Hibernian v Aberdeen

23 minutes ago, Austinho said:

Christ, Aberdeen are a complete irrelevance to most Hibs fans. I've never even been to Aberdeen, never mind knowingly met an Aberdeen fan in real life. I literally know more Gretna fans and they've been dead for years. The only memorable things of note are that your period of success also coincided with Thatcher's evil reign of terror, and that your fans have a liking for the lamb clam. The only occasion Aberdeen even register a blip on my radar is the 3 or 4 times a year we play and I've usually fallen asleep before half time with Hibs TV on my pillow. We've won more trophies in my lifetime than the Dons and we've been shite for decades. You could put a heroin needle to my head and I would't be able to tell you the name of your messageboard. In terms of rivalries, you're the Espanyol to our Barcelona, the Fulham to our Chelsea, the 1860 to our Bayern. I can only assume the vitriol towards Hibs is an attempt to fill the void of having no rivalry, failing to capitalise with any real success while Sevco were shite, and reaching a plateau where the best you can hope for is a pumping at Hampden and a pumping in Europe every season from here on in til the end of time. You're effectively a red version of St Johnstone but with proximity to fossil fuels. You mean f**k all to the average Hibs fan, and don't let one single solitary radge on Hibs.net convince you otherwise.

You truly are a sad blinkered central belter. Maybe you might find seeing the rest of Scotland widens your narrow perspective. It’s not something to be proud of. Other than the comedy of relegation and administration the Edinburgh clubs really are irrelevant to all but themselves. By yesterday’s display this looks to continue to be the case.

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Chances are none of the people who have the opinions you’re calling out will read you doing it. Couldn’t you just sign up while you’re there and disagree directly?

Cheers Al, but I prefer the more varied dingbats and fruitloops on here. I feel I belong amongst you all. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

1 hour ago, Austinho said:

Christ, Aberdeen are a complete irrelevance to most Hibs fans. I've never even been to Aberdeen, never mind knowingly met an Aberdeen fan in real life. I literally know more Gretna fans and they've been dead for years. The only memorable things of note are that your period of success also coincided with Thatcher's evil reign of terror, and that your fans have a liking for the lamb clam. The only occasion Aberdeen even register a blip on my radar is the 3 or 4 times a year we play and I've usually fallen asleep before half time with Hibs TV on my pillow. We've won more trophies in my lifetime than the Dons and we've been shite for decades. You could put a heroin needle to my head and I would't be able to tell you the name of your messageboard. In terms of rivalries, you're the Espanyol to our Barcelona, the Fulham to our Chelsea, the 1860 to our Bayern. I can only assume the vitriol towards Hibs is an attempt to fill the void of having no rivalry, failing to capitalise with any real success while Sevco were shite, and reaching a plateau where the best you can hope for is a pumping at Hampden and a pumping in Europe every season from here on in til the end of time. You're effectively a red version of St Johnstone but with proximity to fossil fuels. You mean f**k all to the average Hibs fan, and don't let one single solitary radge on Hibs.net convince you otherwise.

image.png.66cdd9ef468c4c5d7fa7c1d4e5ce36aa.png

Christ, Aberdeen are a complete irrelevance to most Hibs fans.
9577775B-4BDF-476B-AC41-EF617744B45E.jpeg.8a55bc17147ab5fc185b90b15c27a6ef.jpeg

I've never even been to Aberdeen, never mind knowingly met an Aberdeen fan in real life.

EA99BC98-B453-407F-AEAC-F035E5AE1088.jpeg.f4e92a2cede21f4f1858c199aadd06ab.jpeg

I literally know more Gretna fans and they've been dead for years. 

DAB9BE57-8A76-447F-AB8F-AFFA1E6FA587.thumb.jpeg.0d9a2d45341c50fa5223e7e428d8906a.jpeg

The only memorable things of note are that your period of success also coincided with Thatcher's evil reign of terror, and that your fans have a liking for the lamb clam. 

B27A0FC6-01F6-4741-A129-8F272755F0D5.jpeg.b4c6f7fac6ffbdb27038f12890b60de1.jpeg

We've won more trophies in my lifetime than the Dons and we've been shite for decades.

EA99BC98-B453-407F-AEAC-F035E5AE1088.jpeg.f4e92a2cede21f4f1858c199aadd06ab.jpeg

You could put a heroin needle to my head

29B93FE8-23EE-479B-A715-CA052E3393F0.jpeg.b85f79d84a2681850254eb65d3d40078.jpeg

and I would't be able to tell you the name of your messageboard. In terms of rivalries, you're the Espanyol to our Barcelona,

. You mean f**k all to the average Hibs fan, and don't let one single solitary radge on Hibs.net convince you otherwise.

