Hibernian v Aberdeen

18 minutes ago, Green Day said:

He was using Doric in a public place, so he was lucky it was just lighter fluid, tbh

We just spoke to someone from Dalkeith that called re a car we're selling, and his accent was fkin brutal.  Is that Hibs territory?

3 hours ago, Austinho said:

Christ, Aberdeen are a complete irrelevance to most Hibs fans. I've never even been to Aberdeen, never mind knowingly met an Aberdeen fan in real life. I literally know more Gretna fans and they've been dead for years. The only memorable things of note are that your period of success also coincided with Thatcher's evil reign of terror, and that your fans have a liking for the lamb clam. The only occasion Aberdeen even register a blip on my radar is the 3 or 4 times a year we play and I've usually fallen asleep before half time with Hibs TV on my pillow. We've won more trophies in my lifetime than the Dons and we've been shite for decades. You could put a heroin needle to my head and I would't be able to tell you the name of your messageboard. In terms of rivalries, you're the Espanyol to our Barcelona, the Fulham to our Chelsea, the 1860 to our Bayern. I can only assume the vitriol towards Hibs is an attempt to fill the void of having no rivalry, failing to capitalise with any real success while Sevco were shite, and reaching a plateau where the best you can hope for is a pumping at Hampden and a pumping in Europe every season from here on in til the end of time. You're effectively a red version of St Johnstone but with proximity to fossil fuels. You mean f**k all to the average Hibs fan, and don't let one single solitary radge on Hibs.net convince you otherwise.

You must be very young if hibs have won more trophies in your lifetime than the Don's.

The only thing that really matters is that hibs have 10 major honours in 145 years whilst the dons have 19 in 117 years

Disappointed by the lack of delusion by most of the hibs posters on here. I'd expected more about your gifted aesthetes being kicked off the park etc and you've let me down. 

However, Austinho's tear stained rant is a masterpiece of the genre, a truly beautiful work, and more than makes up for my disappointment . Thanks. X

11 minutes ago, Austinho said:

Hells bells, after photoshopping 30 odd Jack Ross emojis last season, I’d hoped I didn’t have to continuously post any more floating heads for folk to realise I was being firmly tongue in cheek as per usual. Delighted the 15 Aberdeen lads who responded got to briefly tug themselves silly over the thought of me crying though  - poor Dolly likely needed a wee break for a change. 

ETfp8QFWoAEEaEo.jpg.675942ec520355159390fb01ec73ef3b.jpg

2 hours ago, Dubford don said:

You must be very young if hibs have won more trophies in your lifetime than the Don's.

The only thing that really matters is that hibs have 10 major honours in 145 years whilst the dons have 19 in 117 years

The majority born in 1990 onwards would have seen us win the same number of trophies, although most 25-30 years olds would have seen Hibs win 1 more, as would anyone under 6.  Anyone over 30 would have been alive to see Aberdeen win more.

Edited by Dirk Lehmann

The reaction of the Dons lads to being gently made fun of for being so sensitive of other people's opinions of their team has been interesting. 

Heavy "if you enjoyed my last film 2 bald men fighting over a comb, you'll love my new film 1 bald man screaming at everyone about how great his comb is" vibes. It's just a wee joke about the football guys

41 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Heavy "if you enjoyed my last film 2 bald men fighting over a comb, you'll love my new film 1 bald man screaming at everyone about how great his comb is" vibes. 

Edgy.

All Aberdeen needed an ex-The Caley player to kick start their season.  McInnes needs to remember one thing; sign our 2015 team, not our 2017 team.  Ross County are doing that and they're going to free fall.

