Hibernian v Aberdeen

Aye pretty much the first thing I posted at full time was that Aberdeen were the much better team today. Everyone I was with today thought the same.
Whenever I’ve read hibs.net, it’s just so far removed from anything resembling my experience of real fans. I don’t think I’ve ever met a Hibs fan who thinks we always play swashbuckling flair football. I’ve never been on an Aberdeen forum but I’ll bet I could find whatever ridiculous myopic opinion I set out to look for on there too.
On your second para I would say that, imo, Aberdeen have been a pretty dirty, cynical team in recent years (not today particularly). When Hibs had a spell of playing the same way prior to soft as f**k Heckyball, I loved to see it. You need a bit of that at this level.
Seems reasonable. Anyway, good performance and result today. I look forward to the return fixture at Pittodrie where I predict another narrow and fortuitous Dons victory after somehow exploiting a little-known Spfl loophole to our advantage.

15 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

About 99% of this is some complex Aberdeen fans have made up and have to search forums full of slavers to actively look for.

The difference is that by and large our arseholes seem to post elsewhere - I have no doubt that hibs.net will be full of slavering messes tonight.

I have no idea if Aberdeen have the equivalent of hibs net, its genuinely of no interest to me.

There are one or two of them that seem to spend half their time on hibs net (and presumably other forums?) which is the kind of behaviour we would expect of those ex kickback bams in the summer.

Some of them seem a bit too desperate to cultivate bad feeling - its a psychological anthropology study in the making.

Shame as there are decent posters among the dildos.

41 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Aye pretty much the first thing I posted at full time was that Aberdeen were the much better team today. Everyone I was with today thought the same.

Whenever I’ve read hibs.net, it’s just so far removed from anything resembling my experience of real fans. I don’t think I’ve ever met a Hibs fan who thinks we always play swashbuckling flair football. I’ve never been on an Aberdeen forum but I’ll bet I could find whatever ridiculous myopic opinion I set out to look for on there too.

On your second para I would say that, imo, Aberdeen have been a pretty dirty, cynical team in recent years (not today particularly). When Hibs had a spell of playing the same way prior to soft as f**k Heckyball, I loved to see it. You need a bit of that at this level.

Aberdeen are streetwise and its something that McInnes has instilled into all his teams. 

Hibs have been lacking that for over a decade. You're far too soft and you've not got any physical presence. Aberdeen won virtual every header and every second ball today. McCrorie and Fergie showed more energy and desire to win. You have a lot of neat and tidy players (Allan, Mallan, Newell, Nisbett etc.) but theres just no tenacity about your squad. We were able to bring on McGeough (who did really well when he came on) who offered us more of a fight then Wright whilst at the same time is comfortable on the ball and is a strong passer. 

The reason why Hearts edged the decade of the 00's as best of the rest was because they showed those qualities - streetwise, tough etc. They've also been lacking that for near 8 years now. 

Aberdeen (even in the last two seasons if you include cups progress/Europe etc.) have been the main side outside the OF despite all the injuries we've endured. The difference this  year is we have a large squad which provides us with strong options in every position and allows us to cope with injuries. Its arguably the best squad we've had under McInnes.

My observation: Hibs AND Hearts have been even more bitter towards Aberdeen ever since McInnes has arrived. On Hibs.net this past week, Hibs fans recently commenting they hate Aberdeen more than Hearts. Hearts have also been expressing the same sentiment on JKB. Its a clear indication that Aberdeen are doing something right.

I do think Jack Ross is going to turn your fortunes around if given time. He's trying to toughen you up. He's a good manager. Just needs time. 

Edited by HarleyQuinn

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Aberdeen are streetwise and its something that McInnes has instilled into all his teams. 

Hibs have been lacking that for over a decade. You're far too soft and you've not got any physical presence. Aberdeen won virtual every header and every second ball today. McCrorie and Fergie showed more energy and desire to win. You have a lot of neat and tidy players (Allan, Mallan, Newell, Nisbett etc.) but theres just no tenacity about your squad. We were able to bring on McGeough (who did really well when he came on) who offered us more of a fight then Wright whilst at the same time is comfortable on the ball and is a strong passer. 

The reason why Hearts edged the decade of the 00's as best of the rest was because they showed those qualities - streetwise, tough etc. They've also been lacking that for near 8 years now. 

Aberdeen (even in the last two seasons if you include cups progress/Europe etc.) have been the main side outside the OF despite all the injuries we've endured. The difference is  year is we have a large squad where we have strong options in every position and can cope with the injuries. Its arguably the best squad we've had under McInnes.

My observation: Hibs AND Hearts have been even more bitter towards Aberdeen ever since McInnes has arrived. On Hibs.net this past week, Hibs fans recently commenting they hate Aberdeen more than Hearts. Hearts have also been expressing the same sentiment on JKB. Its a clear indication that Aberdeen are doing something right.

