Livingston Football Club versus Ross County Football Club

7 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

It was as clear a yellow card as you'll see.

As I said, I've not seen it. 

I'm just repeating what has been discussed on sportsound  after match discussion and I hadn't noticed anyone else mention it within the thread.  As  you've seen it, do you think it was it clear to the referee that he tripped/stubbed his toe?

I'll try to watch the highlights later.

I'm just repeating what has been discussed on sportsound  after match discussion and I hadn't noticed anyone else mention it within the thread.  As  you've seen it, do you think it was it clear to the referee that he tripped/stubbed his toe?
I don't think he's tripped...it's accidental but he's clipped Devlin's heel while taking a stride...Devlin was getting away from him and bursting into the box as sure a yellow as you'll ever see

To me it looked like a defender getting done, then doing the "oh it was an accident" routine. I'd need to see it again to confirm it but it looked clear to me.

4 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Not seen it yet but on the radio they're saying that he stubbed his toe then fell over, harsh to be booked if that is the case.

Go on, blame the pitch, say he stubbed his toe on a black pellet. Well they got the bit about him falling over right at least, after he got tripped.

Our goal seems to be more contentious, that's what Kettlewell got a red card for, complaining to the officials about not getting a foul on Stewart, saying it was the exact same as the foul Guthrie got when Stewart climbed up on his shoulders. It wasn't, and they had a close look comparing the two on Sportscene.

Fine header by Guthrie too, giving Laidlaw no chance. 

34 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Go on, blame the pitch, say he stubbed his toe on a black pellet. Well they got the bit about him falling over right at least, after he got tripped.

Our goal seems to be more contentious, that's what Kettlewell got a red card for, complaining to the officials about not getting a foul on Stewart, saying it was the exact same as the foul Guthrie got when Stewart climbed up on his shoulders. It wasn't, and they had a close look comparing the two on Sportscene.

Fine header by Guthrie too, giving Laidlaw no chance. 

He got himself bitching at an attacker wanting a header more than two defenders? That's pish if it's the case. Stewart and Iacovitti (I think) shitebagged that one aerial challenge. Which is a shame, as for most of the aerial stuff we coped fairly well.

5 hours ago, Comrie said:

To me it looked like a defender getting done, then doing the "oh it was an accident" routine. I'd need to see it again to confirm it but it looked clear to me.

This is more or less how I'd explain it. He didn't go out of his way to foul Devlin, just committed himself to a challenge, Devlin knocks the ball past him and in his stride Tremarco clips his heel. Yellow card the right decision.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Go on, blame the pitch...

Why, what was wrong with the pitch?  I haven't heard anyone else talk about the pitch, even when on horrendous pitches in the dead of winter, I always feel that it's the same for both sides so hardly an advantage to either side.

On the match review on the radio, all of the panel were quite adamant that Tremarco stubbed his toe before falling into the winger. None of the panel mentioned the pitch, was there something up with it yesterday?

As for the goal, in Kettlewell's radio interview he said his gripe was that the ref blew for a foul on Guthrie by Stewart in the the first half, same way that Guthrie fouled Stewart for the goal.  The ref wouldn't entertain any discussion and dismissed our manager in what was described as an insulting manner.  Kets apologised for his reaction to being told to get lost but said he deserved to ask why the foul wasn't given.

Quite a boring  game this,Second half did pick up with few chances, certainly a game to forget,Livi controlled the game especially second half.Just as well they have defenders and some midfielders that chip in with goals, the defence and midfield looked good,but County didn't compete in the midfield.  

McCrorie  6/10  Little to do,did come out quick to clear any danger

Devlin   6/10  Better second half,first half some poor crosses.

Ambrose  7/10  Little to do defensively,calm,good passing,quick burst of speed,always in the game

Guthrie  7/10  Good enough game, never tested defensively,scored a goal

Serrano  7/10  Played well,can pick a pass,very accurate 

Bartley  6/10  Played well, always in the game,helped by a poor County midfield.

Sibbald  6/10  Impressive in first half,good passing,after the head knock it seemed to effect his play

Robinson 5/10  Not great first half, got more of the ball second half.

Pittman  5/10  Never seen him first half,got more into the game in the later stages,not one of his best performances .

Forrest  6/10  First half was was rather quiet,good plenty running at defence in second half,sometimes needs  to release  the ball quicker 

Lokotsch 6/10  Got himself in the mix,hard to judge from 1 game,his reactions could be quicker

Holt     6/10  Got himself  into the game straight away, surprisingly going forward

Tiffoney       On for last nine minutes,spent his time fouling,being fouled,or hand ball against him.

Formation 4-1-4-1 ???

Holt's  player choice seemed to work well for that game,the players willingness to get into the game was spot on today.The question I ask is who will be the first striker to score

2 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Why, what was wrong with the pitch?  I haven't heard anyone else talk about the pitch, even when on horrendous pitches in the dead of winter, I always feel that it's the same for both sides so hardly an advantage to either side.

On the match review on the radio, all of the panel were quite adamant that Tremarco stubbed his toe before falling into the winger. None of the panel mentioned the pitch, was there something up with it yesterday?

