Did Rangers make a mistake not agreeing on fee for Morelos?

8 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Try multiplying that by 2 then adding a bit.

According to my sources.

lmao

my sources are telling me that not only are Helsinki due a cut of the Morelos fee, but they’re also due a cut of any future fee for Joe Aribo as a result of sevco defaulting on transfer fee instalments. Helsinki took this in return, according to my chap in the Square Mile. This was the source of much angst during a recent conclave at Castle Greyskull.

Edited by G51

43 minutes ago, G51 said:

lmao

my sources are telling me that not only are Helsinki due a cut of the Morelos fee, but they’re also due a cut of any future fee for Joe Aribo as a result of sevco defaulting on transfer fee instalments. Helsinki took this in return, according to my chap in the Square Mile. This was the source of much angst during a recent conclave at Castle Greyskull.

Snake mountain ffs. Castle Greyskull was the good guys.

4 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:

Thanks.
So, a 16 million bid and Rangers knocked it back?
I continue to have my doots.
Dominic Cummings grade massaging of the news agenda at play here...

So, he gives you a direct quote like you asked, but it’s still not good enough? 😂

For what it’s worth, I think it’s a bid that should’ve been looked at, but if Rangers believe they can get more for him then fair play.

So, he gives you a direct quote like you asked, but it’s still not good enough? [emoji23]
For what it’s worth, I think it’s a bid that should’ve been looked at, but if Rangers believe they can get more for him then fair play.
Oh aye, Sevco'll get much more than 16 mill for Chubbychops. 'Undisclosed' much more. [emoji16][emoji16]

So, he gives you a direct quote like you asked, but it’s still not good enough? [emoji23]
A 'direct quote' via talksport... I'm surprised that no other media source tried to expand on this scoop

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

Oh aye, Sevco'll get much more than 16 mill for Chubbychops. 'Undisclosed' much more. emoji16.pngemoji16.png

I never said I agreed with it, but if they have rejected it, then they must have been confident of either of two scenarios at the time the offer was made:

a) They will receive a higher offer

or

b) They were happy to keep him if their valuation wasn’t matched

Obviously, this situation is probably different now given the developments over the weekend and I’d probably expect he will be gone by the end of the week.

1 minute ago, Ken Fitlike said:
10 minutes ago, AJF said:
So, he gives you a direct quote like you asked, but it’s still not good enough? emoji23.png

A 'direct quote' via talksport... I'm surprised that no other media source tried to expand on this scoop

A quick google search will show that the story was in the majority of Scottish news outlets.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Why did Slippy G never mention a bid yet with Kent he said there was a bid?

You’d need to ask him that, I couldn’t possibly answer. Possibly because the news that a bid was rejected came from the Lille president rather than Rangers.

Opposition fans seem desperate to tell us that no bids have been made for Morelos, as if it’ll somehow discredit him. I’ll happily keep him given that he is one of our best players 😂

1 minute ago, AJF said:

You’d need to ask him that, I couldn’t possibly answer. Possibly because the news that a bid was rejected came from the Lille president rather than Rangers.

Opposition fans seem desperate to tell us that no bids have been made for Morelos, as if it’ll somehow discredit him. I’ll happily keep him given that he is one of our best players 😂

You're not good at reading between the lines are you?
Lille got their number one target,there is a difference between actively selling a player and not wanting a player to leave.
In Morelos case he wants to leave but in Kent's case the club don't want to sell.
Why would you want morelos to stay when he wants to leave? 

18 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You're not good at reading between the lines are you?
Lille got their number one target,there is a difference between actively selling a player and not wanting a player to leave.
In Morelos case he wants to leave but in Kent's case the club don't want to sell.
Why would you want morelos to stay when he wants to leave? 

You asked me to comment on why Gerrard never mentioned a bid being rejected - I can’t answer that, nobody can.

There has been articles linked that show the Lille president confirming we rejected a bid. As far as I am concerned, there is nothing more to it.

If Rangers want to sell him, he will be sold.

I’d want to keep him because he is one of the best players in the league.

Edited by AJF