They hate us because they want to be us. That's it in a nutshell. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

A few of the Dons lads outing themselves as utter weirdos in the last couple of days on here

Is this you ? From your fellow fans..

Aberdeen A Bigger Club With A Smaller Support?

It seems this way to me. For the past 10 years our gates have been better. In recent seasons they have been 2-3k better on average.

And yet on 3 occasions now Mcinnes has nipped in and taken Hibs key targets from under our noses.

How? Are Aberdeen a more prestigious prospect than a better supported capital city club, with a better stadium and training facility?

And if it’s about money, how the **** do they have so much more of it?

This result, Aberdeen and that vain hunt Mcinnes have gotten right under my skin. I find it hard to accept these provincial muppets from a declining hole up north as a stronger entity.

Apologies. Now hit me.

I fair enjoyed that today, not a perfect performance by any means, but plenty to be encouraged by. Firstly - Ross McCrorie,what a fucking player he is. Seems he can do a bit of everything. Won the ball back all over the pitch and was smart and incisive with his passing too. I am looking forward to seeing his partnership with Ferguson develop,and hope we dont move him around too much. 

That might depend on if hoban can stay injury free,  because he (along with McKenna) was terrific also. So assured, composed, good communication and  organisation. Im not counting any chickens yet as we know that everything could fall apart in a moment with him, best to enjoy it while hes here I reckon. 

Watkins, Wright  and hedges were good first half, I wonder if we could have changed it a little earlier to push for a second as the defence sussed them out. When we have options (Mcginn, McLennan and Main) and extra subs to use, I wonder if McInnes could act a little more pro-actively. Ive been so impressed with hedges this season. he has a real directness, but also is able to hold the ball and time  his pass or dribble to maximum effect. 

If we can keep the defensive solidity, and take a few  more of our chances, Id say we are  in for a decent season! 

Til next time boiiis! xx

47 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Is this you ? From your fellow fans..

Aberdeen A Bigger Club With A Smaller Support?

It seems this way to me. For the past 10 years our gates have been better. In recent seasons they have been 2-3k better on average.

And yet on 3 occasions now Mcinnes has nipped in and taken Hibs key targets from under our noses.

How? Are Aberdeen a more prestigious prospect than a better supported capital city club, with a better stadium and training facility?

And if it’s about money, how the **** do they have so much more of it?

This result, Aberdeen and that vain hunt Mcinnes have gotten right under my skin. I find it hard to accept these provincial muppets from a declining hole up north as a stronger entity.

Apologies. Now hit me.

Aberdeen have recently built their training facilities which are considered "state of the art" and widely regarded as the best in Scotland (Including the OF). We also own our training facilities unlike Hearts. We are currently in the process of building a new stadium within the next 3-5 years which would see our annual turnover increase to around 25 million. The fact that we sell more replica shirts than any club outside the OF (and in fact club merchandise), have more fans active on social media then our Edinburgh rivals, brought 50k to the league final all indicate we have a large fanbase. Our catchment area is considerably bigger then our Edinburgh rivals. When playing in European competitions or if The Rangers or Celtic play us at Pittodrie we usually have a sell out crowd. Once we move into our new stadium Aberdeen will most certainly be rivalling the Edinburgh clubs average attendances and will most likely better them. We have a considerably larger travelling support then both Hearts and Hibs too - thats always been the case. Why don't they ever comment about these facts? Maybe because it doesn't fit their narrative.

Aberdeen are the third largest, third most successful club and have the third largest fanbase in Scotland. End of. Get over it.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

I fair enjoyed that today, not a perfect performance by any means, but plenty to be encouraged by. Firstly - Ross McCrorie,what a fucking player he is. Seems he can do a bit of everything. Won the ball back all over the pitch and was smart and incisive with his passing too. I am looking forward to seeing his partnership with Ferguson develop,and hope we dont move him around too much. 
That might depend on if hoban can stay injury free,  because he (along with McKenna) was terrific also. So assured, composed, good communication and  organisation. Im not counting any chickens yet as we know that everything could fall apart in a moment with him, best to enjoy it while hes here I reckon. 
Watkins, Wright  and hedges were good first half, I wonder if we could have changed it a little earlier to push for a second as the defence sussed them out. When we have options (Mcginn, McLennan and Main) and extra subs to use, I wonder if McInnes could act a little more pro-actively. Ive been so impressed with hedges this season. he has a real directness, but also is able to hold the ball and time  his pass or dribble to maximum effect. 
If we can keep the defensive solidity, and take a few  more of our chances, Id say we are  in for a decent season! 
Til next time boiiis! xx

I agree with some of this and disagree with other parts of it.

