Celtic V Motherwell (David Turnbull Testimonial Game)

The Champions League is shite anyway.

Back in action at home and I reckon Celtic will put on a display of football that will be noticed around the world.

Time to go 3-5-2 from the start and actually play a couple of strikers.

2-0 The 9 in a row champions.

Edited by Romeo

He’ll drop three of our best players and claim they’re the reason we lost last night.

1-0 Celtic in an absolutely shambolic game that leaves sensible folk questioning our ability to deliver the league, but the faithful through and through brigade will say “told you so” and back Lennon to the hilt.

Genuinely scunnered and half expecting  Motherwell to get something from this. 

I have the fear for this one in that both teams will be going into it off the back of rotten results in Europe.

Lennon chose to go with no strikers last night but we've basically played with no strikers this season given none of them can score. For that reason I'm not at all confident.

3-0 Celtic and our miserable run of form to continue.

4 hours ago, Romeo said:

The Champions League is shite anyway.

Back in action at home and I reckon Celtic will put on a display of football that will be noticed around the world.

Time to go 3-5-2 from the start and actually play a couple of strikers.

2-0 The 9 in a row champions.

Need the name changed to Turnbull's testimonial. 

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Motherwell didn't need Turnbull to finish 3rd last season so it's better to get rid,bit of a concern the chairman didn't mention buying players with the dosh.

I'd probably be more concerned if the chairman was saying we're going to go spunking millions around the transfer market. Makes more sense to invest it in the club and carry on with the current model of developing players. 

Not that I'm ITK but that must make it well over £5 million Robinson's brought in in transfer fees since he took over which is unheard of. All the while we've probably paid a couple of nominal fees for players coming in. Probably one for the font of knowledge that is @capt_oats to confirm, though. 

FWIW Turnbull is 100% scoring  at the weekend. Book it now. 

6 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I'd probably be more concerned if the chairman was saying we're going to go spunking millions around the transfer market. Makes more sense to invest it in the club and carry on with the current model of developing players. 

Not that I'm ITK but that must make it well over £5 million Robinson's brought in in transfer fees since he took over which is unheard of. All the while we've probably paid a couple of nominal fees for players coming in. Probably one for the font of knowledge that is @capt_oats to confirm, though. 

FWIW Turnbull is 100% scoring  at the weekend. Book it now. 

I agree Robinson has done a great job even thou the results haven't been great this year,every time a player comes from motherwell to Celtic they do well (no pun intended).

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I agree Robinson has done a great job even thou the results haven't been great this year,every time a player comes from motherwell to Celtic they do well (no pun intended).

I'm assuming we've got a sell on clause so I'd be alright if Turnbull ends the season on about 20 goals and a boatload of assists so we can chuck some more cash on to the fucking huge pile of it we've got in Burrows' office.