Jump to content
Jan Vojáček

League One Streaming - What would you pay?

How much would you pay for live streaming?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Well if its anything like the premier setup my falkirk season ticket will give me access to all falkirk games home and away streaming wise.  That's why I was asking how it works in the top flight as games are shown by both the home and away clubs tv channels and clubs give free access to season ticket holders. Its only one off purchases of games that are charged.  

If your Falkirk season ticket (which you've paid actual money for) gives you access to away games then you aren't getting them for hee-haw, you've paid your club to watch them. I can't comment on the Premiership clubs and how it works as I don't know, I think "free access" might be a bit misleading though on your part - no club is giving anything out for free.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Or get iptv and watch it for hee haw.

Yip, confirmed as a knob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

If your Falkirk season ticket (which you've paid actual money for) gives you access to away games then you aren't getting them for hee-haw, you've paid your club to watch them. I can't comment on the Premiership clubs and how it works as I don't know, I think "free access" might be a bit misleading though on your part - no club is giving anything out for free.

Yip, confirmed as a knob.

why pay when you can get it for hee haw. Would be happy to get a vpn though and give the cash to falkirktv mind you.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

why pay when you can get it for hee haw. Would be happy to get a vpn though and give the cash to falkirktv mind you.

Why pay for FalkirkTV when you can get it for free? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Moonster said:

Why pay for FalkirkTV when you can get it for free? 

 

I dont mind giving my club cash im just not going to pay another club to sit in my living room and watch my team play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of quid lower than admission would be acceptable. It’s not the same thing so I don’t see why the cost should be the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can assure you that streaming of games within the UK & ROI will not be available except through the home clubs streaming channel. It’s their home game therefore their receipts. From what I understand overseas folk will still be able to access the away team’s stream though. It may be that due to distancing regulations away teams might be stuck in the corner of a stand rather than on a gantry and away teams may be restricted to filming for video analysis purposes. It’s all to be sorted fully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I dont mind giving my club cash im just not going to pay another club to sit in my living room and watch my team play. 

You could've saved us a few posts each there and just accepted that you're a knob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Imagine thinking your IPTV provider will be going out their way to get an illegal stream for Forfar vs Falkirk. 

I'll just get it on the falkirktv iptv stream. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You could've saved us a few posts each there and just accepted that you're a knob.

 I wouldnt expect any other teams fans to pay falkirk for the privilege of watching their team from the comfort of their own home either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Falkirk TV wouldn’t be showing Forfar v Falkirk.

It will if they have the same setup as they do in the top flight. It would only be available to international based falkirk fans at an extra subscription  cost just like it has been for many years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It will if they have the same setup as they do in the top flight. It would only be available to international based falkirk fans at an extra subscription  cost just like it has been for many years.

Falkirk TV only stream home games for international fans. In the top flight supporters have to pay rival clubs to access the streams for away games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Falkirk TV only stream home games for international fans. In the top flight supporters have to pay rival clubs to access the streams for away games. 

Complete tosh.No they don't. Kilmarnock  fans who live abroad pay killie tv 12.99 a month to watch away games.

Falkirk tv currently stream all falkirk games home and away to falkirk fans who live overseas.  Where are you getting that rubbish from?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 I wouldnt expect any other teams fans to pay falkirk for the privilege of watching their team from the comfort of their own home either.


I’d give a lot to be able to watch Falkirk batter Forfar 9-0 right now, to be honest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Complete tosh.No they don't. Kilmarnock  fans who live abroad pay killie tv 12.99 a month to watch away games.

Falkirk tv currently stream all falkirk games home and away to falkirk fans who live overseas.  Where are you getting that rubbish from?

The regulations have changed. During COVID-19 restricted attendance fixtures, only the home team will be authorised to stream matches so the only matches FalkirkTV will be able to stream is ones played at The Falkirk Stadium. 

They can, of course, film the away games for using on FalkirkTV highlights packages but if they were to stream away fixtures they would be in breach of the new regulations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

The regulations have changed. During COVID-19 restricted attendance fixtures, only the home team will be authorised to stream matches so the only matches FalkirkTV will be able to stream is ones played at The Falkirk Stadium. 

They can, of course, film the away games for using on FalkirkTV highlights packages but if they were to stream away fixtures they would be in breach of th

Currently in the top flight   for example at the weekend. I could watch rangers v kilmarnock on either rangers or kilmarnock tv.  On rangers TV anyone can watch it by either ppg or I would presume rangers season on killie tv though only kilmarnock international subscribers can watch it.  It is streamed on both channels though. The pictures may be the same stream I'm not sure but there were definitely different commentators on each.  Killie tv can show it they just can't show it to fans within the UK. If you're a killie fan you're better getting a vpn and paying killie tv instead of giving money to one half of the bigot bros.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Currently in the top flight   for example at the weekend. I could watch rangers v kilmarnock on either rangers or kilmarnock tv.  On rangers TV anyone can watch it by either ppg or I would presume rangers season on killie tv though only kilmarnock international subscribers can watch it.  It is streamed on both channels though. The pictures may be the same stream I'm not sure but there were definitely different commentators on each.  Killie tv can show it they just can't show it to fans within the UK. If you're a killie fan you're better getting a van and paying killie tv instead of giving money to one half of the bigot bros.

There are a couple of differences to the top flight method and what you would be proposing. Kilmarnock and Rangers have access to the same feed, provided by a third party,  QTV Sports if I remember correctly. Because the third party is contracted by the SPFL to film the games(to fulfil highlights packages on Sportscene/Sky Sports etc)then each club makes an arrangement with the SPFL to access this SPFL recorded footage to stream. 

Falkirk TV is club recorded footage which, under my reading of the new amendments to the regulations, is only permitted to be streamed by the home club. The away club is allowed to film it but is restricted to the holdback periods for publishing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

There are a couple of differences to the top flight method and what you would be proposing. Kilmarnock and Rangers have access to the same feed, provided by a third party,  QTV Sports if I remember correctly. Because the third party is contracted by the SPFL to film the games(to fulfil highlights packages on Sportscene/Sky Sports etc)then each club makes an arrangement with the SPFL to access this SPFL recorded footage to stream. 

Falkirk TV is club recorded footage which, under my reading of the new amendments to the regulations, is only permitted to be streamed by the home club. The away club is allowed to film it but is restricted to the holdback periods for publishing. 

I see. Well I just suppose we'll need to wait and see what they come up with. The issues are going to be the standard of streaming and how it varies. You cant charge people match ticket prices if your only using one wee camera stuck up in the rafters of the main stand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the costs involved (I imagine it will be minimising losses, not covering them), and the fact that these things are going to be done as a labour of love by a small team of people, I find it ridiculous that people would begrudge sticking £10-15 in to watch League 1 away games and would try stealing (that's what it is) the coverage for free. Either don't watch, or put your money in. If you're trying to lessen the cost, get a couple of mates to come over and split it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...