Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

Jesus Christ lads talk about misery on here :lol:

Thought the defence was great (note no McKenna) and we had a few good moments going forward, we were over reliant on going down our left, unfortunately for us Dasa had a great game and when we got by him Biton was even better.  

I think our best chance against Serbia may be to play similarly unfortunately for those wanting entertained. 

McTominay growing into that role at the back?

10 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Caldwell played about 100 games in the English Premiership, won the FA Cup, reached the last 16 of the Champions League twice with Celtic and won the Scottish Football Writers Players of the Year.

How does that compare with Declan Gallagher, Scott McKenna, Liam Cooper or Ryan Porteous?

You could argue a case for the likes of Robertson, McGinn, Fraser etc, but like Caldwell, they seem to forget how to play football at the enterance to Hampden.....

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Jesus Christ lads talk about misery on here :lol:

Thought the defence was great (note no McKenna) and we had a few good moments going forward, we were over reliant on going down our left, unfortunately for us Dasa had a great game and when we got by him Biton was even better.  

I think our best chance against Serbia may be to play similarly unfortunately for those wanting entertained. 

Hmm, an Ayr fan thinking McKenna is a donkey. No surprise there then.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

What a hot take this is.

Let's go and try another manager even though this one actually got us through to a playoff final for the first time in umpteen years. f**k sake.

Do folk never learn? We've had loads of managers since we last qualified. What do people expect when they demand another change at the drop of a hat?

Never learn what? It's an entertainment industry. If you want to will on, support and spend money to watch absolute horseshit drivel then go right ahead. I will continue to call out the woeful football, baffling selections and tactics just because they're fluking a win against a team ranked about 50 places behind ourselves in the world rankings. 

I would like to think that David Marshall will get a lot of praise tonight for actually winning the match for us. During the last few matches full of drivel, he has been the one consistent player through it all, and has never put a foot wrong.

Just some adaptability. If a formation isn't working then change it. I get it was about hanging back and waiting for a chance but Clarke can't just do that over and over. A other teams will be wise to it and hammer wherever they perceive to be weakest, knowing there's no danger of much happening and B we should not need to do it against sides like Israel.
In the last 20 years we've tried pretty much everything!

Our best chance is to give a decent manager time, and not be looking to fire him when he's winning! Clarke is clearly a very good manager, and given time, i think he'll get us punching above our weight.

Far too often we've decided to get a new manager and in 20 years it's yet to work.

Jesus Christ lads talk about misery on here [emoji38]
Aye some brutal takes from heaps of folk. Sounds like if we do somehow qualify they'll refuse to watch our matches because we didn't pass Israel off the park in our playoff semi final.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's zero comparison. We'd played some good football that season and in the two previous European campaigns had beaten Rosenborg and Luzern, so there was (naive) hope of winning ties.

I've absolutely no belief this Scotland set up under Clarke does anything other than shitfest losses if they qualify for the Euros.

Perhaps... Perhaps not. Maybe actually qualifying would relieve the pressure and we can go to a tournament and enjoy being there. Until then, Clarke's mandate is to get us there, by whatever means.

7 minutes ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

Definitely, I suppose I was looking at the fact he played at least part of the game for Newcastle at the weekend.  Overall though, does absolutely show how far back we are progressing when there are absolutely no wide men we can call upon internationally ( I know Forrest is injured but...).  So it looks like now we are lacking in a proper right back, winger, creative midfielder, central defender.  Should start putting ads in the papers for positions wanted....

Hopefully Palmer will be back fit , that might help a bit

Fraser match fit

Stuart Armstrong , Ryan Christie , Oliver Burke back fit , get well soon

Edited by ewan14

Never learn what? It's an entertainment industry. If you want to will on, support and spend money to watch absolute horseshit drivel then go right ahead. I will continue to call out the woeful football, baffling selections and tactics just because they're fluking a win against a team ranked about 50 places behind ourselves in the world rankings. 
Do you think clarke should be sacked?

Seriously?

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

It's not though. It's sports entertainment.

We need to sack Clarke and hire Vince McMahon

That's a terrific shout. I'm in. 

Just now, pandarilla said:

Do you think clarke should be sacked?

Seriously?

I've said it numerous times. 

2 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

Hopefully Palmer will be back fit , that might help a bit

Fraser match fit

Ryan Christie back fit , get well soon

I've never quite got the criticism Palmer has got so far.  He's been the most competent full back we've had of recent times, in fact the only time I've felt he didn't do as well was in last couple of games where he tended to drop too far deep infield leaving the left winger plenty of space (but in fairness, that same criticism could be applied to Alan Hutton on numerous occasions).  Ryan Christie was a definite miss tonight as he has that bit of spark and creativity we lacked badly tonight