Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

On a positive note, I do think Dykes has potential. McBurnie cost £20m so he must have some qualities. I just haven’t seen what they are. The team generally looks solid, just lacking ideas a bit. Going on the first half, we’re more likely to score from a corner or a free-kick than from open play. 

Just fucking win Scotland! Set up the game with Norway/Serbia then pray they are afflicted by a Coronavirus outbreak.

Shout out to the coked up boy at the table next to me who is telling anyone who will listen that this formation isn't getting the most out of our best player, Niall McGinn. I agreed with him after the third time he shouted at me to try and quiet him down.

O'Donnell is slower than a week in jail and looks like he has to try really hard to control the ball.  His style reminds me of Kirk Broadfoot.
Aye the bit where he "turned" inside just before half time was hilarious. Like he was running round the edge of a set square.

1 minute ago, starryfish said:

3 centre halves, 2 full backs and 2 sitting midfielders at home to Israel

1 sitting midfielder, 2 wing backs and one of the centre halves is a midfielder.

You cannot complain that a team with two wing backs and two forwards is defensive. It's not going well but it's not because of a defensive system.

We just give the ball away when we do actually get it up front, mainly because McBurnie can’t hold on to it or pass it to a Scotland player or, if he does pass to a Scotland player, it’s one who has an Israeli right up his arse and we lose it immediately. Dykes is the complete opposite but the players that he lays it off to, lose it.

Sorry, I forgot he was keeping Trent Alexander McArnold out the team.

Tbf he’s a shite defender as well but does offer a lot when going forward!!!

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No, he's shelled pointless balls up the pitch to no one.

You blind or something. 
but then you watch turgid pish week in week out I guess you don’t know much about when a footballer is actually having a good game

No response required 

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

He's doing a lot tonight. He's retaining possession under pressure, he's linking up with Robertson and he's covering in defence pretty well. He's our best midfielder just now (not saying much, but still). McGinn has had a couple of harum-scarum runs forward but he's also coughed up too much possession.  

He is meant to be our chief playmaker. Even your write up proves he isnt doing enough.

All physicality and no guile. Get fraser on.

We also need to up the tempo and get in their faces. Far too pedestrian, and like others have mentioned, it's far too comfortable for them.
I think this is clarkes brand of football and its a case of play until it clicks

15 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

We are clearly not watching the same game.

We have been pish since kick off

Nah we've been perfectly comfortable and started to grow into it in the latter part of the half. Couple of wee tweaks at half time we'll be fine, I'd make us heavy favourites after watching the first half.  

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

You blind or something. 
but then you watch turgid pish week in week out I guess you don’t know much about when a footballer is actually having a good game

No response required 

What a dickish response. 

I suppose you watch dazzling Spain 2010 stuff most weeks?

Are you also suggesting that I watch no footballing content other than stuff involving my own team?

Also, I never said he was having a good or bad game. 

Sit down junior.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 sitting midfielder, 2 wing backs and one of the centre halves is a midfielder.
You cannot complain that a team with two wing backs and two forwards is defensive. It's not going well but it's not because of a defensive system.

You talk utter nonsense