St Johnstone v St Mirren 29/8

I feel like this is quite an important game for St Johnstone. They’ve had two home games already this season; no points, no goals. In fact their only win so far this term came in a game which they were losing up until their opponents went down to ten men.

I’m sure rookie coach Callum Davidson will be keen to not only score goals in Perth, but to finally get home points on the board. I bet he thinks that the game this weekend is a great chance to do both.

I reckon that they’ll do it. Saints are missing our first choice centre back Joe Shaughnessy due to suspension. Club captain Kyle Magennis is also out due to injury along with regular starter Ryan Flynn.

If St Johnstone can’t beat this depleted St Mirren squad at home, who can they beat?

2–0

12 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

0-3 Obika Dennis and Connoly with the goals. Red card for my big mate Shaun Rooney.😊

I doubt he'll play, unless theres a major change of shape. McNamara is the best right back we've had since Foster in 18/19.

Talk that Clark, Davidson and Kane will all be in the squad again, with May fit to start. Be nice to have a bench again.

We look alright without scoring, and concede scabby goals. I'm still haunted by the shitshow in Paisley around this time last season, so have zero expectations of anything other than a pumping.

Perth has never been a happy hunting ground for St Mirren.  The one thing that's made me nervous watching games this season is a habit of playing far too deep in periods. Then getting the ball and pumping it up the park to the opposition its happend in everyone of our games. Thankfully we look ok going forward creating chances. Will be delighted with any kind of result.  £17.50 is steep for streaming  right now I'm not prepared to pay that. However when it comes to Saturday that could change.  

Besides long term injuries to Magennis and Flyn we have Shaughnessy suspended, McAllister was taken off with an injury and Durmus and Thorvaldson couldn't make last week due to injuries. Foley will move back into defence this weekend.

On the bright side we have signed two forwards in Dennis and Connolly. However after starting the season with a settled team it looks like a bit of reorganising for this weekend.

I think we're going to go one up front here. If Durmus is fit, he comes in for Morias. If not, Morias retains his place. It'll be too soon for Connolly.

Back five picks itself, but with Foley moving back for Shaughnessy.

-----------   Sheron - MacPherson --------------

McAllister ------- McGrath -------- Durmus/Morias

-------------------- Obika ---------------------------

Wildcard 'we're fucking going for it' front six that we'd all love to see but 100% won't be happening because it'd be suicidal':

Connolly - MacPherson - McGrath - Durmus

------------- Dennis - Obika --------------------

Edited by Coventry Saint

Perth has never been a happy hunting ground for St Mirren.  The one thing that's made me nervous watching games this season is a habit of playing far too deep in periods. Then getting the ball and pumping it up the park to the opposition its happend in everyone of our games. Thankfully we look ok going forward creating chances. Will be delighted with any kind of result.  £17.50 is steep for streaming  right now I'm not prepared to pay that. However when it comes to Saturday that could change.  
Away games are on our channel on my iptv. I suspect certain pubs in Paisley will have it on.

27 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Not bothered in the slightest if it stays like this as we'll pick up plenty when we eventually get to play our first 11.

^^ Shaking like a shitting dog at the prospect of the might Paisley juggernaut condemning their team to a 4th defeat in just 6 games.

Callum Davidsons new formation to start showing dividends with the fake Saints being the first to suffer the wrath

Jason Kerr will rampage down the line and will put in cross after cross

Hendry to capitalise on this with first half hatrick

The crossses will continue to bombard the top4/6Buddies Ha Ha Ha and with out big Joe there defence will be as leaky as an auld bucket

Kane will replace Hendry to stop him going nap,unfortunately for St .Murrin this will have a reverse effect and Kano will bang in 4

Callum Davidson will take Kane off to spare  St.Mirren more pain and replace him with young 18 prodigy John Robertson, sadly for the now demoralising  Defence Robbo will score a 7 minute hatrick .

😄😄😄