Hibernian v Aberdeen

Enjoyed that. Two good teams trying to play football (mostly). Hibs aren't far behind us, they lacked a bit of dig in the midfield, and a bit of game management. They should stay up this season.

Pleasantly surprised with McInnes' tactics. Was expecting a total shitfest from the first minute, but he got the team and subs spot on. Everyone contributed, but McCrorie and Ferguson were immense. Both have incredible desire, and both are smart players. Shout for Tommie Hoban as well, classy defender. Reminds me a lot of Russell Anderson.

Absolutely shite losing a game to a pen like that, so needless. Aberdeen were the better team and as soon as they get a lead it’s basically game over, we’ve seen it so many times. 

Back to the drawing board for us, decent first 30 mins then never kicked a ball. Meh.

Bet you thought it was ok last week.

Guest Bob Mahelp
15 minutes ago, akuram said:

No comparison with the Saints v Hibs game last week. 

Hibs were weak...limp. They've been like that for the last few games/35 years, but just got lucky against you and Motherwell. Not today, when they actually played a big team. 

11 minutes ago, akuram said:

Last week's win was a tactical defensive masterclass where the better team patiently bided their time for an opportunity to strike, and when they did, the opposition's unfair play was justly penalised by the match officials.

This week was a bunch of jammy shithousers scamming a sneaky penalty when one of them surreptitiously put their leg where the ball was a fraction of a second beforehand and then closing down the rest of the game.

Any objective observer could see that the moral high-ground is with Hibs in both instances. Obviously!

Really professional performance from Aberdeen today, no fannying about, just some nice football. McCrorie was superb - actually, the whole midfield was great, to be fair. Going to be a brilliant partnership with Ferguson, I hope. Thought Hibs lacked creativity, but I would put that down to Aberdeen playing well rather than Hibs being poor. Very enjoyable game.

Terrific performance today. Hoban is such a calming influence at the back and reads the game brilliantly. Mcrorie was excellent again and looks to have the beginning of a great partnership with Ferguson in the middle.

This is the best squad we've had in years, great strength in depth and a season to look forward to. 

46 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I can’t believe that’s the same team I watched a fortnight ago at McDiarmid. 

Watkins and Hedges have improved them about 14,372 times.

Bit harsh since Aberdeen was lacking in game time since the previous game was 19 days before that.

That is 4 times i've watched Hibs and not been impressed with them - they have reminded me of watching the dons the last 2 years. Maybe Ross will make Hibs hard to beat.

Edited by betting competition

5 minutes ago, betting competition said:

That is 4 times i've watched Hibs and not been impressed with them - they have reminded me of watching the dons the last 2 years. Maybe Ross will make Hibs hard to beat but I don't think they looked good to watch

Agreed, esp the bit in bold.

I am actually not convinced that a Macrorie is what we needed - its more creativity.

Very disappointing today, we need a couple of signings at least imo.

Aberdeen looked very good in midfield.

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Bit harsh since Aberdeen was lacking in game time since the previous game was 19 days before that.

That is 4 times i've watched Hibs and not been impressed with them - they have reminded me of watching the dons the last 2 years. Maybe Ross will make Hibs hard to beat.

I've been watching Aberdeen v Hibs games since the late1970's and invariably Hibs are soft as shit...a very easy team to play against. No surprise that Aberdeen have won more games against them than any other team.

They had a decent side in the mid 2000's with Brown, Riordan, Thompson etc, but I'm genuinely struggling to remember games where they outplayed us. Last season once, then about one time every 6 or 7 years. 

It makes it even more hilarious that their fans still whine on year after year about how much better they are than Aberdeen. Maybe next time, eh ?

We need both. As soon as our one defensive midfielder is out we look vulnerable in front of the defence and if Allan isn’t going to  perform consistently, we need proper competition for his place.

Aberdeen exposed the Gogic shaped hole in our team with some good football at the edge of our box. I don’t know if that’s just how they play now or if it was a clever adjustment but either way, I didn’t think McInnes had it in him. While Aberdeen are beating us that easily, we don’t have the right to even think about 3rd. Major improvement needed.

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It makes it even more hilarious that their fans still whine on year after year about how much better they are than Aberdeen. Maybe next time, eh ?

About 99% of this is some complex Aberdeen fans have made up and have to search forums full of slavers to actively look for.

I don’t mind saying Aberdeen have had our number for ages, it’s objectively just the case.  It really doesn’t read like you find any of this hilarious tbh. 

Edited by Alan Stubbs

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Alan Stubbs said:

About 99% of this is some complex Aberdeen fans have made up and have to search forums full of slavers to actively look for.

I don’t mind saying Aberdeen have had our number for ages, it’s objectively just the case.  It really doesn’t read like you find any of this hilarious tbh. 

Your fans bud. If I'm wrong in saying that a large number of Hibs fans somehow think that Hibs, and Hibs alone, are destined to play sweeping football that the world should admire, then my apologies. 

For years now, Aberdeen have been beating Hibs and after every game there's an outpouring from Hibs fans that we were lucky, kicked you off the park, bored you to death, bought the referee, time wasted, played no football, cheated, cheated and cheated again. 

Cheers for admitting that once again, we were simply the better football team. 

No hard feelings. 

33 minutes ago, betting competition said:

He'd need to try harder than he did today.

Guest Bob Mahelp

From hibs.net. Kind of sums them up..

A lot of posts on here praising Aberdeen but why? They offered just as little as we did in front of goal. Today was all about the first goal and its one of those what if games. If Boyle scores that early chance then it’s a very different game indeed. We did seem slightly unorganised at times but is that really a shock considering the disruption caused by the covid test? The stage was set for Aberdeen today. The penalty that Boyle gifted Aberdeen helped them 100%. As soon as Aberdeen got that bit of luck they went straight into ultra defend mode and now that we have lost the match some people seem to think that Aberdeen won the game because they were better than us but the truth is they really aren’t that special it just wasn’t our day today. We had more of the ball than Aberdeen and we seemed to be better at spraying it about the park than them. Where we did struggle was we just didn’t deal with the Aberdeens rotational fouling tactic and Drey Wright and Boyle passed up huge chances today. They also commit far more fouls than us and did a hell of a lot more shirt pulling than us..should we complain about it or should we learn from it? Maybe there's a lot to be said about playing anti football tactics it works for them and has done for a few years.

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Your fans bud. If I'm wrong in saying that a large number of Hibs fans somehow think that Hibs, and Hibs alone, are destined to play sweeping football that the world should admire, then my apologies. 

For years now, Aberdeen have been beating Hibs and after every game there's an outpouring from Hibs fans that we were lucky, kicked you off the park, bored you to death, bought the referee, time wasted, played no football, cheated, cheated and cheated again. 

Cheers for admitting that once again, we were simply the better football team. 

No hard feelings. 

Aye pretty much the first thing I posted at full time was that Aberdeen were the much better team today. Everyone I was with today thought the same.

Whenever I’ve read hibs.net, it’s just so far removed from anything resembling my experience of real fans. I don’t think I’ve ever met a Hibs fan who thinks we always play swashbuckling flair football. I’ve never been on an Aberdeen forum but I’ll bet I could find whatever ridiculous myopic opinion I set out to look for on there too.

On your second para I would say that, imo, Aberdeen have been a pretty dirty, cynical team in recent years (not today particularly). When Hibs had a spell of playing the same way prior to soft as f**k Heckyball, I loved to see it. You need a bit of that at this level.