St Johnstone v St Mirren 29/8

2 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Good win, St Mirren lucky their goal difference hasn't been hammered

Considering the line up and tactics played by Goodwin, I'd go so far as to suggest only scoring one goal was an abject failure for you lot. I'd be worried if I was a St Johnstone fan, tbh.

Edited by Ric

Well deserved and should have won by more. Shows how far ahead of some of the dross of the league we are and there is no danger of us struggling at the bottom.

Danny Mc and Kerr the pick of our players and Conway, to me, seems very close to clicking and coming good

Obviously pleased that Parrish has broken the curse...

Good 3 points, thoroughly deserved.

Danny Mac, McCart, McCann and Conway second half the stand outs, but a good solid team performance. 

Should have won by more, but a clean sheet is welcome.

St mirren giving us realistic practice for the betFred group matches against Kelty and Peterhead. No offence to those teams.

Well done to the Perth Saints, well deserved win. Should have been more. Looks like another 30 years living under your boots is upon us 😩

Goodwin has got to take responsibility for that shambles in the first half. We didn't settle into the game till after 50 minutes.

Very bad day at the office. 

St. Johnstone played well, thoroughly deserved their win and they should've given us a doing. But christ were we rubbish. 80 mins before we managed a shot. The amount of times we gave the ball away was embarrassing. Aimless punts up the park, conceding possession and inviting St Johnstone to attack again. Poor passing and no players that could beat their man. 

Goodwin changed the formation 10 mins before half time, then 5 mins after half time changed it back. Baffling. 

2 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:St Johnstone we're dreadful but we were dreadfuller.

Please don’t bring us down to your level. We played fine, and looked like a team several divisions above that dross that you lads had playing for you today.

I’m guessing most of your first team squad are out injured just now??

Goodwin has got to take responsibility for that shambles in the first half. We didn't settle into the game till after 50 minutes.
Very bad day at the office. 

He bloody better because that was absolutely his fault. 3 points thrown away by tombola tactics.

As comfortable a 1-0 as you’ll see. Excellent performance from our point of view - St Mirren didn’t lay a glove on us. If we could finish we’d have won by 4 or 5, thank goodness May brought his shooting boots with him. 

McNamara looks a really terrific player and that’s the first time I’ve really seen what Conway could bring to the team. Quite funny that, for all the brilliant build up play on the right, the goal came from a cross from the left. I think Wotherspoon and McCann worked better in the midfield two than McCann and Craig as well. 

I think the only disappointment for me today was Hendry. He looks really out of sorts in this shape

Edited by Kyle

Pleasing performance today. Crisp passing, sharp movement, but a lack of end product. Stevie must start next week. Fair play to Conway who caused St Mirren a lot of problems with his directness, drew a number of fouls and ultimately provided the all-important assist. McNamara seems to be getting better every week and this shape allows Jason Kerr to be the best version of himself. Callum Davidson may need to show more of a willingness to switch things up against better opposition, however.

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

Considering the line up and tactics played by Goodwin, I'd go so far as to suggest only scoring one goal was an abject failure for you lot. I'd be worried if I was a St Johnstone fan, tbh.

Turn defeat into a trolling St. Johnstone session...I like it! True, as well. :)

Back to playing bottom half sides, back to winning.

Don't think theres a coincidence that the first time we have two strikers on the park at the same time, we finally see someone get on the end of one of the dangerous crosses tbh. Makes a hell of a change bringing Davidson, May and Kane off the bench rather than Olaofe aswell...

St Mirren really poor, set up to stunt teams so have no answer when you can break them down. Shame your manager has built your side to "compete" rather than to win...

Edited by RandomGuy.