Did Rangers make a mistake not agreeing on fee for Morelos?

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He's referring to the "enormous chasm" in goals scored between KB and LG, as referred to above by G51.

Boyd has something like 220 league goals for Killie and Rangers, Griffiths has 114-ish for Celtic and Hibs. (I'm not sure on the exact numbers but they're in that range).

Boyd's closest competition to the record in this era is still Henrik Larsson, but he's 70 or so goals behind.

I love how creative Celtic fans get when they make up stories like this.
It’s almost as good as the story that came out after the last Celtic v Rangers match where Celtic fans claimed Christie had to get a testicle surgically removed after Morelos assaulted him after the game [emoji23]
Surgically as opposed to what other method of removal ???

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
7 hours ago, AJF said:
I love how creative Celtic fans get when they make up stories like this.
It’s almost as good as the story that came out after the last Celtic v Rangers match where Celtic fans claimed Christie had to get a testicle surgically removed after Morelos assaulted him after the game emoji23.png

Surgically as opposed to what other method of removal ???

A tight elastic band. 😝

Boyd has something like 220 league goals for Killie and Rangers, Griffiths has 114-ish for Celtic and Hibs. (I'm not sure on the exact numbers but they're in that range).
Boyd's closest competition to the record in this era is still Henrik Larsson, but he's 70 or so goals behind.
How many did KB score while being part remunerated with an EBT? All those would be removed from the record in any other sport.

37 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:
3 hours ago, G51 said:

How many did KB score while being part remunerated with an EBT? All those would be removed from the record in any other sport.

He wouldn’t have scored goals in any other sport, so it’s an irrelevant point.

59 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

So, was it cleared up if the Lille Chairman/President/head honcho actually mentioned a figure of £16m or was that all insinuated by Talksport?

It wasn't insinuated by Talksport the Lille owner said it on Talksport.

Jim White asked him if they had bid £16m, he said "yes we have" but that they got their primary target, Jonathan David, and he didn't know if they would bid again, this was 5 days ago. Why people are denying this happened or are refusing to believe it happened, i have no idea.

9 hours ago, sugna said:

I don't have a horse in this race, having pretty similar views on both Celtic and Rangers. However, two things would please me more than they reasonably should:

1. Things that are presented as facts FACT actually being facts. Not, for example, that anyone from either Lille or Rangers has stated that a bid for £16m has been made for Morelos; or, in a similar vein, that Rangers paid £6.48m/£6.5m/£7m/£7.2m/"£5m plus add-ons" for Ryan Kent. Sometimes the correct answer is simply "we don't know".
  2. Threads like this going into the OF sub-forum.

Self-awareness, eh?  We both know that nothing gets you going like a good Rangers thread.

A meringue?

14 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

G51 isn't wrong though. There's a huge gap. 

No, I never thought you would. 

12 hours ago, G51 said:

I know, I thought you didn't understand that willie was talking about the existence of a gap at all. " " signifies I was quoting willie, not denying the size of any gap.

I now understand I have made a terrible error in attempting to decipher a willie post and shall retire to spend more time with my family. 

8 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Thinking Boyd is better than Larsson is the mark of a slabbering gimp.

Back in your box.

Don’t think that’s the argument, though ... Boyd scored more goals that Larsson in the top league in Scotland , but Larsson was, by a country mile , the  better player 

9 hours ago, Super_A said:

It wasn't insinuated by Talksport the Lille owner said it on Talksport.

Jim White asked him if they had bid £16m, he said "yes we have" but that they got their primary target, Jonathan David, and he didn't know if they would bid again, this was 5 days ago. Why people are denying this happened or are refusing to believe it happened, i have no idea.

sounds made up

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I now understand I have made a terrible error in attempting to decipher a willie post and shall retire to spend more time with my family. 

I'm not apologizing for throwing a curve ball in to get this thread going,if Griffiths got his act together he has a good 3 to 4 years left to close the gap not the enormous chasm being suggested.
The enigma that is Griffiths and wee Fredo always creates a circus, El buffalo has scored 3 goals this year Griffiths has 8 both off the rails. 

37 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm not apologizing for throwing a curve ball in to get this thread going,if Griffiths got his act together he has a good 3 to 4 years left to close the gap not the enormous chasm being suggested.
The enigma that is Griffiths and wee Fredo always creates a circus, El buffalo has scored 3 goals this year Griffiths has 8 both off the rails. 

You can't really compare Morelos with Griffiths.

Aside from a bad week of training, Morelos has been absolutely fine. Griffiths issues are much more serious than that.

24 minutes ago, G51 said:

You can't really compare Morelos with Griffiths.

Aside from a bad week of training, Morelos has been absolutely fine. Griffiths issues are much more serious than that.

You are totally spot on here.

Griffiths has mental health issues which, I think, have been pretty well publicised. Yes, he must be a pain in the arse but at all times, he appears to have been supported by his club.

Morelos is a stranger in a strange land, doesn't speak English and has been ragdolled by his club as a) a free-scoring talisman b) a scapegoat for the administrative and commercial shortcomings of the board / c.f ex-players and pundits now freely briefing to the press poodles against Morelos c) as a transfer bargaining chip in the club's desperate search for funds.

There is no comparison between the two.