Mercy Baguma

Mercy Baguma: Govan mum found dead next to 'starving baby' - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-53904251

Couldn't see a thread for this and I thought it merited one.

This is a horrible story, and I was wondering if anyone on here has experience of relevant charities and/or the Home Office?

My inner cynic tells me that the Home Office just cgaf.

This is awful. A lot of clichés spring to mind about it being the 21st century etc but it really is absolutely abhorrent that people can get essentially murdered this way in one of the richest nations on earth 😡 🤬 

I once volunteered for a project in Glasgow to help asylum seekers with their interview skills. There were a range of people with various experiences. A couple I remember was a women from Iran who was looking after a 100 year old woman in a home which she was enjoying. Considering some of the horror stories about abuse of the elderly it was good to hear from someone who genuinely seemed to care.

Another guy had run a gas plant in Libya and I thought "Give him a job at Mossmorran. I don't think the UK is overrun with qualified petrochemical engineers and it seems a waste of a resource"

Anyone who thinks this is as good as it gets for Scotland is off their rocker. This should not be happening in our country hopefully the day is coming and we can send the home office packing.

I saw this story earlier on today and it's an utterly fucking abhorrent that in so-called "modern" Britain a woman who  wants to work and contribute can starve to death and her baby require hospital treatment for malnutrition. I genuinely despise the UK more and more each day. Fucking shameful. 

I saw this story earlier on today and it's an utterly fucking abhorrent that in so-called "modern" Britain a woman who  wants to work and contribute can starve to death and her baby require hospital treatment for malnutrition. I genuinely despise the UK more and more each day. Fucking shameful. 
Whilst there are obviously alot of questions to be asked in relation to her death I don't think the cause of death has been revealed. The baby was described as being malnourished but not seen anything saying she had starved to death.

3 minutes ago, spud131 said:
25 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Whilst there are obviously alot of questions to be asked in relation to her death I don't think the cause of death has been revealed. The baby was described as being malnourished but not seen anything saying she had starved to death.

Educated guess tbh. She had been relying on handouts from friends and the occasional food parcel in one article in the article I read. 

8 hours ago, 101 said:

Remember when someone dying in your care was a resigning issue, doubt Patel or Johnston will notice or care.

Maybe this is what Patel meant when she said she was going to unveil something that would "send the left into meltdown". 

Standing out as an uber-c**t in that cabinet of absolute scumbags and imbeciles is quite the achievement. 

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Maybe this is what Patel meant when she said she was going to unveil something that would "send the left into meltdown". 

Standing out as an uber-c**t in that cabinet of absolute scumbags and imbeciles is quite the achievement. 

Perhaps - it certainly won't cause the right to bat an eye lid.

She manages to combine the cold hearted evilness with being so thick she comes across as stoned/ suffering from a sever brain injury. It's quite a feat anyone elected her in the first place and like you say she's a stand out in a cabinet full of people who should only be able to dream of holding such high office. 

This is the government who banned being homeless around Westminster ffs, sadly this isn't a shock in the slightest. Until people start standing up and really making those in charge accountable for their actions, horrific stories like this will become more common. 

Wait, you mean The Foreigners aren't all sitting with massive tele's claiming all the benefits available?! Do the public know!?

Absolutely fucking disgusting that this has been allowed to happen. If people want to work,let them work. I'll go out on a limb here and guess she was doing a job that thousands of work-shy arseholes wouldn't dream of doing. How the f**k people can vote for the Tories is beyond me.