Hibernian v Aberdeen

14 minutes ago, d31 said:

whats the likely hibs team?

4 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Not sure whether Nisbet will be fit or not but suspect it’ll be similar to last week, possibly Allan dropping out as he’s not kicked a ball yet.

I would be very surprised if we didnt have some formation change after the last couple of insipid displays. Having said that, this hearing business isnt much help as we might have to set up differently depending on who is / isnt banned for Aberdeen later today?

Which makes me think that they might have the brass neck to appeal after all.
In the same interview he made it clear that although he was pleading with the SFA to be lenient, the club would accept any punishment and deal with the consequences.
So it sounds like they will specifically not have the "brass neck" to appeal anything.

2 hours ago, d31 said:

The Dons still have enough to put together an experience starting team but there wont be much on the bench.

Lewis

Logan Taylor Hoban Considine

McCrorie Ojo

Hedges Ferguson McGinn

Watkins

subs: Cerny, Hernandez, Campbell, Wright, McLennan, Main, +3 young lads.

Was Ferguson not one of the eight? 

2 hours ago, d31 said:

The Dons still have enough to put together an experience starting team but there wont be much on the bench.

Lewis

Logan Taylor Hoban Considine

McCrorie Ojo

Hedges Ferguson McGinn

Watkins

subs: Cerny, Hernandez, Campbell, Wright, McLennan, Main, +3 young lads.

That’s a more than decent team which should be looking to take the three points, and the bench is fairly strong as well. Not saying that we will, mind you.

1 hour ago, Highloon said:

Evening! Anyone know when the SFA are likely to reveal the outcome of the review of the Notice of Complaint re the Hateful8? 

They're hearing 9 cases individually, and starting at 4pm on a Friday afternoon. I suspect the most likely option is that it gets adjourned for a while.

17 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Available for Sunday if sources are to be believed.

Yes suspended for 3 matches but the suspension suspended until Feb next year and only activated if breach again. Seems they get off lightly as their behaviour lead to games being postponed - punishment seems very lenient?

Just now, madhibby said:

Yes suspended for 3 matches but the suspension suspended until Feb next year and only activated if breach again. Seems they get off lightly as their behaviour lead to games being postponed - punishment seems very lenient?

Lenient going on nonexistent. I was expecting some sort of example to be made - if players get caught breaking the rules in the next couple of weeks, the Scottish Government might look quizzically at this sort of punishment regime.

10 minutes ago, madhibby said:

They've already been docked four weeks wages. Club were happy to play three games with all 8 missing. Government said no.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

They've already been docked four weeks wages. Club were happy to play three games with all 8 missing. Government said no.

Govt dont administer Scottish football - SFA/SPFL do.  SFA sentence I am sure will not impress Scottish Govt not penalise your club for irresponsible behaviour by your players. Let’s hope there is a points deduction to get the message home?

1 minute ago, madhibby said:

Govt dont administer Scottish football - SFA/SPFL do.  SFA sentence I am sure will not impress Scottish Govt not penalise your club for irresponsible behaviour by your players. Let’s hope there is a points deduction to get the message home?

Why would there be a points deduction?

The SPFL can't just hand out a punishment which is not in the rulebook to set an example.

Bear in mind Hibs players were out the same weekend. They were fortunate enough to not fail a test.

4 minutes ago, madhibby said:

The Government may not administer Scottish football but they certainly called off the St Johnstone v Aberdeen match. We have definitely got off with one (or eight) here, much more lenient than I expected. I bet you hope that we get deducted points. (Obviously not going to happen, mainly due to the fact that if we get deducted points so will Celtic)

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

The SPFL can't just hand out a punishment which is not in the rulebook to set an example.

Bear in mind Hibs players were out the same weekend. They were fortunate enough to not fail a test.

.........probably because they were not in a rammed bar (or bars) full of sweaty punters?

So - not really fortunate at all.

Quite glad Dereks Darlings are at full strength, the 3 points will be all the sweeter

image.png.39d2f77a5a7758ef5c5c90179876497a.png.7f231ef7e563a60ed626eb4fc1240759.png

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

4 players (2 of them that supposedly share a flat) and going for a pizza is a bit different to 8 boys going on a union street pub crawl.