Hibernian v Aberdeen

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

.........probably because they were not in a rammed bar (or bars) full of sweaty punters?

So - not really fortunate at all.

Quite glad Dereks Darlings are at full strength, the 3 points will be all the sweeter

image.png.39d2f77a5a7758ef5c5c90179876497a.png.7f231ef7e563a60ed626eb4fc1240759.png

You don't know if the first part is true. That's the point I'm making.

IMO the three games should have went ahead with us playing with a much reduced squad. They didn't. I don't see how they could then go back and say "actually lads we're going to suspend you for the next three games" after allowing them to play two.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

I don't see how they could then go back and say "actually lads we're going to suspend you for the next three games" after allowing them to play two.

Yeah, all joking aside its a bizarre decision - but one which basically means if anyone else fucks up, the precedent is set !!

18 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

They've already been docked four weeks wages. Club were happy to play three games with all 8 missing. Government said no.

Neither are completely relevant. The government's suggestions on whether the game could go ahead related to public safety and/or politics not to SFA rules and punishments, and the SFA is punishing the player here, not the club. SFA sanctions shouldn't depend on what their club does. Different players committing the same infraction may be treated differently by different clubs, and a players can and do change clubs, possibly negating the effects of the punishment (this is the transfer window, after all - If Dylan McGeough got a lenient sentence because of his wages being docked, it makes a mockery if he is transferred to Motherwell first thing tomorrow morning and evades whatever punishment he would have had from the SFA).

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You don't know if the first part is true. That's the point I'm making.

IMO the three games should have went ahead with us playing with a much reduced squad. They didn't. I don't see how they could then go back and say "actually lads we're going to suspend you for the next three games" after allowing them to play two.

The same way players can play while awaiting a disciplinary ruling on a red card suspension that gets enacted after the hearing. The issue here was a punishment for rulebreaking, not a public health provision for preventing players from coming into contact with others.

Just now, Aim Here said:

Neither are completely relevant. The government's suggestions on whether the game could go ahead related to public safety and/or politics not to SFA rules and punishments, and the SFA is punishing the player here, not the club. SFA sanctions shouldn't depend on what their club does. Different players committing the same infraction may be treated differently by different clubs, and a players can and do change clubs, possibly negating the effects of the punishment (this is the transfer window, after all - If Dylan McGeough got a lenient sentence because of his wages being docked, it makes a mockery if he is transferred to Motherwell first thing tomorrow morning and evades whatever punishment he would have had from the SFA).

So they should have banned them for the St Johnstone, Livingston and Hibs games then. Which any Aberdeen fan would have accepted.

Just now, Aim Here said:

The same way players can play while awaiting a disciplinary ruling on a red card suspension that gets enacted after the hearing. The issue here was a punishment for rulebreaking, not a public health provision for preventing players from coming into contact with others.

Which happened almost a month ago. They've had plenty time to come to a decision.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

So they should have banned them for the St Johnstone, Livingston and Hibs games then. Which any Aberdeen fan would have accepted.

Assuming this is a punishment, it doesn't matter which games they get banned for (if that's the punishment that's decided upon, I'm sure there's other options, such as actual fines).

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Yeah, all joking aside its a bizarre decision - but one which basically means if anyone else fucks up, the precedent is set !!

I'm still amazed the season began without a clear punishment in place for rule breaches. As incompetent as the 8 players were stupid.

2 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Neither do you, chief, so why bring it up?

Well that's the point. At any point it could come out "actually this happened on that night." Should Hibs then have points deducted?

None of the players admitted to the night out until the positive tests. It's not a stretch to suggest other players have been a bit creative with the truth, no?

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

Assuming this is a punishment, it doesn't matter which games they get banned for (if that's the punishment that's decided upon, I'm sure there's other options, such as actual fines).

Ok then pal. 

17 minutes ago, Green Day said:

.........probably because they were not in a rammed bar (or bars) full of sweaty punters?

So - not really fortunate at all.

Quite glad Dereks Darlings are at full strength, the 3 points will be all the sweeter

image.png.39d2f77a5a7758ef5c5c90179876497a.png.7f231ef7e563a60ed626eb4fc1240759.png

We won’t be at full strength. Cosgrove, Devlin and Bryson out. Potentially Taylor and Logan out as well.

21 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Well that's the point. At any point it could come out "actually this happened on that night." Should Hibs then have points deducted?

None of the players admitted to the night out until the positive tests. It's not a stretch to suggest other players have been a bit creative with the truth, no?

So let’s just not comment on anything in case we know every single fact under the sun, sounds like a great way to exist.

14 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

So let’s just not comment on anything in case we know every single fact under the sun, sounds like a great way to exist.

And yet there you were describing a meal followed by spending the remainder of the night in a bar as an 'Union Street Pub crawl'.

Dont know about that... watched the sheep last night and they looked decent. Yes it was against utter diddies but I hardly recognised them, they were playing attacking football and some really smart finishes, Hayes being standout..

I think a football match might actually break out here....

12 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Dont know about that... watched the sheep last night and they looked decent. Yes it was against utter diddies but I hardly recognised them, they were playing attacking football and some really smart finishes, Hayes being standout..

I think a football match might actually break out here....

We looked a lot more like the 2016 vintage last night. We all know that McInnes won't take the shackles off against Hibs though. It'll be back to bypassing the midfield, and if that tactic somehow manages to sneak us into the lead, we'll try to see the game out in the usual manner. I won't complain if it works though.