Clubs and Their Social Clubs - How Many Have One

I remember the old Kilbirnie Ladeside social club which used to be across from Glengarnock railway station.

I was too young to drink in it but I’ve heard the stories of some great acts that used to perform there.....

Hector Nicol,Christian,Andy Cameron.....

2 hours ago, Garden City said:

I remember the old Kilbirnie Ladeside social club which used to be across from Glengarnock railway station.

I was too young to drink in it but I’ve heard the stories of some great acts that used to perform there.....

One out of three isn't bad I suppose.

4 hours ago, Garden City said:

The Henry Gorman Band, Buster Hymen and the Penetrations, good/ crazy times in there

back in the day most clubs had a social club, i am going back to the 80's here.. winton rovers had one just off princes st in ardrossan and in the 90's built one within winton park, ardeer thistle had one on new street, buffs had one within abbey park, petershill at the old peasy park, kilsyth, kirkintilloch rr, dunipace, renfrew, darvel. port glasgow, sadly the vast majority are closed and have either been bulldozed or mysteriously went on fire... many were not the kind of place to take your girlfriend to, rough as feck, cheap drink and you could cut the air with a chainsaw 

On 27/08/2020 at 09:52, Yogi said:

See when you actually go see your team like the rest of us on here then you’ll have the right to slag your rivals until then your just a glory hunter armchair fan & a 🤡

Whit games would that be? 

On 27/08/2020 at 15:35, Bul2 said:

Peter, you need to get oot a bit mair pal emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pnglol

Just feel that sometimes we have a thread running that is quite informative and then you get somebody coming on and ballsing it up

IMO

It would’ve been easy to just laugh his comment off and move on with the discussion. Instead you, and others, chose to let it derail the thread.

See if you were in the pub discussing the Junior Cup or whatever and someone said “you’ll not need a trophy cabinet in Cumnock” would you laugh or would you start complaining about the guy wrecking the night?

If the answer is the second one don’t reply. 

As I said in my post , IMO. It is my opinion only and others may not agree , but, it would appear that a few others felt the comment was a bit childish and I don’t think they were all from Cumnock , although happy to be proved wrong .

I take on board how you felt about the comment(s) Peter and if you think I , and a few others wasted the thread, I accept your opinion , maybe don’t agree with it , but, I always feel you have a measured approach to most things ..... except Cambuslang [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

As I said in my post , IMO. It is my opinion only and others may not agree , but, it would appear that a few others felt the comment was a bit childish and I don’t think they were all from Cumnock , although happy to be proved wrong .

I take on board how you felt about the comment(s) Peter and if you think I , and a few others wasted the thread, I accept your opinion , maybe don’t agree with it , but, I always feel you have a measured approach to most things ..... except Cambuslang [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I didn't say a word. [emoji848] It appears you are mixing me up with somebody else.

I didn't say a word. [emoji848] It appears you are mixing me up with somebody else.

Sorry mate that’s what happens when you answer posts when taking a tea break when doing work at home

It wasn’t you that mentioned it but as it kinda followed the point you made earlier in the thread I just assumed it was you and dreamed in with a reply without checking

Apologies Glensmad / Peter