As for the goal, in Kettlewell's radio interview he said his gripe was that the ref blew for a foul on Guthrie by Stewart in the the first half, same way that Guthrie fouled Stewart for the goal.  The ref wouldn't entertain any discussion and dismissed our manager in what was described as an insulting manner.  Kets apologised for his reaction to being told to get lost but said he deserved to ask why the foul wasn't given.

Devlin outpaces him and it looks like he tries to pull up so as not to foul him,  but clips Devlin's heel.

Yeah I know what Kettlewell said, he's talking nonsense though, wasn't the same as Stewarts foul on Guthrie, Ref got it right.

12 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Unless I'm mistaken, you'll have seen the footage by now.

I've been awfully busy so I'm relying upon you for a honest appraisal of the two Tremarco bookings and the circumstances surrounding the managerial dismissal...

I've been awfully busy so I'm relying upon you for a honest appraisal of the two Tremarco bookings and the circumstances surrounding the managerial dismissal...

They’re both stone wall bookings. First one is extremely frustrating because Laidlaw throws him the ball when he is never on for it and he ends up having to take the foul and, consequently, gets booked.

For the second one, I understand what people are on about that he has stubbed his toe off the ground and it’s hard to argue he hasn’t going off the replays, but he’s still taken the boy (I think Devlin?) down and it’s another stone wall booking.

As for Ketts, he’s got no leg to stand on. He’s basically frustrated at the ref because in the first half Stewart gave away a cheap foul from a corner for blatantly pushing Guthrie in the back to gain an advantage and argues that Guthrie did the same for the goal and no foul was given. Ultimately he was clutching at straws because it was two completely different situations; Stewart’s was a blatant foul and Guthrie’s wasn’t.

Don’t understand why he can’t just suck it up and admit he got his tactics wrong. Going down to Livi and playing 5 at the back when the 4231 has worked so well was extremely strange anyway. Yes they scored off a corner but they had numerous chances from open play and could’ve had 2/3 goals on another day.

However, can’t complain as we’re still 5th and there is a platform to work with - I’m just worried the players are believing in their league position too much because, for me anyway, our league position does not reflect our performances for our opening 6 matches.

10 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

They’re both stone wall bookings. First one is extremely frustrating because Laidlaw throws him the ball when he is never on for it and he ends up having to take the foul and, consequently, gets booked.

For the second one, I understand what people are on about that he has stubbed his toe off the ground and it’s hard to argue he hasn’t going off the replays, but he’s still taken the boy (I think Devlin?) down and it’s another stone wall booking.

As for Ketts, he’s got no leg to stand on. He’s basically frustrated at the ref because in the first half Stewart gave away a cheap foul from a corner for blatantly pushing Guthrie in the back to gain an advantage and argues that Guthrie did the same for the goal and no foul was given. Ultimately he was clutching at straws because it was two completely different situations; Stewart’s was a blatant foul and Guthrie’s wasn’t.

Don’t understand why he can’t just suck it up and admit he got his tactics wrong. Going down to Livi and playing 5 at the back when the 4231 has worked so well was extremely strange anyway. Yes they scored off a corner but they had numerous chances from open play and could’ve had 2/3 goals on another day.

However, can’t complain as we’re still 5th and there is a platform to work with - I’m just worried the players are believing in their league position too much because, for me anyway, our league position does not reflect our performances for our opening 6 matches.

This is pretty much me over the weekend.

The formation was wrong, we played like shite, the goal was fair and we have nothing to complain about. I've had several arguments over how we were cheated and it's like...how?

20 minutes ago, sophia said:

Not made it home I'm afraid, it'll be the A9 north tomorrow morning instead. I've only been going on the limited ramblings of the sportsound presenters, who seemed to make it out that the second yellow was harsh due to a trip. Going by the concensus of those who have seen what occurred, I am far more likely to believe fellow p&b posters than the bbc. Even Kets in his after match interview said that he had no issue with the sending off. 

Not a great game of football by any means but I'd take issue with others that have described Ross County as a dirty team; yes; they could be physical but  most of the fouls seemed to be concentrating on breaking up play and trying to stop us playing, if the positions had been reversed I'd expect our boys to do the same, but there wasn't really one bad foul in the entire game.

Two things though; the way Ross County almost relinquished control of the midfield; allowing us to pass the ball around, almost at will, for significant periods of the game and how toothless they were up front. This isn't a Ross County I'm used to seeing; particularly one with Stewart in the line-up.

All this aside I thought County defended well and troubled us in converting possession into real chances (where have I heard that one before)?  for most of the time it was difficult to recognise Donaldson as the young lad who played for us (and managed to get himself sent off for heading the ball in the penalty area - against QoS?) and then he would put in a now fairly rare clumsy tackle and it all comes flooding back. Seems to have grown up a lot on his travels.

Finally though - cant the County fans club together and collect enough money to pay for the other half of Kettlewell's haircut?

7 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Thank you ever so much for that full and honest appraisal of the actulité

I hesitate to lower the tone, but I feel I must turn to matters of a hirsute nature.

I believe that Kettlewell's closely trimmed triangle atop his forehead is a Freudian declaration.