Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

8 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

McTominey's actually not bad in defense - or Israel are just really pish. Not sure.

Tierney in for O'Donnell.
Christie in for Jack.
Griffiths in for McBurnie.

Serbia are favourites but they wouldn't be playing us in the LEAGUE C finals if they weren't average themselves. Ye never know...

A midfield of Christie, McGinn and McGregor would be hopeless defensively. I’d be swapping McGregor for Armstrong. McGregor put in another hopeless performance in a Scotland jersey tonight. 
it’s an unpopular opinion but I wouldn’t be against having Scott Brown back in there against Serbia. Brown playing behind McGinn and Armstrong would be decent IMO. 
Fingers crossed Griffiths gets some game time for Celtic and gets fit enough for a call up. I just can’t see where a goal is going to come from from any other striker currently available. 

ETA - Brown bossed 2 games against Lazio not so long ago where Malinkovic-Savic was in their midfield. 

Edited by Scosha

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, it'll be some buzz to finally qualify for a major tournament again, only to be papped put after 3 games and only having 1 shot on target the whole time.

f**k sake, we've been waiting for 20 years to have the pleasure of being papped out after 3 games, now's not the time to worry about that.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

f**k sake, we've been waiting for 20 years to have the pleasure of being papped out after 3 games, now's not the time to worry about that.

I'm one of those who doesn't understand the excitement of qualifying for something purely because you've qualified.

Its the equivalent of being happy you shitfested your way to 5th so you can play in Europe, despite knowing all it will amount to is a couple of hammerings from teams from Estonia.

I take back what I said about McTominay before the match, I thought he played well apart from missing the open third of the goal at the other end of the pitch. As shite as we were, winning changes the feeling after the match massively. One thing against us in the Serbia game will be that they will have their full 30% of capacity in the ground with no Scotland fans.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm one of those who doesn't understand the excitement of qualifying for something purely because you've qualified.

Its the equivalent of being happy you shitfested your way to 5th so you can play in Europe, despite knowing all it will amount to is a couple of hammerings from teams from Estonia.

Don't know how you're still a St Johnstone fan then tbh

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It’s called being a fitba fan.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jesus Christ, min. What do you even get out of football if not to experience the small moments of joy or at least curiosity those occasions produce?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

For most fans actually winning something isn’t within reach. You take the best milestones and wins that you can.

It makes the actual tournament finals more interesting because you have someone to support there. 

6 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

We've played better and still achieved bugger all. If we get through playing awful then so be it. 

Very much this.

I have been at many Hampden games where we have played well and lost or drawn. Italy at home is the stand out. 

I don’t give us much chance to beat Serbia but it is a one off game. Playing away may help us. 

Another two games to see if we can up our performances. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

562260029_tenor(15).gif.443ec084cb78df019a55f8faa1d64b08.gif

Cooper was good. Great penalties apart from McGinn and I had confidence in all five. Credit to Shankland who struggled badly but took a brilliant pen. 

Our attacking play was dire. Sticking with the 3-5-2 for the Serbia game is probably the best option but long term Clarke needs to add more.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Don't know how you're still a St Johnstone fan then tbh

I get plenty of joy out of St Johnstone. 

4 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

No. It isn't.

You get three games, a decent holiday and a share of the atmos.

Better than NOT being there.

A decent holiday? All our games will be played at Hampden or Wembley.

3 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Jesus Christ, min. What do you even get out of football if not to experience the small moments of joy or at least curiosity those occasions produce?

I get no joy out of watching an absolutely shite match than ends with a penalty shoot out win, tbh.

I'm not one of those fannies who would "rather lose playing nice football than win with shite football", but neither am I someone who's going to watch a game that awful then pretend it was amazing because we won.