What's going on with this??

11 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Think this seemed a good idea but Mick should have contacted the league first and asked if they were happy distributing the funds collected and give them the chance to come up with a fair distribution model. I don’t think people should be trying to dissuade people from trying to help clubs out during this hard time!

At least he tried something, not a Darvel fanboy by any stretch of the imagination & pretty sure they will go the same way that every club does when the influx  of money dries up but the guy has the gumption to do something to help other teams & he should be applauded for that.

Edited by Perkin Flump
can spell nane.

I think it's a decent thing to do but I also think mick and darvel need the season to start and the club to start showing more respect to other clubs and try and move away from the drivel the legend spouted and then folk from other clubs would start to appreciate and respect these kind of wee gestures more only my opinion thou 🤷‍♂️

You sir are a knob!! How dare someone come up with something HELPFUL

What the hell is going on with this??  Surely some kind of joke??  
So a newbie amateur manager who's made a pigs ear of things along with everyone else at darvel has set up a 'fund ' to help our many great historic clubs. 
Bizarre or what. 
These proud clubs have survived for decades many more than a century through all sorts of bad times they don't need a egomaniac to help them through these times they will manage just fine! 
No other manager anywhere would embarrass themselves coming up with this nonsense  to make themselves look good . 
Why don't these two at darvel just stick to running the dozens of companies they are involved in and own little village team without this patronising pish. 

20200822_154127.thumb.jpg.d6283eabf06f192a561ad9fd3bce2654.jpg
20200822_154136.thumb.jpg.d94c9e4ef7ebe82a9c811402692a6d65.jpg

What a lot of pish. You think any Talbot fans are frightened of Darvel [emoji1787]

The usual suspects criticising a genuinely well-intentioned idea, just because it's associated with Darvel. You can smell their fear a mile off.

23 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Probably the same way it should have been up to the government to organise and fund the nhs yet football clubs/ players and individuals all over the country raised millions for the nhs. Sometimes it takes individuals to make the first move. Iv NEVER seen this kinda hate towards someone trying to raise cash for the good of the game. I wonder why James Anderson's donations at senior level wasnt met with the same reaction. Maybe if he was a Darvel man rather than a hearts man he would have been.

The Anderson money went from helping the clubs in crisis to helping "community" projects, for everyone from Albion Rovers to Celtic. Basically a waste of the guy's money.

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

The usual suspects criticising a genuinely well-intentioned idea, just because it's associated with Darvel. You can smell their fear a mile off.

What you on about? I didn’t mention Darvel. I stand by what I said. The guy just loves reading his name.