Hibernian v Aberdeen

Gogic a huge miss today against McInnes' hammer-throwers.  We needed him today for the inevitable physical battle. 
To think we are essentially getting punished for a false positive, yet the Aberdeen 8 have managed to avoid any form of repercussion whatsoever after 2 players tested positive. Laughable really. 

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Worrying about which player could be out really emphasises how bad the depth is in this squad.

Stevenson would be a worse but not disastrous replacement for Doig, Mallan or Hallberg the same for Newell and Allan or Horgan could take the one spot they're competing for. Otherwise, there are about 8 starters whose absence would concern me.

With Gogic at the top of that list eek.png

Back to having no defensive midfielders available, brilliant.

it sounds like hibs should have at least tried to sign another defensive mid, negligent from the board and manager IMO. 

Anyway - McCrorie in the defensive mid role for the Dons today by the looks of things, Ive been very impressed since he arrived. The rest of the team looks really strong too, hedges and Wright both in good form but today will be a different test. Excited to see how they do!

COYR

Gogic has been good so sounds like a boost for the Dons.

McInnes very unlike himself with picking all of kennedy, hayes, watkins, wright and hedges.

5 creators there whereas many dons fans would have worried we'd play 2-3 creators in a lot of games this season

9 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

So Gogic can’t play yet Aberdeen get their games postponed due to their players being idiots. Farce :lol: 

Our game wasn't postponed due to the players being idiots. It was postponed because a weekends worth of idiots caused a local lockdown.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I've still no idea what the obsession with Wright is. At his very best, he drifts in and out of games, giving away possession with his first (invariably heavy) touch. 

At his normal level, he's a passenger who gives up after getting a wee knock in the first few minutes. 

What's he in there for ? He can't hold the ball up, he scores very few goals and he creates very few chances for others. If we want someone to support Watkins up front, why not just start with Curtis Main ?

I'm happy Hedges is there but I'm not sure the balance of the side is great. Effectively we're starting with 5 forwards, 3 defenders, and Ferguson and McCrorie.

Edited by Bob Mahelp

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I've still no idea what the obsession with Wright is. At his very best, he drifts in and out of games, giving away possession with his first (invariably heavy) touch. 

At his normal level, he's a passenger who gives up after getting a wee knock in the first few minutes. 

What's he in there for ? He can't hold the ball up, he scores very few goals and he creates very few chances for others. If we want someone to support Watkins up front, why not just start with Curtis Main ?

I'm not Wright's biggest fan, but he has scored and been creative in the last couple of games. He deserves to start based on his last couple of performances, but games like this will decide whether he can be a success with us or not. Still, happy to see him start today as there is undoubtedly a talented footballer there - much rather him in that role than somebody like Gallagher from last season. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm happy Hedges is there but I'm not sure the balance of the side is great. Effectively we're starting with 5 forwards, 3 defenders, and Ferguson and McCrorie.

Your bias is clouding your judgement then as he's been one of the better players so far this season.

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, DrewDon said:

I'm not Wright's biggest fan, but he has scored and been creative in the last couple of games. He deserves to start based on his last couple of performances, but games like this will decide whether he can be a success with us or not. Still, happy to see him start today as there is undoubtedly a talented footballer there - much rather him in that role than somebody like Gallagher from last season. 

I just see him as an identical player to Ryan Hedges, just not as physically strong. Hibs have loaded their midfield today, and we look to have at least a player missing in there. 

Hayes, Hedges and Wright will all have to do a lot of work supporting Ferguson and McCrorie. Hayes has proved himself a hundred times over, but the other 2 will need to put in a shift. 

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Our game wasn't postponed due to the players being idiots. It was postponed because a weekends worth of idiots caused a local lockdown.

Which your players knew what the risks were. 

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Heard that. Surprising news that. Murphy for Horgan is surely a downgrade?

Delighted to hear tbh 

It's Wright and Murphy for Horgan, with Boyle getting his contract extended, so it's not surprising that a winger was pushed out.