St Johnstone v St Mirren 29/8

24 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Ya beauty Durmus starts. Sad to see Cammy on the bench but that's a positive line up. Simple 4-4-2 by the look of it. Screenshot_20200829-134729_Twitter.thumb.jpeg.fd080a8879935d7bee8c11601782c1dc.jpeg

Is Macpherson carrying a knock? I'm surprised he's not been as involved as I think he's arguably our best midfielder. 

4 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Assuming we’re playing a diamond in midfield.

Sheron/Foley

McAllister - Durmus

McGrath

Then you'll absolutely murder us.

Looks like we'll be playing McCann in Central midfield on his own.

You’ll definitely get chances. All our games (bar Rangers) have been back and forth, end to end. We’re arguably only playing one centre mid as well.

On 26/08/2020 at 09:38, Coventry Saint said:

Wildcard 'we're fucking going for it' front six that we'd all love to see but 100% won't be happening because it'd be suicidal':

Connolly - MacPherson - McGrath - Durmus

------------- Dennis - Obika --------------------

Fucking hell, I really wasn't a million miles away here: three wrong, but they are all like-for-like in terms of attacking intent/setup.

That is one hell of a forward-thinking lineup. I hope we don't regret it.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Big problem for us has been ball retention. Especially when we have been under the cosh. We will probably just go long, especially if StJohnstone are going to press us high.

5 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Big problem for us has been ball retention. Especially when we have been under the cosh. We will probably just go long, especially if StJohnstone are going to press us high.

Direct, if not 'long'. We'll be very counter-attacking.

I think we'll get to see Dennis and Connolly for at least 20mins each today. Possibly sooner if Kyle can't run again.

Edit: I say 'we'... Am I f**k as giving St Johnstone the fat end of twenty notes. I'll have to catch it on Alba later.

Edited by Coventry Saint

I'm pretty amazed by that line up to be honest, not very "Goodwin" at all. Think it'll be a straight flat 4 in midfeild with Sheron and McGrath at CM and the two wingers. Defence is going to have to work hard, there isn't a lot of cover there at all...

8 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The idea of this set up us to press high, but we, after rattling Rangers early on by doing so, have decided to no longer press CBs until we're behind.

No idea why he's playing this set up today, we don't have the central midfield to pull it off without Craig or Davidson. I like Wotherspoon but he's a liability in this position IMO, loses the ball too much.

Genuinely worried about this season, absolutely reeks of a rookie manager refusing to learn from mistakes.

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Which #22 do you think will do better?IMG_20200829_143034.jpg.443d29e714cea1a3dee35393e25749af.jpg

We're some club.

End of August and we've made one permanent, 35yo, signing. 

We still haven't released pictures of this seasons away kit. 

Our club twitter is tweeting the wrong link for people to buy PPV.

Our club twitter isn't tweeting the right line up.

Genuinely intrigued as to what comes next.

Will be delighted to be proved wrong of course but can't help share the general feeling that we're going to be massive over-run in the middle of the park today. 

Surely he's seen enough of this MOH/Hendry stuff to see it ain't working very well. 

Fucking nuts that we had Hendry and May looking stronger every game as a partnership last season for CD to chuck that right in the bin, and don't start on Conway getting a start again.