Starting back

Funny to see so many teams, pro and ammy, who are on twitter saying, "great to be back, first training session....." when they have been training for months. I just hope the same teams stick to the guidelines THIS TIME and don't ruin it for the rest of us. Seen a full 11 a side game a couple of weeks ago in Wishaw area, using changing rooms etc as if there was no Covid restrictions.

There's still more questions than answers. There's no sign of changing rooms opening anytime soon. Also legislation regarding crowds of over 30 people gathering together.

How do we get games played? 

As I said, more questions than answers currently. There are too many obstacles still in place and I would be astounded if the amateur leagues are back up and running for October.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted at the fact that pubs have been allowed to re-open, where people have continuously proved they have broken rules regarding restrictions yet outdoor sports isn't allowed? It's crazy. 

It would also be great for someone to shed some light on the fact that the government downgraded covid-19 from a highly infectious disease to the same level as the flu on March 19th. 

Yet there are still so many restrictions. Crazy times

Maybe as there has been almost a millions deaths since 19th march.

Things are changing week on week. What has a decision 5 months ago matter

I'm absolutely flabbergasted at the fact that pubs have been allowed to re-open, where people have continuously proved they have broken rules regarding restrictions yet outdoor sports isn't allowed? It's crazy. 
It would also be great for someone to shed some light on the fact that the government downgraded covid-19 from a highly infectious disease to the same level as the flu on March 19th. 
Yet there are still so many restrictions. Crazy times

4 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Maybe as there has been almost a millions deaths since 19th march.

Things are changing week on week. What has a decision 5 months ago matter

Because people don't know whether they are coming or going half of the time. 

It wasn't a comment of trying to slate anything, its just frustrating when certain things are allowed open. I've honestly been in places where there has been zero distancing. And not just the odd place. 

Yes I totally agree with the part about football not being allowed as yet but pubs etc.

Just found the comment about being downgraded on 19th march a little odd.
I get your point tho mate and as I say totally agree.

Because people don't know whether they are coming or going half of the time. 
It wasn't a comment of trying to slate anything, its just frustrating when certain things are allowed open. I've honestly been in places where there has been zero distancing. And not just the odd place. 

9 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Yes I totally agree with the part about football not being allowed as yet but pubs etc.

Just found the comment about being downgraded on 19th march a little odd.
I get your point tho mate and as I say totally agree.

Just looking to see if anyone knew more about what that actually means. 

Like why is it no longer an infectious disease yet so many restrictions, especially around peoples health and wellbeing. 

I think the fact that most speak utter drivel makes it hard for anyone to understand haha

Parks level fixtures down here in Bristol are due to restart in September. Reserve teams, whose first teams are at County League level, are the only ones so far - no council pitches being used yet. Heard it's a maximum of 6 in the changing rooms at one time - doubt that will be enforced strictly ! Don't know how they'll cope if they can't use showers during the winter months.

12 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Parks level fixtures down here in Bristol are due to restart in September. Reserve teams, whose first teams are at County League level, are the only ones so far - no council pitches being used yet. Heard it's a maximum of 6 in the changing rooms at one time - doubt that will be enforced strictly ! Don't know how they'll cope if they can't use showers during the winter months.

Doesn't bode well for up here in Scotland as we are generally quite a bit behind England with our lifting of restrictions. Genuinely think there's next to no chance of things being up and running in terms of leagues etc by October up here. 

I struggle to see how things can realistically get going in october. There has been no guidance as to what clubs need to do to keep safe, other than appoint a Covid officer. There has been no info on changing facilities/arrangements either. Friendlies start in 2 weeks and apparently it will be restricted to 'local' matches only. I assume this will be a 25mile radius or whatever. 

The biggest issue may be parks, Glasgow life have apparently said that they will only be opening Toryglen, glasgow green and Scotstoun. Add into the mix the fact schools are not apparently going to be taking bookings leaves a distinct lack of parks available for training and matches in and around Glasgow for the numerous teams to play at from all levels. 

Heard this morning that there is some kind of online meeting on Thursday that will hopefully give us all some information on where we stand moving forward. I think the nominated COVID officer from each club is to attend. Not sure if this is nationwide or just for individual leagues.

14 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

The biggest issue may be parks, Glasgow life have apparently said that they will only be opening Toryglen, glasgow green and Scotstoun. Add into the mix the fact schools are not apparently going to be taking bookings leaves a distinct lack of parks available for training and matches in and around Glasgow for the numerous teams to play at from all levels. 

Even if a start date were to be confirmed there is a hell of a lot still to be resolved. I was discussing pitches with a mate at the weekend and we agreed that venues which typically host 5-6 matches at a time might well be restricted so maybe 2-3 matches to avoid crowds gathering. On a positive note some of the pitches around here are in fantastic condition. From a footballing side I've seen or heard almost nothing in terms of league structures, cup competitions, number is games etc we might be looking at but I suppose that's difficult without any star date. Sad to say I'm increasingly pessimistic about the prospects for the coming season at grass roots level.

Being in Bristol there's amateur leagues restarting today and next week, looks like say 3 out of 5 pitches are being used in some places, maybe that's just a lack of clubs playing these days. Can't find out much from league websites, but most are cramped dressing rooms with bogstandard  showers if they work ! Think they're relying on people not turning up if they have a high temp,even if they restrict it to 6 in a changing room - can't see the council having enough staff to keep places 100% clean and safe.