are broadcasting to their season ticket holders are also offering PPV to away fans, but not Celtic?

10 minutes ago, Romeo said:
14 minutes ago, ropy said:

Celtic have confirmed that the virtual platform this game is on is only available to season ticket holders and fans overseas. It doesn’t sound like an infrastructure issue, it sounds the marketing department have set it up this way.

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Celtic have confirmed that the virtual platform this game is on is only available to season ticket holders and fans overseas. It doesn’t sound like an infrastructure issue, it sounds the marketing department have set it up this way.

Yes, I was trying to work out why, is there a benefit that I am missing?

On 28/08/2020 at 11:08, wastecoatwilly said:

Motherwell didn't need Turnbull to finish 3rd last season so it's better to get rid,bit of a concern the chairman didn't mention buying players with the dosh.

Tinpot sofa fan attitude

25 minutes ago, ropy said:

I reckon it's because the ST are forking out about £28 a game to watch it on the internet with no other additives to their season ticket other than keeping their seat.

Maybe they don't want the backlash of selling it at £28 a game or the backlash from ST holders for doing them out of cash?

Fook knows though.

I am pretty sure we usually get celtic after a poor Euro result and they spank us for fun.

Any dodgy link I can watch on my phone?

49 minutes ago, ropy said:

Now that the ECL money is gone,  Uncle Peter is flogging the stream on the dark web in lieu of his usual shooting fish in a barrel bonus. Willy will be along soon to point out that those fish can swim as much as a fish being paid 50 times what they are & if they want it more then they could avoid the bullets.

35 minutes ago, ropy said:

They will have looked at forecast income streams for PPV for a game at 3pm on a Sunday where the opponents are 22-1 and maybe just decided it’s not a worthwhile investment ?

There is also the cost issue vs Season Ticket holders. An average season ticket is probably around £500 so to treat customers fairly you are talking about £25 for Well and non season tickets holders for Celtic. How many would pay that ?