League One Streaming - What would you pay?

How much would you pay for live streaming?  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If I attend a home game with my son, it will cost £32 to get in, plus travel costs, plus refreshments at the game, programme etc. If we watch from home I would pay £15 for the stream, without even thinking about it.

So, that would be £7.50 each and as we would sit and have a few beers each, the cost of the beer would still be more than the cost of the game.

Most people will watch with friends and family. If it was pitched at £10 and four people were watching at the same venue, that would be £2.50 each, with no additional travel costs, which I think is too low.

16 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

If I attend a home game with my son, it will cost £32 to get in, plus travel costs, plus refreshments at the game, programme etc. If we watch from home I would pay £15 for the stream, without even thinking about it.

So, that would be £7.50 each and as we would sit and have a few beers each, the cost of the beer would still be more than the cost of the game.

Most people will watch with friends and family. If it was pitched at £10 and four people were watching at the same venue, that would be £2.50 each, with no additional travel costs, which I think is too low.

It's tricky because you could say £20 is too low if five people are sitting watching the same feed. But if you're watching on your own is anyone going to fire £20 across to Airdrie or Forfar to watch a potentially dodgy feed of a game?

I'd have just said split the fees equally between home and away sides with home season ticket holders obviously watching for free. Folk are generally going to be more willing to part with the price of a match ticket if they know it's going towards their club.

36 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

It's tricky because you could say £20 is too low if five people are sitting watching the same feed. But if you're watching on your own is anyone going to fire £20 across to Airdrie or Forfar to watch a potentially dodgy feed of a game?

I'm not looking at this in a "what do I get out of this?" way. All clubs are going to be scrimping to get through this period and this is the only way they can generate income, so regardless of the quality of stream I'll be ordering it to help my club through. I realise not everyone can afford to do it every week, but I feel a club asking for its standard entry fee is reasonable. I reckon most clubs will set it between the £10-15 mark though, they won't want to piss off the usual concession crowd with a price too high.

I'll happily pay Forfar or Airdrie the entry fee as I would've done if I'd gone to the game. I want to see all clubs come out the other side of this so I'm trying to put my own personal enjoyment of the games as a secondary thought.

1 hour ago, David W said:

Given the costs involved (I imagine it will be minimising losses, not covering them), and the fact that these things are going to be done as a labour of love by a small team of people, I find it ridiculous that people would begrudge sticking £10-15 in to watch League 1 away games and would try stealing (that's what it is) the coverage for free. Either don't watch, or put your money in. If you're trying to lessen the cost, get a couple of mates to come over and split it.

Never mind labour of love by volunteers mucking in to make the best of a bad situation @Shadwell Dog wants something for nothing. He's entitled, he's Falkirk by God and he shou!d have it!

Guest bernardblack

Do some people think that if they go to an away game, that 100% of their admission costs go their team?

That’s the sense I’m getting here from some of these comments

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Never mind labour of love by volunteers mucking in to make the best of a bad situation @Shadwell Dog wants something for nothing. He's entitled, he's Falkirk by God and he shou!d have it!

Not entitled no just be silly not to if you can considering the current climate and cash being tight. I'll be making sure my own team gets my cash before any other club.

Not entitled no just be silly not to if you can considering the current climate and cash being tight. I'll be making sure my own team gets my cash before any other club.

Or just don't use the service if you're not willing to pay for it

34 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Will you complain if say, 2 clubs, withdraw citing lack of funds and the SPFL in turn decide L1 isn't viable and abandon the season?

21 minutes ago, Nedelko said:
55 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Or just don't use the service if you're not willing to pay for it

If I can get it for nothing I'll use it.

23 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Will you complain if say, 2 clubs, withdraw citing lack of funds and the SPFL in turn decide L1 isn't viable and abandon the season?

2 clubs and it'll still go ahead many more and your back to one league being played. Clubs were told if they werent willing to play then its league 2 next season  so noones going to pull out.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

58 minutes ago, Nedelko said:
1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:
If I can get it for nothing I'll use it.

...and you're still arguing that's not an entitled attitude?

No because if I cant get it for nothing I'm not going to scream and shout about it. If its free great if its not then its not and life still goes on.

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It will if they have the same setup as they do in the top flight. It would only be available to international based falkirk fans at an extra subscription  cost just like it has been for many years.

Hi you're wrong. If I want to watch United's away game against Killie this weekend, I have to create an account with KillieTV and pay £15 or so for the right to watch the match. As well as this, I might get the option to go for Home or Away Team Commentary.

16 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Hi you're wrong. If I want to watch United's away game against Killie this weekend, I have to create an account with KillieTV and pay £15 or so for the right to watch the match. As well as this, I might get the option to go for Home or Away Team Commentary.

Don't think so.Do you stay in the UK or abroad? If your UK then no you cant watch United away on United tv. You can though if you live overseas and pay the international viewers subscription. If you are UK you either use a vpn and take up the umited tv International subscription with the cash going to your club or pay on an individual away match basis with the home club getting the cash. Or you get iptv and dont pay at all apart from your normal subscription.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Don't think so.Do you stay in the UK or abroad? If your UK then no you cant watch United away on United tv. You can though if you live overseas and pay the international viewers subscription. If you are UK you either use a vpn and take up the umited tv International subscription with the cash going to your club or pay on an individual away match basis with the home club getting the cash. Or you get iptv and dont pay at all apart from your normal subscription.

Using a VPN - scamming hardworking clubs out of money.

Dundee United don't have an international subscription for their TV channel so to watch the Kilmarnock v Dundee United game you have to purchase a Kilmarnock TV pass. 

8 hours ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Dundee United don't have an international subscription for their TV channel so to watch the Kilmarnock v Dundee United game you have to purchase a Kilmarnock 

International Subscribers: Live video as part of your subscription · Uk Subscribers: Live Audio · The game is available via pay-per-view (£5) at https://ppv.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk - You must register for the PPV site when purchasing a ticket.

Aye no international subscription right enough.