Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

On 23/09/2020 at 16:14, M0rtonfc said:

Aye I got a refund email and I'm just a punter who bought a few tickets online, automatic refund, money back within 7 days.

Empty Hampden confirmed, bouffin! 

The Supporters club email doesn't confirm that the game will have no fans though.  It just says that a capacity crowd won't be there.  If they mean that there will be no crowd at all, the wording is appalling.  If some fans will be allowed in, they should have mentioned that.

2 hours ago, Gnash said:

The Supporters club email doesn't confirm that the game will have no fans though.  It just says that a capacity crowd won't be there.  If they mean that there will be no crowd at all, the wording is appalling.  If some fans will be allowed in, they should have mentioned that.

They don't know though, so they can hardly make a claim either way.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

They don't know though, so they can hardly make a claim either way.

They should have said they'd advise later if there's any re-sale of tickets.  Most people on here have taken it to mean there will definitely be no fans.  The communication is poor.

I can see with (albeit personal) 99% certainty that in a 2 week window, we won't get to the point where the Scottish Government decides that getting any pissed up Scotland fans into Hampden is a good idea.  And that's not even taking into account UEFA's decision.

12 hours ago, Shipa said:

It's 2 weeks away, if they don't know now?

The SFA would like some fans and have been planning for it for a while. They had been given permission for a test event for the previous Israel game in September, and it was only behind closed doors due to a UEFA decision. UEFA's own test event was the Super Cup final last night, and it has been hoped that they might allow a gradual return of fans in their competitions after the success of that has been assessed. So it still wouldn't surprise me if there ended up being, say, 1000 fans allowed in for the Israel game.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

I can see with (albeit personal) 99% certainty that in a 2 week window, we won't get to the point where the Scottish Government decides that getting any pissed up Scotland fans into Hampden is a good idea.  And that's not even taking into account UEFA's decision.

You're immediately using the sort of perjorative language which is completely unhelpful with the "pissed up" chat. Lots of folk would happily forgo a pre-match booze if the opportunity to attend the game arose. The Scottish Government doesn't have any issue with letting "pissed up" folk into pubs at the moment anyway.

Guest DAVIDB69
Is there any suggestion of the kick off time being brought forward from 7.45pm? Extra time and penalties would easily take the end of the game beyond the 10pm pub curfew.

Would UEFA really be concerned about “local” restrictions with them setting the kick off times

Neil Lennon just said that James Forrest will almost certainly be out of this game due to injury.

I think we're supposed to be disappointed but, on the basis of his recent Scotland games, he won't be missed.

Edited by DA Baracus

Guest DAVIDB69

Looking at the bigger picture be interesting how we manage 3 games in 6 days something we haven’t had for decades .

Fingers crossed we get a result against Israel , because if we don’t there will be a mass of withdrawals for the next games.

We aren’t the fittest side in the world , but we need everyone 100% for these games.

Squad to be announced this week I would expect?
Who fancies a game of injury tombola?
I’m going to go for Ryan Fraser, Liam Cooper and John Fleck to call off with injuries but all play in the next premier league fixture.
I'd be really surprised if Fraser is in the squad and with Forrest also injured, we're probably looking at Burke and Phillips as the wide options in the squad (though I don't think either will start). We'll see if Tierney starts tonight.

The squad is going to be announced tomorrow.

If we are playing with "wide" players then it needs to be Armstrong as one of them. I'd go with a narrow midfield and a back four. If Tierney is out then stick Palmer at RB.

Given McBurnie has dropped out the Sheffield Utd side I'd stick with Dykes up front.

Marshall

Tierney McKenna Cooper Robertson

McGregor McTominay McGinn

Armstrong Christie

Dykes

Just now, Marshmallo said:

If we are playing with "wide" players then it needs to be Armstrong as one of them. I'd go with a narrow midfield and a back four. If Tierney is out then stick Palmer at RB.

Given McBurnie has dropped out the Sheffield Utd side I'd stick with Dykes up front.

Marshall

Armstrong Christie

Dykes

Thats the team I'd go with.

Hopefully Steve Clarke will too

Guest DAVIDB69

Marshall

Armstrong Christie

Dykes

Playing with no recognised forward though , ok I know we don’t have many of those