Did Rangers make a mistake not agreeing on fee for Morelos?

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

I love that all the non-Rangers folk on this thread are either Celtic fans or Sevcoites who support a team but have a signature completely about Rangers. It's class, exactly how you'd imagine it.

It's good to see rangers fans searching the internet looking for a bid that didn't exist.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

It's good to see rangers fans searching the internet looking for a bid that didn't exist.

With all due respect, nobody on this forum will have the slightest idea about the transfer business of either Celtic or Rangers.

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

With all due respect, nobody on this forum will have the slightest idea about the transfer business of either Celtic or Rangers.

Aberdeen fans will.  They know all about the contractual details of everybody.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

You asked me to comment on why Gerrard never mentioned a bid being rejected - I can’t answer that, nobody can.

There has been articles linked that show the Lille president confirming we rejected a bid. As far as I am concerned, there is nothing more to it.

If Rangers want to sell him, he will be sold.

I’d want to keep him because he is one of the best players in the league.

Slippy G has being pretty honest and transparent when it comes to players coming and going so you're posting mince.

17 minutes ago, G51 said:

It would be a surprise if he did stay given what Slippy G has said, watching him trying to score against Celtic has been hilarious. 

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

It would be a surprise if he did stay given what Slippy G has said, watching him trying to score against Celtic has been hilarious. 

Slippy G, sensational bit of patter that

21 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Slippy G has being pretty honest and transparent when it comes to players coming and going so you're posting mince.

There’s nothing there what I’ve said that you can disagree with 😂 it’s either a fact or my opinion on why I’d keep Morelos.

I absolutely love that he winds you lot up so much even when he isn’t on the pitch.

6 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I read that in this voice.

I love how creative Celtic fans get when they make up stories like this.

It’s almost as good as the story that came out after the last Celtic v Rangers match where Celtic fans claimed Christie had to get a testicle surgically removed after Morelos assaulted him after the game 😂

wonder if the reported £16M figure also includes the wage package for Morelos, i'd be surprised if anyone pays >£10M outright as a fee. Close to £9M on a fee and then £7M in wages over 3 years sounds way more likely.

I could well stand corrected soon, I s'pose, but I literally did a quick 2 minute google for the beeb headlines and found these for 2017, 2018 and 2019, with only the 2019 one having any positive news in the headline with the turnover up (better results in European games played a part there): 

image.png.ec0da04c8cf4c6189273e4b4b500d6f0.png

image.png.f63edf515cff46e8659759d857a8ec08.png

image.png.0f97664f56eb51f7cb519733b3745fb0.png

would guess that clubs that actually have a pot to piss in have the upper hand imo.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

It’s almost as good as the story that came out after the last Celtic v Rangers match where Celtic fans claimed Christie had to get a testicle surgically removed after Morelos assaulted him after the game 😂

That story was complete bollock.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Maybe what happened is Morelos got so raging after being dropped for Saturday that he went and booted Christie's other baw into orbit?

If it ever collides with Tom Rogic's penalty, we'll know for sure.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

So, he gives you a direct quote like you asked, but it’s still not good enough? 😂

For what it’s worth, I think it’s a bid that should’ve been looked at, but if Rangers believe they can get more for him then fair play.

Rangers has no bargaining position now. That was the point of my original post. Due to the events over the past week, everyone can now see either Morelos wants out or that there are issues between him and the manager with the club wanting him gone. Therefore if you're making a bid for him, you'll certainly make it way lower than you originally would have because it's apparent he's likely going to be sold.

3 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Rangers has no bargaining position now. That was the point of my original post. Due to the events over the past week, everyone can now see either Morelos wants out or that there are issues between him and the manager with the club wanting him gone. Therefore if you're making a bid for him, you'll certainly make it way lower than you originally would have because it's apparent he's likely going to be sold.

Rangers have Morelos under contract for another three years. They're in a comfortable financial position with ST money having just come in off the back of two very good European runs, with any losses covered by loans converted to equity by the board. They have all the leverage on this. Everyone knew Morelos wanted out, that has not changed - he's never hid his desire to play in a top five league. And I seriously doubt there are any major issues between Morelos and Gerrard that couldn't be repaired if both sides wanted to - Gerrard has managed him for over two years now.

Players values depreciate when they come within the last two years of their contract, hence why Celtic will be desperate to extend Edouard. If they don't, then they'll have to sell him soon or take the hit on his valuation and sell him at a discount, like they did with Armstrong.

As usual, folk have absolutely lost the run of themselves around something concerning Alfredo Morelos and Rangers. This is how these transfers always end - those of us who remember Dembele to Lyon will recall it ended in much the same way as this.