League One Streaming - What would you pay?

How much would you pay for live streaming?  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

After originally asking how the top flight worked I then said exactly what you are saying virtually.   

On 24/08/2020 at 13:14, Shadwell Dog said:

How does it work in the premier. I notice that for the majority of games you can watch via the home or away clubs tv stream.  Do the away clubs tv service just pay a standard fee to the home clubs or something?

On 24/08/2020 at 13:41, Shadwell Dog said:

Well if its anything like the premier setup my falkirk season ticket will give me access to all falkirk games home and away streaming wise.  

Aye.

You claimed on page 1 that you could view away games through your own club, which is false, and then claimed your season ticket would somehow get you access to away games aswell.

6 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

It seems yet again Football is making it more complicated than it needs to be.

For the lower leagues forget international rights etc.

The clubs should work together on this and follow the NOWtv Model.

£9.99 for a day pass 

£20-30 for a month pass

It would mean I can watch my team home or away. Regardless of COVID or not.

The majority of fans at this level go for the love of the game do we really think that adding live coverage is going to keep people away? 

EFL down South do something similar called iFollow. Tenner a fixture, home or away.

All live streaming of league one games must be through the club’s officially website or dedicated media channel with a direct individual link. We can also check if someone is illegally on streaming a feed & shut that person out. It is also against the law never mind the rules to stream competitive games without receiving payment for that service. It will be very interesting to see what the SPFL say about some club’s idea of free streaming to local nursing homes etc, that’s just not allowed.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye.

You claimed on page 1 that you could view away games through your own club, which is false, and then claimed your season ticket would somehow get you access to away games aswell.

I then corrected  that after looking into it more as you'd know if you had read the thread properly. You can watch away games through your own clubs tv if you are an international subscriber or via vpn if it works  or iptv. Otherwise its audio only.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, LiamA said:

All live streaming of league one games must be through the club’s officially website or dedicated media channel with a direct individual link. We can also check if someone is illegally on streaming a feed & shut that person out. It is also against the law never mind the rules to stream competitive games without receiving payment for that service. It will be very interesting to see what the SPFL say about some club’s idea of free streaming to local nursing homes etc, that’s just not allowed.

The mental image of Neil Doncaster sneaking into Peterhead nursing home and ripping out their modem is quite the picture though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54087674

No kiosks will be open and perhaps most difficult of all... "chanting/shouting/singing are to be avoided to help reduce the risk of infection".

I'm liking the idea of streaming more and more. If I can't shout at players having decided to play like a traffic cone for the weekend then there's not much point going tbh.

• 3 weeks later...
I dont mind giving my club cash im just not going to pay another club to sit in my living room and watch my team play. 
So if you went to the game you would give the away team cash. That's a narrow minded view in these times. The home club alone should be streaming the game. A visiting broadcaster from the away team can give it balanced viewpoint. This gives an opportunity for all clubs to generate income.

Only a matter of time before I’m watching Brechin‘s online stream in my garden on a screen set up beside my beech hedge whilst a pot of soup simmers away in the kitchen.  Tempting to put a chair at the end of the garden and instruct my other half to throw me out into the street should I stand next to it.

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:

What £20 to watch a stream emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png.

Well that’s nearly the price season ticket holders are paying, if it’s a tenner, season ticket holders would rightly be a tad miffed and if Covid is still around next season, who would buy a season ticket? Fans would just PPV. 

The pricing is a tough one for clubs. Pricing it at usual match ticket level might avoid season ticket holders feeling like they're getting a raw deal but sticking it at a tenner might see a much bigger uptake from supporters of away teams. All depends how willing non-season ticket holding home fans and away fans are to pay full whack.

East Fife and Falkirk already stream games for supporters outside the UK and Ireland so I'd expect their streams to be pretty high quality. Early indications seem to be that there are problems with the pixellot system though. Are people going to pay £15-20 per week to watch a camera that loses track of the ball regularly?

If it was me, I'd probably set prices a bit lower than normal and if fans aren't allowed in grounds for most or all of the season, offer seasn ticket holders an optional discount for next season.

• 11 months later...