9ECAA9F9-3165-4697-AB48-DAA9B06D9B11.thumb.jpeg.544b462d863d06c1d6935a4f0df43c6b.jpeg

Spoiler

8016EF56-334F-4BA0-AE2D-71FE8B199066.thumb.jpeg.1525ab54f3a045a97ab43c51462daf62.jpeg

Deserved 3 points for Aberdeen, we were good for the first 25 and then fell out of it massively. 

Unfortunately, McCrorie looks like some player and exactly what we needed.  Missed Gogic badly as our midfield was soft as ****.  We also need Nisbet back, Doidge struggled up front on his own against those big physical defenders, so our attack was non-existent.  Only kudos from me goes to our defence - they did a good job but Boyle sold them down the river.

A reality-check which was always on the cards.  However, we are 2-3 players away from being a very good side.   

I've said it many times on here, you know Aberdeen are better than both the Edinburgh clubs when they start bringing the 'at least we have have a rivalry' chat.

'I don't even know the name of your messageboard' is an absolute belter though :lol:

Missed the game yesterday due to travelling but that's a lovely 11 day period we've had :)

Haha what a fucking loser 😆 i dont care .. followed by an emotional break down.

Hibs are an irrelevance to anyone outside Leith.

Love your seeth. You hate that we put you in your place every season dont you. Calm down and focus on that big battle for a 6th place finish. 

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I've said it many times on here, you know Aberdeen are better than both the Edinburgh clubs when they start bringing the 'at least we have have a rivalry' chat.

'I don't even know the name of your messageboard' is an absolute belter though :lol:

Missed the game yesterday due to travelling but that's a lovely 11 day period we've had :)

Yup the rivalry chat is desperate. An admission that both the teams in Edinburgh are so shit and irrelevant that a few games a season against each other is as good as it gets.

Thats supposed to be a good thing? Pathetic specimens.

Deary me, it wasn’t supposed to be the insult of the century. It was this carry on about Hibs hating Aberdeen that I was picking up on. I’m not saying having a rivalry is some great achievement.  Some amount of melodramatics on display here. 

14 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Deserved 3 points for Aberdeen, we were good for the first 25 and then fell out of it massively. 

Unfortunately, McCrorie looks like some player and exactly what we needed.  Missed Gogic badly as our midfield was soft as ****.  We also need Nisbet back, Doidge struggled up front on his own against those big physical defenders, so our attack was non-existent.  Only kudos from me goes to our defence - they did a good job but Boyle sold them down the river.

A reality-check which was always on the cards.  However, we are 2-3 players away from being a very good side.   

I felt bad for Doidge, talk about feeding on scraps. He always puts in a decent shift but he needs a striker beside him to link up with. 

Gullan’s wee cameos don’t give the impression that Ross sees him as a proper option. Like every other area of the squad, it’s a position where more depth is needed. I agree with the rest of your post but 2/3 players might be on the conservative side.

I've lived in Edinburgh about twenty years now and even without ever being part of a supporters club have met plenty of Dons fans here. I can only assume that before going to Australia and besides never going to an away game he must have barely left his basement.

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Someone needs to set Aberdeen up with a rival.

I'm still buzzing at the possibility of the big one being drawn out in the next hour or so - Aberdeen vs Viking Stavanger is the derby of all derbies.

Edited by tarapoa

Brilliant result and this could be an exciting league season for Aberdeen. If Friday night was a turning point for our luck with injuries/suspensions we could give them a good run for their money at least in the next couple of months which is better than we've seen for 4-5 years.

I thought the game was exciting and very open in the first half but the Dons, as is their right, sat in during the second half.

Delighted with the three points.

If Hibs are struggling for midfielders they could yet be phoning up Aberdeen for a transfer or a loan.

Aberdeen are overloaded with central midfielders; Ferguson, McCrorie, Bryson, McGeouch, Ojo, Campbell and Virtanen.

Edited by d31

1 minute ago, d31 said:

Brilliant result and this could be an exciting league season for Aberdeen. If Friday night was a turning point for our luck with injuries/suspensions we could give them a good run for their money at least in the next couple of months which is better than we've seen for 4-5 years.

I thought the game was exciting and very open in the first half but the Dons, as is their right, sat in during the second half.

Delighted with the three points.

If Hibs are struggling for midfielders they could yet be phoning up Aberdeen for a transfer or a loan.

Aberdeen are overloaded with central midfielders; Ferguson, McCrorie, Bryson, McGeouch, Ojo, Campbell and Virtanen.

I heard they like Ojo

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I heard they like Ojo

I think given we paid a fee for Ojo we'll probably bury our heads in the sand this transfer window and hold on to him.

For my money Bryson and Virtanen to head out and long shot of Campbell.

30 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

“Setting fire to people on trains for no apparent reason” thread for this pish.

He was using Doric in a public place, so he was lucky it was just lighter fluid, tbh

Relaxed Mad Men GIF