Did Rangers make a mistake not agreeing on fee for Morelos?

10 hours ago, Super_A said:

It wasn't insinuated by Talksport the Lille owner said it on Talksport.

Jim White asked him if they had bid £16m, he said "yes we have" but that they got their primary target, Jonathan David, and he didn't know if they would bid again, this was 5 days ago. Why people are denying this happened or are refusing to believe it happened, i have no idea.

I never heard him say that on talksport did you 🤔

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

You are totally spot on here.

Griffiths has mental health issues which, I think, have been pretty well publicised. Yes, he must be a pain in the arse but at all times, he appears to have been supported by his club.

Morelos is a stranger in a strange land, doesn't speak English and has been ragdolled by his club as a) a free-scoring talisman b) a scapegoat for the administrative and commercial shortcomings of the board / c.f ex-players and pundits now freely briefing to the press poodles against Morelos c) as a transfer bargaining chip in the club's desperate search for funds.

There is no comparison between the two.

I mean, there's been plenty of press briefings about how Griffiths "needs to get his act together" and "his time at Celtic is over" etc. I'll presume you missed those. Not that Griffiths deserves a particularly gracious exit from football due to his past.

Morelos has done very well out of Rangers, he's had at least three contract extensions and is probably our top earner. He's earned enough to be able to set up a charity foundation to help the poor of Cerete, and he's going to go and play in a top European league and has achieved his dream of playing for Colombia. I don't really recall any examples of Morelos being used to cover the alleged shortcomings of the board, and Rangers are clearly well funded, as I discussed earlier.

Apart from that though...

31 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

There is an ongoing commitment from existing shareholders to cover any losses through the issue of soft loans which will be subsequently converted to equity. This commitment has been honoured since King came into the club over five years ago.

On top of that, the retail agreement has been normalised, season ticket money has just come in and we've demonstrated the ability to spend close to £10m on new players. I don't think anyone can seriously argue that Rangers finances aren't fine.

I appreciate that 2012 was very much the high point of some peoples Scottish football experience, but those still intent on trying to portray Rangers as being in serious financial trouble eight years later are akin to those middle-aged men you see in a mid-life crisis, trying desperately to relive their youth. You understand why they do it, but you can't help but cringe a little bit when you look at them.

Edited by G51

5 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

You are totally spot on here.

Griffiths has mental health issues which, I think, have been pretty well publicised. Yes, he must be a pain in the arse but at all times, he appears to have been supported by his club.

Morelos is a stranger in a strange land, doesn't speak English and has been ragdolled by his club as a) a free-scoring talisman b) a scapegoat for the administrative and commercial shortcomings of the board / c.f ex-players and pundits now freely briefing to the press poodles against Morelos c) as a transfer bargaining chip in the club's desperate search for funds.

There is no comparison between the two.

That’s some take. I don’t even know where to start with that.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

There is an ongoing commitment from existing shareholders to cover any losses through the issue of soft loans which will be subsequently converted to equity. This commitment has been honoured since King came into the club over five years ago.

On top of that, the retail agreement has been normalised, season ticket money has just come in and we've demonstrated the ability to spend close to £10m on new players. I don't think anyone can seriously argue that Rangers finances are fine.

I appreciate that 2012 was very much the high point of some peoples Scottish football experience, but those still intent on trying to portray Rangers as being in serious financial trouble eight years later are akin to those middle-aged men you see in a mid-life crisis, trying desperately to relive their youth. You understand why they do it, but you can't help but cringe a little bit when you look at them.

You do a lot of scribbling on here but no numbers to back up your claim re. finances ?

In what way has the retail agreement been normalised ? As we speak, the Sevco support are being royally taken for mugs (yet again), this time by a couple of barrow boys from Liverpool who allegedly have a 5 year agreement to supply "world beating kit". 🤪 Plus, Mr. Ashley is still taking his cut.

Aye, that's normal in Sevcoland.

7 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

You do a lot of scribbling on here but no numbers to back up your claim re. finances ?

In what way has the retail agreement been normalised ? As we speak, the Sevco support are being royally taken for mugs (yet again), this time by a couple of barrow boys from Liverpool who allegedly have a 5 year agreement to supply "world beating kit". 🤪 Plus, Mr. Ashley is still taking his cut.

Aye, that's normal in Sevcoland.

You also do a lot of scribbling on here to be fair. Not much of it about Hibs right enough, but that's your prerogative.

The agreement has clearly been normalised - it's very similar to the deal we had with JJB a decade ago. £3m up front, plus a cut of all sales above that figure. That's been confirmed through various newspapers. In terms of Ashley, he buys some kits from Castore and flogs them. That's fine - by the time he's bought them from Castore, we've already made our cut. The entire reason we were able to normalise the agreement is because Castore offered a £3m p.a. upfront payment that Sports Direct couldn't match, ergo releasing us of the requirements of the matching clause.

The quality has been varied at best so far, but that's not really a big deal. Kickstarting a big procurement process at a time like this is high risk. And of course, none of that has any bearing on the money paid to Rangers by Castore as a result.

All we can go on is the information we have, and at this point, these are the details of the contract that we know about. Everything indicates a fairly standard relationship.

21 minutes ago, G51 said:

On top of that, the retail agreement has been normalised, season ticket money has just come in and we've demonstrated the ability to spend close to £10m on new players. I don't think anyone can seriously argue that Rangers finances are fine.

giphy (3).gif

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Since G51 has covered all bases and you are the only one that wants El Buffalo to stay does that change when he puts in a transfer request?

Nobody wants to lose their best players - when I said I’d happily keep Morelos, it was on the back of your claim that nobody had made a bid. 

If the situation changes and he submits a request and refuses to play, then of course, my opinion may differ.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Nobody wants to lose their best players - when I said I’d happily keep Morelos, it was on the back of your claim that nobody had made a bid. 

If the situation changes and he submits a request and refuses to play, then of course, my opinion may differ.

How far down the Lille list do you think wee Fredo was?

I mean, there's been plenty of press briefings about how Griffiths "needs to get his act together" and "his time at Celtic is over" etc. I'll presume you missed those. Not that Griffiths deserves a particularly gracious exit from football due to his past.
Morelos has done very well out of Rangers, he's had at least three contract extensions and is probably our top earner. He's earned enough to be able to set up a charity foundation to help the poor of Cerete, and he's going to go and play in a top European league and has achieved his dream of playing for Colombia. I don't really recall any examples of Morelos being used to cover the alleged shortcomings of the board, and Rangers are clearly well funded, as I discussed earlier.
Apart from that though...
Apart from that your still a bunch of c***s.