Did Rangers make a mistake not agreeing on fee for Morelos?

1 hour ago, AmericanFan said:

With what is going on, should they have solid him much earlier for the 15 million pounds?  Doesn't seem like they could get anywhere near that now.

They should have sold him last winter when £15 million would have been a realistic figure. 

Morelos is an excellent football player, and some of his performances in Europe last season, especially PSV away, would have had more than a few European scouts adding him to their watchlist. His temperament is highly questionable, and if he can’t keep his head playing against Aberdeen, Hibs etc. then it’s not surprising he’s not getting hunted by the major european clubs. Not sure about Lille, but if he managed to control his temper, I genuinely believe he would be a revelation in the EPL if he joined an ambitious mid table team like Everton or Sheffield United. 

The lille chairman said in an interview that we rejected a £16m bid for Alfredo, we've also knocked back interest for a few other players.  A few years ago we were selling players for relative pennies or constantly paying players off, a huge difference. 

If we do sell him then we realise the loss once he's gone. 

The lille chairman said in an interview that we rejected a £16m bid for Alfredo, we've also knocked back interest for a few other players.  A few years ago we were selling players for relative pennies or constantly paying players off, a huge difference. 

Ooh....can you post the link containing that direct quote.... sounds fascinating.

37 minutes ago, bennett said:

I have no reason to doubt you but I find it very strange that Rangers would spend good money on two strikers in Roofe and Itten, at the same time as knocking back £16m bids for Morelos. Are Rangers going to run with 5/6 forwards this season when only 2 of them will ever be on the pitch at the same time?

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

I have no reason to doubt you but I find it very strange that Rangers would spend good money on two strikers in Roofe and Itten, at the same time as knocking back £16m bids for Morelos. Are Rangers going to run with 5/6 forwards this season when only 2 of them will ever be on the pitch at the same time?

Last season we struggled with just two strikers when both were out at the same time,  the interview was on talksport and has been covered by the written press too " Lille president Gerard Lopez has confirmed a £16million bid for Alfredo Morelos but admitted it's unlikely they'll go back in for him any time soon".

With an eye watering percentage of any fee heading to Helsinki, it doesn't surprise me they rejected such mammoth bids.

Unfortunately for Sevco, Morelos' unprofessionalism and petulance has been further exposed to the world in recent weeks and I imagine they will now have to settle for whatever they can get before the window closes.

Which is a shame. 435786888_20200820_223610(1).png.3e51e8748c6328d0ccb0288ecc67f95e.png

4 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Why was he not in the squad yesterday, did slippy say?

Morelos made it easy for him to keep him out of the squad. If you're Morelos, you're much better off going to Lille, away from the ridiculous Press Scrutiny you get here and probably doubling your wages.

Second time lucky.

Firstly, the club have agreed a new partnership with Sky to provide a state-of-the-art WIFI technology which will be installed in Ibrox Stadium in the coming months and available to all supporters on match days for free.

Sky is the UK’s leading provider of entertainment and communication, built on over 25 years of market transformation and innovation. Sky WIFI is the number one WIFI provider to stadia in the UK .

Furthermore, a new mid-tier LED system will be installed before the end of the year to provide additional advertising and marketing opportunities, alongside EPOS payment systems throughout the stadium kiosks and hospitality areas.

Alongside Sky, Rangers have partnered with Low6 to develop an exciting new fan app that will contain a number of club-related features and provide engaging content for all supporters

Second time lucky.

Firstly, the club have agreed a new partnership with Sky to provide a state-of-the-art WIFI technology which will be installed in Ibrox Stadium in the coming months and available to all supporters on match days for free.

Sky is the UK’s leading provider of entertainment and communication, built on over 25 years of market transformation and innovation. Sky WIFI is the number one WIFI provider to stadia in the UK .

Furthermore, a new mid-tier LED system will be installed before the end of the year to provide additional advertising and marketing opportunities, alongside EPOS payment systems throughout the stadium kiosks and hospitality areas.

Alongside Sky, Rangers have partnered with Low6 to develop an exciting new fan app that will contain a number of club-related features and provide engaging content for all supporters

Wrong thread?

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:
3 minutes ago, bennett said:
Second time lucky.

Wrong thread?

Aye.

4 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

With an eye watering percentage of any fee heading to Helsinki, it doesn't surprise me they rejected such mammoth bids.

Unfortunately for Sevco, Morelos' unprofessionalism and petulance has been further exposed to the world in recent weeks and I imagine they will now have to settle for whatever they can get before the window closes.

Which is a shame. 435786888_20200820_223610(1).png.3e51e8748c6328d0ccb0288ecc67f95e.png

Yip they almost cant accept anything less than 18m since they have already spent a big whack of that on his replacements. In once sense it's good busness to get the replacements in first but it can be risky if everything goes pear shaped. with the deal

5 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

What is the percentage to Helsinki? Thought it was only around 15 percent?