Clubs and Their Social Clubs - How Many Have One

We used to have a separate social club nearer the town centre, not sure how long ago.

We now have one underneath the stand which runs as a separate business to the football club. generally a nice atmosphere and recently been expanded to allow greater numbers
Whereabouts in the town was it?

4 hours ago, Bawrash1 said:

I maybe biased but there’s no social club still around like Cumnock juniors social club. Still the lifeblood of the community 40 years on and the place to be in Cumnock if your ever looking for a good wee night out.

Plenty of space as well since they did away with the trophy cabinet.

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Are any of these clubs open all through the week?Presume Cumnock is but suspect the others only on match days/weekends?

I know in the 90's Benburb's Social club was open on a Friday and Saturday and definitely during the day of training, Monday n Wednesday but cant remember if was open other days but know it brought in a substantial amount of money 

Are any of these clubs open all through the week?Presume Cumnock is but suspect the others only on match days/weekends?

At the moment I think it’s only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday but before lockdown I believe it was only closed a couple of days during the week.

Thanks-just wondered if any social clubs actually existed as in effect a local pub as such.I know ours did up until not long before it closed.Loks Bar have taken on the mantle and it’s a very high quality place for a drink and for post match/club functions albeit the prices are Shawlands prices now and not club prices!

11 hours ago, Bul2 said:

...... And the “talbot fan” from somewhere away from Ayrshire ,fucks up another thread with his stupid childish posts

Grow up ya clown

Gave the guy that posted about the Cumnock club a greeny. You boys need to lighten up.

I have to admit that jimbaxters' reply re the trophy cabinet made me chuckle out loud. [emoji846] If that was a Cambuslang fan saying the same about Glencairn I would have seen it as banter. I'm a bit surprised the Cumnock boys haven't seen it likewise.

On 27/08/2020 at 10:53, Yogi said:

One thing for certain couldn’t give you a red neck with a blowtorch 🤡

So as soon as I moved away I relinquished all right to comment on my team? 

Just for clarification I went to Auchinleck Primary and Auchinleck Academy and supported Talbot throughout my time in Scotland. So much so, I have RSI from drinking out of the Scottish Junior Cup so often. Now I'm a fan from afar who goes to matches when home but will continue to give an opinion or contribute on here where appropriate.

So I'll say what I want, when I want despite your greetin' face.

Edited by jimbaxters

I have to admit that jimbaxters' reply re the trophy cabinet made me chuckle out loud. [emoji846] If that was a Cambuslang fan saying the same about Glencairn I would have seen it as banter. I'm a bit surprised the Cumnock boys haven't seen it likewise.

Peter, you need to get oot a bit mair pal [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]lol

Just feel that sometimes we have a thread running that is quite informative and then you get somebody coming on and ballsing it up

IMO

I'll remember this post the next time you make a comment about Talbot or their supporters...

Peter, you need to get oot a bit mair pal [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]lol

Just feel that sometimes we have a thread running that is quite informative and then you get somebody coming on and ballsing it up

IMO

17 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I know in the 90's Benburb's Social club was open on a Friday and Saturday and definitely during the day of training, Monday n Wednesday but cant remember if was open other days but know it brought in a substantial amount of money 

That was one of the top social clubs in Glasgow,  Sunday nights the punters queued up to get in.

But the daddy of all clubs was the Ashfield. Most of the big stars from British TV did a stint in the Ashfield. Tbf, most of the comics would be arrested today for Hate Speech.

The gold star of all social clubs, football or otherwise was the big Rangers Social Club on Edmiston Drive. Massive building which also held the pools office. One flaw was the prices. The only to pay for it was to bump the drinks up. Truth was it never a social club but a top nite spot based on something like the Embassy Club in Manchester.  Sadly the market wasn't there for 7 nights a week at that time.

I'll remember this post the next time you make a comment about Talbot or their supporters...

Fair pout Andy auld pal , I have been known for having a wee bit bants with some of my pals out in Talbotia

I take it I’m not invited to your pub mate !!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]lol