Aberdeen are streetwise and its something that McInnes has instilled into all his teams. 
Hibs have been lacking that for over a decade. You're far too soft and you've not got any physical presence. Aberdeen won virtual every header and every second ball today. McCrorie and Fergie showed more energy and desire to win. You have a lot of neat and tidy players (Allan, Mallan, Newell, Nisbett etc.) but theres just no tenacity about your squad. We were able to bring on McGeough (who did really well when he came on) who offered us more of a fight then Wright whilst at the same time is comfortable on the ball and is a strong passer. 
The reason why Hearts edged the decade of the 00's as best of the rest was because they showed those qualities - streetwise, tough etc. They've also been lacking that for near 8 years now. 
Aberdeen (even in the last two seasons if you include cups progress/Europe etc.) have been the main side outside the OF despite all the injuries we've endured. The difference this  year is we have a large squad which provides us with strong options in every position and allows us to cope with injuries. Its arguably the best squad we've had under McInnes.
My observation: Hibs AND Hearts have been even more bitter towards Aberdeen ever since McInnes has arrived. On Hibs.net this past week, Hibs fans recently commenting they hate Aberdeen more than Hearts. Hearts have also been expressing the same sentiment on JKB. Its a clear indication that Aberdeen are doing something right.
I do think Jack Ross is going to turn your fortunes around if given time. He's trying to toughen you up. He's a good manager. Just needs time. 
I'd be amazed if any Hearts or Hibs fan expressed that sentiment.
I've never heard it or read it anywhere.

4 hours ago, Austinho said:

Hells bells, after photoshopping 30 odd Jack Ross emojis last season, I’d hoped I didn’t have to continuously post any more floating heads for folk to realise I was being firmly tongue in cheek as per usual. Delighted the 15 Aberdeen lads who responded got to briefly tug themselves silly over the thought of me crying though  - poor Dolly likely needed a wee break for a change. 

18600F1C-8CE7-43A2-B583-117B89959C74.gif

1 hour ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Just go back through several pages of this thread, it has been mentioned loads...........not by Hibs fans though, just these obsessed arseholes.

6 hours ago, Dirk Lehmann said:

The majority born in 1990 onwards would have seen us win the same number of trophies, although most 25-30 years olds would have seen Hibs win 1 more, as would anyone under 6.  Anyone over 30 would have been alive to see Aberdeen win more.

You're absolutely right. However its also a massive underachievement that a club the size of Hibs have taken 100 years to win the Scottish cup.

Its appalling from Aberdeen and a massive underachievement for the club during that time period. Theres a definite correlation between Aberdeen's failures and Milnes arrival in 1998. We had our moments under Jimmy Calderwood and Ebbe but overall it was shocking for the decade of the 00's. Its statically speaking Aberdeen's worst period in the clubs history.

However Aberdeen have been to more cup finals (and semis') in that time then any club outside the OF. The problem is that the spending power the OF have has brought them overwhelming success. Aberdeen constantly lose to Celtic in cups finals no matter how hard we push them.

We've also finished in the top 6 considerably more times in that time than any other club in Scotland outside the OF.

Its sad that I'm clinging on to and I'm having to use that as a comparison of success between the best of the rest clubs. 

Edited by HarleyQuinn

3 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

On Hibs.net, their fans have said very similar things to below on recent threads regarding McCrorie and Aberdeen vs Hibs. Aberdeen are doing something right.

From JKB, my particular favouriteS: 

"******* hate the Sheep. I despise them more then any other club in Scotland. I really hope their new stadium plan goes t**s up and they're forced to stay at their current dump of a ground. Constantly talking up the fact they now having training facilities. How many times do they need to report it in the media. Can't stand the love in for Aberdeen on the BBC and Willie Miller. I work with a few sheep fans who constantly harp on about them being the third biggest/ Finances/successful/ Atlanta United etc. I'd love it if they went bust. I remember how s**t they were in the early 00's and now they are jumping up and down thinking they are a big club 😂. Can't wait for natural order to return and them to go back to being mid/bottom table obscurity."

AND

"Can't stand the following four in this order:

1. Aberdeen

2. The Rangers

3. Hibs

4. Celtic"

AND

"Aberdeen are a shite club, with no city rivals, so they cling to anything they ****ing can in an attempt to have something that just about every other club in world football have. If it's not us, it's Rangers, Dundee United, or just about anyone else that they do their absolute best to try and strike something up with, without any sort of reciprocation. No one else cares about them, and it hurts them knowing that. 

They are an absolute irrelevance that have been on a downward spiral for the best part of 40 years.  They are going absolutely ****ing nowhere, and it must pain them to come to terms with.  Their new stadium is never going to happen, and they will stay in a crumbling shitehole until it falls down. 

**** Aberdeen. **** their fans. **** Derek McInnes."

Edited by HarleyQuinn