Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Andy Considine has been fine over the last two games, but there is no world in which it is sensible to pick him ahead of Kieran Tierney.

This.

I reckon last nights team will be the team for Serbia with Robertson in for Taylor and Tierney in for Considine.

O'Donnell and Gallagher could make way for Palmer and Cooper/McKenna but i think Clarke might stick with them.

Keeping players isolated and protected is honestly more important than set piece routines right now. It could be the difference between qualifying for Euro 2020 and the 2022 play-offs, and ending up with nothing. 

Reckon it’s worth sacking off training altogether and just doing tactical prep over a zoom call?

23 hours ago, Binos said:

It's pretty obvious Fraser picks and chooses his games

As have many or just simply canned it

Which would all go away if we could qualify for something again

I have seen an article where he revealed the injuries he has suffered playing on artificial surfaces

32 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

This.

I reckon last nights team will be the team for Serbia with Robertson in for Taylor and Tierney in for Considine.

O'Donnell and Gallagher could make way for Palmer and Cooper/McKenna but i think Clarke might stick with them.

I'd play Gallagher, Cooper and Tierney as the back 3 (McKenna in for Gallagher if you want) and move McTominay into midfield. McTominay has done well there the last two games but I'd still rather have him in midfield over McGregor or Ryan Jack.

McTominay is in the defence not because he's a great defender, but because he's the most capable at stepping out from the back both with the ball and to make interceptions, which is hugely important in terms of how we want to play. Charlie Mulgrew is probably the only actualy centre-back we've had recently who has been able to properly do that, and now that he appears to be on the scrapheap Clarke has had to find someone to do that. Tierney is definitely capable of playing out from the back, but I don't think he has the same ability to read the play and step out and win the ball - I think that's a skill which midfielders are much better at. It is a delicate balance though, because McTominay struggles with a lot of aspects of one-on-one defending and also dealing with balls over his head.