McCrorie was immense, absolutely immense. No wonder McInnes was buzzing about him post match on Sky. He covered every blade of grass, intercepted loads, won the ball and generally bodied Hibs midfield with Ferguson beside him. Hoban is superb but he's going to be a 1 in 3 game player or so I think. Reason being play him too often and he will break down. Use him in the big games, sparingly elsewhere, and I think that will work best.

Where I disagree is the McInnes being more proactive part (although only today I disagree). I think he timed his subs absolutely spot on for all three and made the right subs too. Not often we can say that but I wouldn't have changed anything earlier or in a different way. Even when he said post match about he should have made a double sub, I disagreed as another sub may have caused more harm than good in that it might have caused our solidity and cohesiveness to go.

We are really suiting this 3-5-2 lark down to the ground with Hayes and Kennedy wing back. We are also getting the best out of Hedges by giving him a free role/roving commission. Getting his best performances out of him there.

I think we are getting better every game and although the break is here, we were a tired team towards the end of the game so it may not be too bad.

Ultimately I'm buzzing to win this one and win it so convincingly performance wise.

Fair play to the Hibs fans here for taking it well. However I prefer the heads gone element online and the usual excuses of "rotational fouls", "anti football", "how can you watch that". Makes winning sweeter when you are bitter.

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Your fans bud. If I'm wrong in saying that a large number of Hibs fans somehow think that Hibs, and Hibs alone, are destined to play sweeping football that the world should admire, then my apologies. 

For years now, Aberdeen have been beating Hibs and after every game there's an outpouring from Hibs fans that we were lucky, kicked you off the park, bored you to death, bought the referee, time wasted, played no football, cheated, cheated and cheated again. 

Cheers for admitting that once again, we were simply the better football team. 

No hard feelings. 

As a famous man once said...

"You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history.”

I'm not trying to elect myself as the anti-.net spokesman of Hibernian but the hating Aberdeen more than Hearts thing is some really next level stuff. I didn't think Hibs fans gave a f**k about Aberdeen, never mind that carry on. If someone actually posted that, they're a massive drama queen.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Aberdeen have recently built their training facilities which are considered "state of the art" and widely regarded as the best in Scotland (Including the OF). We also own our training facilities unlike Hearts. We are currently in the process of building a new stadium within the next 3-5 years which would see our annual turnover increase to around 25 million. The fact that we sell more replica shirts than any club outside the OF (and in fact club merchandise), have more fans active on social media then our Edinburgh rivals, brought 50k to the league final all indicate we have a large fanbase. Our catchment area is considerably bigger then our Edinburgh rivals. When playing in European competitions or if The Rangers or Celtic play us at Pittodrie we usually have a sell out crowd. Once we move into our new stadium Aberdeen will most certainly be rivalling the Edinburgh clubs average attendances and will most likely better them. We have a considerably larger travelling support then both Hearts and Hibs too - thats always been the case. Why don't they ever comment about these facts? Maybe because it doesn't fit their narrative.

Aberdeen are the third largest, third most successful club and have the third largest fanbase in Scotland. End of. Get over it.

Ooft.

Not sure why some Aberdeen fans are desperate to start a willy-waving contest about trivial guff after a good win and performance today, but it's interesting to see that fanbase size isn't measured by the number of supporters who go to games, but by "social media activity".

Citation needed on the "catchment area" claim as well. I'm guessing Aberdeen's catchment area stretches from Dundee to the Faroes while Hearts and Hibs are limited to Gorgie and Leith.

Edited by DC92

13 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Ooft.

Not sure why some Aberdeen fans are desperate to start a willy-waving contest about trivial guff after a good win and performance today, but it's interesting to see that fanbase size isn't measured by the number of supporters who go to games, but by "social media activity".

Citation needed on the "catchment area" claim as well. I'm guessing Aberdeen's catchment area stretches from Dundee to the Faroes while Hearts and Hibs are limited to Gorgie and Leith.

I actually did some research on catchment areas a while back for another thread. If you go by census postcode data, Hibs have by far the biggest catchment area of Scotland, in terms of population (where you assign people to their nearest stadium, using latitude/longitude data). Hearts, although tailing by some distance, are still second, while Aberdeen is a respectable fifth.

LocalTeams.thumb.png.696a9d66c5378446b2b6176bb0f0e4f6.png

27 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I actually did some research on catchment areas a while back for another thread. If you go by census postcode data, Hibs have by far the biggest catchment area of Scotland, in terms of population (where you assign people to their nearest stadium, using latitude/longitude data). Hearts, although tailing by some distance, are still second, while Aberdeen is a respectable fifth.

LocalTeams.thumb.png.696a9d66c5378446b2b6176bb0f0e4f6.png

From that I suppose now QP are full time they'll be challenging for Europe in a few seasons in front of full houses ..