St Johnstone v St Mirren 29/8

2 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Feel sorry for McAllister, Goodwin needlessly fucking about with the team & he becomes scapegoat. Still needlessly going defensive instead of sticking Morias up with Obika.

Tbf Jason Kerr bombing forward is a hard one to mark.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Shot on target put over by hitting his hand? Penalty all day long.

Short of tackling with his hands by his side, nothing the player can do. The guy has hit a hard shot literally a foot from him and its even debatable if it hit his arm or shoulder. 

We’ve been dreadful, not sure what Goodwin’s up to with that starting formation and McAllister getting hooked so early on. We have to stick with two up front and get McGrath on the ball further up the park. Sheron looks very limited from what I’ve seen of him so far.

St Johnstone playing well but with terrible finishing so far, MacNamara and Conway both look dangerous.

Never a penalty.

Not sure how that half finished 0-0.  We've deserved nothing so far and have been riding our luck.  Middle of the pitch has been owned by the Fakes.  Especially on our left side.  Since Cammy came on We've looked a bit more professional.  Alnwick making some big saves.  Not looking solid with 3 at the back.

Goodwin will sort this at half time and I think we'll be okay.  Big Obika needs some service.  Can see Morais getting hooked at HT.  

The only positive is that its still 0-0. Could be 3-0. 

Not convinced that's a penalty but I wouldn't have been surprised had it been given. 

McAllister was anonymous, although I think that was more down to our shape rather than his performance. Durmus and McGrath haven't been in the game either. In fact other than a couple of tackles by Sheron and a couple of blocks by the defence none of our players have done anything of note. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Short of tackling with his hands by his side, nothing the player can do. The guy has hit a hard shot literally a foot from him and its even debatable if it hit his arm or shoulder. 

It looks to me like his hand goes towards the ball, not just the natural slide tackling motion.

That said, it's so short distance and such power I don't see how he could have judged a save. I'm on the fence and just think it should be a pen after we lost one earlier in season. 

I think he's tried to artificially make himself bigger including arms in order to block, and it happened to hit where his arm was. More a pen than not