St Johnstone v St Mirren 29/8

FFS, do I have to do everything myself? 🙄

Perth, a town with a tiny population, the vast majority of them tory voting farmer types, prefers rugby to football. It's just not a footballing town. The attendances play this out with an embarrassing few bothering to file into their decrepit stadium, the only time it's full is when they hock themselves out to the old firm or a bunch of god botherers turn up to drown themselves in the name of Jesus. It's so bad that their sugar daddy actively begged the council to allow him to demolish a stand just to stop the embarrassing sight of it being so empty. The council said no because, just like those who live in Perth, they don't care about the club.

Their current position within the top flight is unmerited and are more traditionally a 2nd and 3rd tier club, unlike the team they are hosting. Lucking out with Wright, their days of shamefully enjoying the undeserved limelight is soon to be ended with the disastrous appointment of a man wholly incapable of turning the downward trend. Davidson at this point has not only engendered ire from from the fanbase, he has just the one win to his name, a fluke result from the opposition going down to 10 men.

It would be funny if it wasn't all just so embarrassing for them.

https://www.costumepop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/DSCN3921-600x450.jpg

Edited by Ric

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Looking forward to watching Morten Gamst Pederson shuffle up at McDairmid tomorrow. :lol: 

90th minute free kick from 30 yards.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

90th minute free kick from 30 yards.

If thats to happen he's definitely not starting the game anyway 🤣

and if hes not signing then no one in our team is scoring a free kick all season never mind in the 90th min. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

If thats to happen he's definitely not starting the game anyway 🤣

and if hes not signing then no one in our team is scoring a free kick all season never mind in the 90th min. 

Scenes.

Wait, is Pederson an actual thing? Seriously?

I mean.. I suppose. It makes sense, it's very much their level. A 38yo who has struggled in the Norwegian 3rd tier and famous for blatant cheating. That is the barrel being scrapped.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Wait, is Pederson an actual thing? Seriously?

I mean.. I suppose. It makes sense, it's very much their level. A 38yo who has struggled in the Norwegian 3rd tier and famous for blatant cheating. That is the barrel being scrapped.

Quoting this so you can't delete it after he bags his 5th goal from a free kick tomorrow.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Quoting this so you can't delete it after he bags his 5th goal from a free kick tomorrow.

Please do, at the same time, I'll go hunting for the comments you made about Craig Gordon being absolutely passed it because of his age. What age is Gordon again?

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Please do, at the same time, I'll go hunting for the comments you made about Craig Gordon being absolutely passed it because of his age. What age is Gordon again?

Pederson was playing in the Norwegian top flight last season.

Gordon has spent the past 2 years sitting in the stands.

One of them will ping in 40 yard free kicks past your goalkeeper *checks notes" Zak Alwick.

The other will spend all season injured.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

You mean when he scored one goal all season, and wasn't given a new contract because his legs had gone, only to rock up at 3rd tier Alta?

Brilliant stuff though, I love seeing clubs desperately hit the panic button. :D

1 minute ago, Ric said:

You mean when he scored one goal all season, and wasn't given a new contract because his legs had gone, only to rock up at 3rd tier Alta?

Brilliant stuff though, I love seeing clubs desperately hit the panic button. :D

If you've gone through the effort to research that Ric, then you're doing this wrong.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW, asked a Norwegian boy who writes blogs about football, and he reckons Pederson was miles out his depth in the Norwegian top flight last season, and was forced to drop into the 3rd tier to look capable again...

Ooft.

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

More chance of St Mirren finishing above St Johnstone than Pederson signing as a player for Saints ffs. 

Now being reported in The Herald... 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you've gone through the effort to research that Ric, then you're doing this wrong.

From the forum's resident cherry picker and history revisionist, I take that as a compliment.. ;)

FFS, do I have to do everything myself? [emoji849]
Perth, a town with a tiny population, the vast majority of them tory voting farmer types, prefers rugby to football. It's just not a footballing town. The attendances play this out with an embarrassing few bothering to file into their decrepit stadium, the only time it's full is when they hock themselves out to the old firm or a bunch of god botherers turn up to drown themselves in the name of Jesus. It's so bad that their sugar daddy actively begged the council to allow him to demolish a stand just to stop the embarrassing sight of it being so empty. The council said no because, just like those who live in Perth, they don't care about the club.
Their current position within the top flight is unmerited and are more traditionally a 2nd and 3rd tier club, unlike the team they are hosting. Lucking out with Wright, their days of shamefully enjoying the undeserved limelight is soon to be ended with the disastrous appointment of a man wholly incapable of turning the downward trend. Davidson at this point has not only engendered ire from from the fanbase, he has just the one win to his name, a fluke result from the opposition going down to 10 men.
It would be funny if it wasn't all just so embarrassing for them.

DSCN3921-600x450.jpg&key=ec6150302a590e6bffe3a51c7a94294ce855c79bd81c2dc2f24eb164897b4e77

Well, the last time we went down, we signed aging players and had a habit of beating Kilmarnock.

Get your loose silver, your hostel bed and your dirty needles on The Perth Relegation Express.