Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Hmm, an Ayr fan thinking McKenna is a donkey. No surprise there then.

He was shite at Ayr second time around, his initial loan spell was good, his second loan being terminated early shows this - he came back a very clumsy player who gave away 3 or 4 penalties and left after a red card where he broke John McGinn in two - (link) he used that to grow into a good defender (all was forgiven after link), but his performances at international level especially recently have been poor IMO

I think the 3 centre backs tonight looked stronger than the previous set of fixtures when he played.  

We just seem to find ourselves repeatedly in a situation where an under siege manager makes poor choices seemingly out of nothing more than bloody-mindedness. I'm not wanting him sacked I'm just wanting him to process the information in front of him and react to it like any premiership manager does.

Anyways, let's see if November's different.

But surely you recognise that the managers we've had are far more experienced in football management than you and me and are doing their absolute best to succeed?

You make it seem like an easy thing, but you're a rational guy so you must realise this isn't the case.

For every manager that changes things regularly and succeeds you'll find one that fails. And for every stubborn fucker who fails you'll find one who eventually succeeds.

There's a lot of factors at play, and the manager can only influence a few of them. Most football fans think they know best but it's quite obviously not the case.

Writing this must have torn you apart mate [emoji12]

I'm just delighted he's no longer in charge of you lot (although unfortunately the guy in charge now seems to be copying his old boss' winning formula).

14 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Felt like that after the game against Ireland at Parkhead in 2014. We obviously ended up chucking that group after being in a great position mind. Does feel strange to have won a tricky nervy game like that after being up against it.

Unpopular opinion time. I'm not sure we threw that group away. Those fucking useless Germans failing to beat Ireland fucked us over.

I agree but given we are on a decent run I don't think he'll change it. We've  got a better chance of keeping a clean sheet with 3-5-2 than we do of outscoring them with 4-2-3-1.
Fair dos, I get the logic. Honestly tho I don't think the 352 can yield a clean sheet away against Serbian strength opposition. The only thing it guarantees is zero goals.

Fair play to the players and staff, it couldn’t have been easy with all the turmoil caused by Covid in the camp. Good that we got a clean sheet, 1st step for Scotland is to make ourselves hard to beat. 

Edited by Rscot

Just now, Rscot said:

Fair play to the players and staff, it couldn’t have been easy with all the turmoil caused by Covid in the camp. Good that we got a clean sheet, 1st step for Scotland is to make yourself hard to beat. 

on top of the injuries to McKenna , Palmer and Burke

1 minute ago, ewan14 said:

on top of the injuries to McKenna , Palmer and Burke

Indeed, I was working so only seen the highlights, sounds like the back 3 of Cooper, Gallagher and Mctominey played well?  Is Robertson looking better at wing back? How did O’Donnell play?

4 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

FTFY

Yeah, but we are in the play off Final. I think in time we’ll start to get better going forward

Edited by Rscot

4 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
10 minutes ago, Rscot said:
Yeah, but we are in the play off Final. I think in time we’ll start to get better going forward

Hope so. Thing is all I've seen for the last 25 years or so is it talk of future consistency and "jam tomorrow"

I know, it’s not been easy to watch Scotland over the last 20 years. Thing is we are grinding out results without really playing well or near the capacity you’d think we are capable of with the calibre of players we have in the squad. You’d like to think things would eventually “click”