WWE SummerSlam 2020

TheGoon

7 hours ago, bernardblack said:

They will ruin Keith Lee, guaranteed

They'll put him with the other black guys (Crews, MVP, Lashley, Truth, Shelton Benjamin, Ricochet, Alexander), who, Street Profits aside, have 'somehow' all ended up feuding together.

Oh and yes, of course they'll ruin him.

That was a weird show.  In some ways the THUNDERDOME made it seem like a big show, but in others it made it seem all the more ordinary.  They really need to work out the atmosphere and volume levels, it was like the early days of closed-doors football with pops being delayed, and the general noise just being "polite chatter".  I don't think the screens ended up being that bad, even with a few gimps seen in the background, a lot less distracting than I thought they'd be, but the atmosphere seemed a lot more natural when we were just getting random wrestlers on the sidelines.  If they sort that out, I think it'll be pretty good in the (hopefully) temporary measure until crowds come back.

I don't think there were any bad matches, just a whole lot of just-good-enough.  But that, along with the crowd stuff, just made it seem like a random B-show, not arguably their second biggest show of the year.  Mitigating circumstances, I know, but still.  Think it went really off the rails for the two main events.  McIntyre/Orton was good, but seemed like they were holding back (presumably for next week), and I could say the same about Fiend/Strowman.  Seemed like a match that tried to cram 20 minutes of spots into what ended up being 12 minutes.  They were starting the whole "gee, what do I need to do to win?!" after about 2 minutes.  And then...BIG DAWG.  They just can't fucking help themselves, can they?  A supernatural character who no-sells most things and is treated as unbeatable.  But naw, a couple of spears and he's rendered utterly immobile.  I know it's probably fucking brilliant to be big Roman the man, apart from the whole leukemia thing.  Young family, looks like a fucking God, seems like a really nice guy.  But fucking hell, it's like they're so desperate for him to fail with how much they back him.  He'll likely be champ next week, and we'll be back to Roman The Maybe Heel.