St Johnstone v St Mirren 29/8

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

Another miserable night in his St Mirren pyjamas playing football manager for the resident homophobe. Glorious stuff. 

Virgin Ton wannabe on his predictable high horse as usual. All that's missing is a Tory accusation😀

12 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Terrible performance from us today only pass marks for Alnwick and tait. Set up pretty attacking but the players just didn’t perform at all. Started decent keeping possession till McCarthy got caught a few times then from there st Johnstone completely dominated the game. Deserved nothing from that game.

Playing shite winning. Sign of champions IMO.

8 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Ffs Paisley, it was a nothing league game that we cruised to victory in. No big deal.

Going by the pre-match comments and post-match angst, we really have become your cup final.

I get the feeling its probably the other way round. 

We need more defensive cover. Putting Foley into defence weakens the midfield too much. If he doesn't trust Baird we need another CB.  

Another shit performance and result in Perth. We'll finally win their some day. 

Edited by flyingscot

3 hours ago, Radford said:

Was a lot to like about St Mirren last season when we played them but they were very much set up to stop the opposition. Outside of Celtic, I doubt there was a harder working team in the league. 

Quick, sharp, accurate passing and they just couldn't live with us today though. A performance that will hopefully give everyone a good shot of confidence. 

A fair comment. 

In all honesty and it feels daft to say given how far we were pinned back but we actually set up far too attacking. 

Had we committed more folk behind the ball, we may have had a chance of getting a foothold in terms of possession. 

Instead we were top heavy with not enough people further back to win and retain possession. Was shambolic all round. 

Watching the goal back, and Mays movement is class. Purposely slows down, allows the CB to drift away and start ball watching, then makes a perfectly timed burst of speed to tap in.

MOH and Hendry have qualities, but I don't think either are out and out goalscorers (as ridiculous as that sounds with Hendrys goal record). Hendry will probably get there, but he doesn't seem to time runs like that yet.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

MOH and Hendry have qualities, but I don't think either are out and out goalscorers (as ridiculous as that sounds with Hendrys goal record). Hendry will probably get there, but he doesn't seem to time runs like that yet.

0 in 6 is the only goal record Hendry should be looking at. Throw in 0 assists and I'd even be throwing Chris Kane on before him.

Utterly dominant from SJFC. The Paisley Saints look to be a pale shade of the team they were last season.

Some really lovely football today and it's just a shame that we can't finish.

On the one hand we look dangerous and capable of pulling defences all over the place and on the other we look like we're constantly trying to find ways to not actually score.

8 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

The Paisley Saints look to be a pale shade of the team they were last season.

I'd say we looked to be a pale shade of what we were just a week ago! No idea what Goodwin was thinking but it was not a pretty watch to say the least.

However, it's cute that the farmers lift their game when the big teams come calling.. ;)